Smackdown - After Wrestlemania XXIV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin

Reaction score
3871766.jpg

After Wrestlemania XXIV (24) Vince McMahon fired Smackdown writers as he thought the show was too dull and needed to be more like Raw and ECW, so the WWE Chairman hired wrestling writer Alex Moss as writer of the Friday Night Show. Vince has put an ultimatum that the show must reach a 3.5 by August.

Here are the results concerning Smackdown from Wrestlemania 24:

World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker bt. Edge to become the new World Heavyweight Champion

Money In The Bank
MVP bt. Chavo Guerrero, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Mr Kennedy and Tommy Dreamer

United States Championship
Finlay bt. Rey Mysterio to retian the United States Championship

CT Styles

Tommy Dreamer in the MITB match??

Well rosters would make a difference but I'm checkin this onw out.

McLovin

Reaction score
3871766.jpg

PREVIEW FOR APRIL 4, 2008

After an amazing Wrestlemania, the wrestlers of Smackdown start the road to Backlash on April 27.

New World Heavyweight Champion, The Undertaker is in action as he sets himself up for his first title defence, as he takes on Kenny Dykstra in Singles action.

After losing to Finlay at Wrestlemania, Rey Mysterio looks to get back on his feet as he battles against Dave Taylor in a tough contest for Rey.

The WWE Tag-Team Championships are on the line as The Miz and John Morrison defend against Deuce N Domino. Deuce N Domino will want to regain the Championships they held last year.

And finally "The Animal" Batista returns to action, after being injured last February by mark Henry, therefore missing Wrestlemania 24, he looks to exact revenge on Henry for missing the biggest show of the year.

Catch this and much more this Friday on Smackdown!

Note: Smackdown's official website has been created, take a look at http://www.freewebs.com/smackdownbtb

3871766.jpg

SPOILERS FOR APRIL 4, 2008

1. Undertaker bt. Kenny Dykstra

2. Deuce N Domino bt. The Miz and John Morrison to win the WWE Tag-Team Championship

3. Rey Mysterio bt. Dave Taylor

4. Mark Henry bt. Batista

5. Curt Hawkins and Zak Ryder bt. Edge

Highlight over the text to see the spoilers

3871766.jpg

April 4, 2008

Commentary1.jpg

MICHAEL COLE: Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman ringside.

Edges music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Last Sunday at Wrestlemania XXIV, Edge lost the World Heavyweight Championship to The Undertaker in a great match.

MICHAEL COLE: Edge has to be disappointed with himself, his Wrestlemania streak of not being pinned is over.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: And The Undertaker’s impressive streak at Wrestlemania reaches 16-0. What a phenomenal feat!

EDGE: Last Sunday at Wrestlemania XXIV.

(Crowd boos heavily)

EDGE: Last Sunday at the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania. I lost my World Heavyweight Championship.

(Crowd carries on booing “The Rated R Superstarâ€)

EDGE: But that is not all, I lost my Wrestlemania streak. However it wasn’t my fault. It was The Major Brothers. That’s right; you guys don’t deserve to carry on being named the names that I christened you with.

(Crowd continue to boo the former World Heavyweight Champion)

EDGE: That doesn’t matter because I am ivo….

The Major Brothers music plays and the two of them come to the ring.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Business is about to pick up Michael.

MICHAEL COLE: Here come Curt Hawkins and Zak Ryder.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: You don’t call them that!

ZAK RYDER: You know what Edge. We don’t care I we aren’t called Zak Ryder and Curt Hawkins. We made the decision to be with you, to form an alliance. But you let the success get to your head.

BRETT MAJOR: Edge as of right now, we are no longer helping you. We are no longer associated with you. Vickie Guerrero has already quit and so do me and my brother Brian!

(Crowd cheer)

Theodore Long’s music plays and he comes down to the entrance ramp.

THEODORE LONG:
Hola hola playas. It’s pretty obvious you guys have a lot of heat with each other. So tonight The Major Brothers will take on Edge and a partner of his choosing.

MICHAEL COLE: What a main-event that is going to be!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: That was a very stupid decision by The Major Brothers.

MICHAEL COLE: As of right now, Brian and Brett Major are no longer associated with Edge.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: We already have a contender for Worst Decision of the Year Michael.

MICHAEL COLE: When we return from this commercial, the new World Heavyweight Champion is in action.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

UndertakervsKennyDykstra.jpg

Kenny Dykstra’s music plays and he comes down to the ring.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: And here comes my man!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall, introducing first, Kenny Dykstra!

MICHAEL COLE: What a fantastic opportunity Kenny Dykstra has tonight.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Kenny goes one on one with the World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker.

The Undertaker’s music plays and he slowly comes down to the ring.

MICHAEL COLE: The famous gong plays and here comes the new World Heavyweight Champion!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And introducing his opponent, the new World Heavyweight Champion, The Undertaker!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: But The Undertaker has got to be hurting inside, he had a brutal battle with Edge on Sunday.

MICHAEL COLE: That is right Coach. Undertaker had a brilliant match and that may affect him tonight.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Kenny Dykstra has nothing to lose and everything to gain in this match.

- DING DING DING -

Kenny Dykstra began the match attacking Undertaker during is entrance, however The Phenom quickly avoided Kenny’s onslaught and used a variation of moves such as: Old School, Chokeslam and finally his patented finisher, Tombstone Piledriver to win the match.

- DING DING DING –

MICHAEL COLE: Last Sunday at Wrestlemania XXIV, The Undertaker went 16-0 at Wrestlemania. Just 5 days removed from the extravaganza Undertaker proves why he is ruler of the Smackdown Kingdom.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Kenny tried to startle The Phenom before the match but it wasn’t enough to defeat The Deadman.

MICHAEL COLE: It is going to take someone with something rather special to defeat this man.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Right now I don’t see anyone defeating The Undertaker.

MICHAEL COLE: One man that has already beaten The Undertaker, not once but three times is The Animal, Batista.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Last January Batista was injured by the hands of Mark Henry.

MICHAEL COLE:
This meant that Batista couldn’t wrestle at Wrestlemania for the second time in three years. Batista looks to exact revenge on Henry tonight.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: That’s right tonight Batista goes one-on-one with Mark Henry.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

MVPTalk.jpg

MICHAEL COLE: Right now we have MVP, who won Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania, which means he can have a Title Match of his choosing for one whole year.

MVP: At Wrestlemania, MVP proved once again that he is better than any man on Raw, any man on ECW or any man on Smackdown.

(Crowd boos the cocky MVP)

MVP: You can boo all you like, because all of you know that you are booing greatness. Now that leaves me with my decision, which Champion should I face.

(Crowd continues to boo)

MVP: Should I take on Finlay and win back my United States Championship? The answer is no, because MVP is better than the United States Championship.

(Crowd carries on booing MVP)

MVP: Should I find a tag-team partner? Well we all know what happened there don’t we? Matt Hardy was too jealous of my talent and glory that he got what came to him.

(Crowd continues to boo)

MVP:
Well I am not going to tell you, because unlike any of you, I am half man. I am half amazing and I am straight up BAAALIN!

MVP’s music plays and he begins to leave the ring and go backstage.

MICHAEL COLE: What a cocky, arrogant son of a…

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Woah woah woah Michael! You can’t deny that MVP is a tremendous athlete.

MICHAEL COLE: I can’t take that away from MVP.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: What Championship do you think he’ll go for?

MICHAEL COLE: We can guess all we want but MVP will make a decision that is going to change his career. But speaking of Championships, the WWE Tag-Team Championships are on the line as The Miz and John Morrison will defend against Deuce N Domino.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

DeuceNDominovsTheMizandJohnMorrison.jpg

John Morrison’s music plays and The Miz and John Morrison come down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall and is for the WWE Tag-Team Championships. Introducing first the Champions, John Morrison and The Miz!

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown, Tag-Team Championships are on the line next. Can Deuce N Domino win back the belts they held for nearly half a year?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Well it is going to be a tough challenge, as the pair take on ECW’s John Morrison and The Miz.

MICHAEL COLE: Ever since they won the Tag-Team Championships they have defeated everyone in their path.

Deuce N Domino’s music plays and the two come down to the ring with their manager Cherry.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Here come the previous Champions.

MICHAEL COLE: That’s right Coach; Deuce N Domino won their only Tag-Team Championships to date back in April, before losing to Matt Hardy and MVP in September.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: It was such a good reign, but a lot of good tag-teams are coming through the ranks on Smackdown. If Deuce N Domino blow this title shot they won’t get another one for a long time.

- DING DING DING –

Deuce N Domino’s rough style took the advantage against the athletic pair of Miz and Morrison. The ECW pair regained the momentum with quick tags and high flying moves. As both teams had many chances to win the match, examples being Deuce N Domino hitting a low blow to Morrison but only good enough for a two count. But as the match came to an end, Deuce ducked a Superkick from Morrison which landed right on the chin of Miz. Meaning Deuce got the victory for his team.

- DING DING DING -

JONATHAN COACHMAN: What a match!

MICHAEL COLE: More importantly, Deuce N Domino have won back the WWE Tag-Team Championships.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: You have got to hand it to John Morrison and The Miz. They made sure that Deuce N Domino didn’t come in and walk away with the belts without a fight.

MICHAEL COLE: Love them or loathe tem, Morrison and Miz proved why they are future stars of the WWE.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Who will step up to the plate against Deuce N Domino now that they have reclaimed the Championships?

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

BackstagewithEdgeandFunaki.jpg

Edge is seen in the locker room looking around for a tag-team partner.

EDGE: Well you know what you could never lace up my boots. You worthless piece of…

Funaki taps Edge on the back and he turns around.

FUNAKI: Pardon me Edge, but it seems that you are looking for a tag-team partner.

EDGE: Yes what have you been doing? Watching Smackdown?

FUNAKI: Well I know somebody who could be your partner tonight.

EDGE: Ok Funaki, who could be my partner?

Funaki does a few stretches.

EDGE: Funaki just tell me who it could be.

FUNAKI: It could be me Edge. I am like your…

EDGE: (laughs) You Funaki. Thanks for the offer but (laughs) no thanks!

Edge leaves while Funaki looks stunned as to why Edge declined his offer.

MICHAEL COLE: (laughs) Well coming up next, he came so close to winning the United States Championship at Wrestlemania. Rey Mysterio is in action next.

END OF PART 1 OF 2

Evil Austin

It was pretty good. i will review it when part 2 is up but a good start.

The Rated R CMStar

You could ask weebo to do the match pic banners. That has to be the gayest pic of Funaki ever.

Nice first part, altough I don't dig the spoiler thing. I will be reviewing Part 2

Cheap Plug: Go and Check BTW, PPV has been posted

The Ripper

Reaction score
Good first part, ill look out for the second part. But as cms said the spoilers are a bad idea, by the sounds of it you made the writing white but not every one has the white background so it isnt invisable

McLovin

Reaction score
Looks like I got a good response for my first show!

The graphics I use are made by me and I quite like them to be honest, not bad for a first go.
I'm starting to write Part 2 as we speak.

3871766.jpg

April 4, 2008

ReyMysterioInAction.jpg

Dave Taylor's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall, introducing first from Blackpool, England. Dave Taylor.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: You don't want to mess with this guy.

MICHAEL COLE: And that guy you are referring to is infact Dave Taylor. Set to go one-on-one with rey Mysterio.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I have to tell you Michael, Rey looks like he could be in trouble with Dave Taylor.

MICHAEL COLE: Well it was just 5 nights ago at Wrestlemania XXIV, that Rey Mysterio came ever so close to winning the United States Championship.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Finlay though put on a great performance to show why he is one of the best wrestlers on Smackdown.

Rey Mysterio's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And introducing his opponent, Rey Mysterio!

MICHAEL COLE: And here comes Rey!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Rey has to be exhausted from his match last Sunday.

MICHAEL COLE: You're right partner, there you see some highlights of the match on your screen. Finlay just brutalized Rey.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: It truly was a clash of styles at Wrestlemania.

- DING DING DING -

Rey took advantage in the early going, sending Dave Taylor into surprise with his high flying style. Rey set Taylor up for the 619 very early but the Englishman was able to avoid the finisher. Taylor then worked on the knee of Rey Mysterio, using a variation of moves to put Mysterio's knee in a huge amount of pain. Rey battled back and saw an opening, setting up the 619 on dave Taylor. This time Rey executed the move and attempted to hit the West Coast Pop but Finlay come out and hammered Mysterio with a shilleleagh to the knee of Mysterio.

- DING DING DING -

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Your winner of this match, as a result of a disqualification, Rey Mysterio!

MICHAEL COLE: You have to be kidding me, Finlay had a spectacular match with Rey at Wrestlemania, and now he comes out and attacks Rey Mysterio.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I love the irish!

FINLAY: At Wrestlemania XXIV, me and Rey had ourselves a match for my United States Championship, and I won. Now I may have retained my belt but I left Orlando disappointed. Disappointed because I didn't end Rey Mysterio's career. So that is exactly what I am going to do. Instead of Rey asking me for a rematch, I am going to ask him for a rematch. And Rey you can give me your answer next week on Smackdown!

MICHAEL COLE: Will Rey accept Finlay's challenge?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I wouldn't, Rey didn't know that Finlay was trying to end Rey's career at Wrestlemania, now he does. He needs to stay away and very quickly.

MICHAEL COLE: Never the less, coming up next. "The Animal" Batista returns after missing Wrestlemania, he looks to get revenge on the man that took him out, Mark Henry!

Video Package is shown highlighting the feud between Batista and Mark Henry

The first footage shows Batista in the middle of a World Heavyweight Championship match with Edge.

MICHAEL COLE: Batista gets his Championship shot after winning the No.1 Contender Tournament.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: The match was scheduled for Wrestlemania, but "The Animal" is using his shot tonight.

The next footage shows Batista setting Edge up for the Batista Bomb.

MICHAEL COLE: Here comes the Batista Bomb!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Batista is going to win back the World Title.

The next piece of footage shows mark henry entering the ring and knocking Batista down in the back of the head.

MICHAEL COLE: What is this?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Mark Henry has come out.

The next piece of footage shows Mark henry positioning Batista on the turnbuckle.

MICHAEL COLE: What does Mark henry have in mind?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I don't know but it looks very bad for Batista.

Mark Henry then picks up Batista and hits a Powerbomb throwing Batista into the announce table.

MICHAEL COLE: OH MY GOD!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Batista is out!

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

MarkHenryvsBatista.jpg

Mark Henry's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall, introducing first, Mark Henry.

MICHAEL COLE: The nerve of that man.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: It gives me goosebumps every time I see it.

MICHAEL COLE: That man should be suspended for what he did.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Words cannot describe what happened that night.

Batista's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

MICHAEL COLE: And for the first time in 3 months, here comes the Animal!

- DING DING DING -

Batista quickly attacks Mark Henry, clotheslining him out of the ring and hitting him as Henry plods to the entrance ramp. Batista hits knees to the gut of Henry and forces his face into the titantron with force. The two then go backstage and start hammering away at each other and throwing the other man into walls, tables and anything else that isn't nailed down.
The two invade Theodore Long's office and hammer each other while he grabs a microphone and announces that the match is Anywhere Falls.
Mark Henry brings Batista out of Long's office and bear hugs him into a Drinks machine, sending The Animal to the floor in vicious pain.

***COMMERICIAL BREAK***

When the action returned, Batista was on the top of a limosuine and Henry stood ontop of him. Henry picks Batista up and sets him up for a Powerbomb but Batista hits a series of punches knocking Henry to the floor of the limousine. Batista picks up Henry and Batista Bomb's Mark henry onto the limousine!
A dozen referee's pull Batista away from Henry as EMT's come and check on Mark Henry.

MICHAEL COLE: OH MY GOD! Batista just Batistabombed Mark Henry ontop of the limousine!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: That proves how much Wrestlemania means to these guys, especially Batista.

BATISTA: Mark Henry you've forced me to miss 2 Wrestlemania's and that is too many. So at Backlash, me and you. Not in a wrestling match. No our match will be HELL IN A CELL!

MICHAEL COLE: Wow! Batista has just announced Hell In A Cell, 3 weeks from Sunday.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I don't think Henry will be able to make it.

MICHAEL COLE: When we return, The Major Brothers will take on Edge and his mystery partner.

***COMMERICAL BREAK***

A promo for Backlash is shown.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown and 3 weeks from Sunday WWE presents Backlash.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: That's right Michael, and WWE does better than anyone else on Pay-Per-View.

EdgevsEdgeheads.jpg

The Major Brothers music plays and they come down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is your main-event, introducing first Brian and Brett Major, The Major Brothers.

MICHAEL COLE: At the beginning of the show, Edge blamed The Major Brothers for his loss at Wrestlemania. And to be quite honest they didn't care one bit, and they are no longer associated with Edge at all.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I've said it once and I'll say it again, that was a very bad decision by The Major Brothers.

Edge's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And introducing their opponents, first he is The Rated R Superstar, Edge!

MICHAEL COLE: Who is going to be Edge's tag-team partner tonight?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Well one thing is for sure, it isn't going to be Funaki!

- DING DING DING -

Edge races into the ring with no tag-team partner as The major Brothers kick Edge while he is on the floor. Suddenly Kane's music plays and he storms down to the ring. Kane enters the ring, and The Major Brothers turn around but Kane hits both of them with a clothesline. Kane hits a big boot on Brett Major and hits a Sidewalk Slam on Brian Major. Edge sets Brian Major for a Spear but Brian dodges and hits a Enzuguri Kick on Edge. Kane holds Brian Major and hits a Chokeslam on Brian. Edge jumps onto Brian Major and gets the pinfall victory.

- DING DING DING -

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Your winners of the match, Kane and Edge.

MICHAEL COLE: Edge and Kane pick up the victory.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: And that is the Kane that we all know and love.

MICHAEL COLE: But why is Kane tag-teaming with Edge?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: That is a question that is on everybodies mind.

MICHAEL COLE: Thank you for joining us for an amazing Smackdown, we'll see you next week!

END OF SHOW

Hopefully I'll start the graphics for the second week of Smackdown, so any reviews would be nice!

Evil Austin

bm - Batista / henry

wm - edge / funaki

bp - ?/ not sure really

wp - again i was not that impressed with all of them .

- good first show but can have room for improvement. Good luck in the future but you should get weebo to make your match banners.

CT Styles

BM: Batista/Mark Henry

WM: ?

BP: Weren't really any

WP: REad above

AC: Matches need to be longer, your ME would of been like 2 mins. You need promos, Dont have commercial breaks during matches.

Rating: 6/10

McLovin

Reaction score
3871766.jpg

APRIL 11, 2008

Last weeks Smackdown was spectacular, with new enemies made and few firendships continuing.

Batista looks to exact more revenge on any wrestler that gets in his way, a ruthless streak has been let out by the former World Heavyweight Champion which many should fear.

We will also hear from Mark Henry who will respond to Batista's Hell In A Cell challenge at Backlash and get a medical condition from the Worlds Strongest Man.

A Smackdown wrestler will return from injur this week after missing most of last year due to a groin injury.

The Major Brothers will compete for a shot at the WWE Tag-Team Championships against a mystery team, new Champions Deuce N Domino will be keeping a close eye on how the match progresses.

Rey Mysterio will answer the challenge set by United States Champion Finlay last week for a Wrestlemania Rematch, where Finlay promised that if Mysterio agreed, h

Catch this and much more this Friday on Smackdown!

Rumours running around Wrestling Observer and Wrestleview are that a few new wrestlers are coming to Smackdown that aren't known to the WWE audience.

Thoughts?
Who could they be?

3871766.jpg

April 11, 2008

Commentary1.jpg

MICHAEL COLE: Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman ringside.

BatistaPromo.jpg

Batista’s music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JONATHAN COACHMAN:
Last week Batista got more than revenge against Mark Henry in their Anywhere Falls match.

MICHAEL COLE: That’s right John. Batista picked up the 400 pound Mark Henry and gave a devastating Batista Bomb onto the limousine.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: We all thought that Henry was going to slam Batista onto the limousine but Batista was able to reverse.

MICHAEL COLE: What is more interesting is that Batista demanded a Hell in a Cell match with Henry.

BATISTA: As a kid I would dream of being in the main-event of Wrestlemania. Well 3 months ago Mark Henry cost me the chance of fufilling that dream. So last week me and Mark had ourselves a little match. Take a look...

*A video package shows highlights of Batista vs. Mark Henry*

BATISTA: Now many would think that I have got my revenge. Mark Henry is out of action.

(Crowd cheers)

BATISTA: But I am not happy one bit! Mark you cost me Wrestlemania, and I am going to make sure you never wrestle at Wrestlemania again. Whever that means me taking you out for the next year or not.

(Crowd cheers)

BATISTA: Now onto Hell In A Cell. Mark if you didn't hear me last week because you were unconscious and now you are watching at home on the sidelines. Listen to me now, because I want you at Backlash. Hell In A Cell. I don't care if you are 100%, 50% or 10% you will make it to Backlash and that is a promise.

Theodore Long's music plays and he comes down to the entrance ramp.

THEODORE LONG: Batista I see your angry but you can't demand matches whenever you want. So you've got to prove to me that you are 100% and I'll make the match.

Smackdown's entrance music plays and a Local Jobber comes down to the ring by the name of James Curtis.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall introducing Batista's opponent, James Curtis.

MICHAEL COLE: Batista set to go one-on-one with James Curtis and judging from Theodore Long's comments, Batista needs to show Theodore Long that he has fully recovered from injury.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Well it has to be hard for someone like Batista. Missing Wrestlemania is a very heart-breaking thing for any wrestler in the WWE.

The bell rings and Batista charges after James Curtis and hits him with a harsh spear. Batista goes to the ropes and shakes them to show that he is ready to hit the Batista Bomb. James gets up and Batista hits a Batista Bomb on James Curtis and goes for the pin. 1....2.... Batista picks James up before the three count and hits another Batista Bomb onto James Curtis. Batista goes for the pin. 1.....2.....3!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Your winner of the match, BATISTA!

MICHAEL COLE: How impressive was that John?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Batista just proved why he is one of the very best in the WWE!

BATISTA: I'm not done bring me some more out here now!

Two more jobbers by the name of Cassidy Riley and Johnny Vee come down to the ring.

MICHAEL COLE: I can't believe what we are seeing here!

The bell rings and the two go after Batista. Batista hits Cassidy with a vicious clothesline and then hits a Spinebuster on Johnny. Batista picks up Cassidy and hits a Batista Bomb. Batista goes for the pin. 1.....2..... Johnny breaks up the count, but Batista grabs Johnny by the hair and hits a Batista Bomb, with Johnny landing on Cassidy. Batista goes for the double pin. 1.....2.....3!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Your winner of the match, BATISTA!

MICHAEL COLE: Batista has snapped!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: The Animal shows the power and strength that has won him numerous World Titles.

BATISTA: Bring some more out here! NOW!

MICHAEL COLE: WHAT?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Batista doesn't want to stop tonight, he is electric!

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown on what is set to be another great show!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: That's right Michael! Last week Smackdown scored a 2.8.

MICHAEL COLE: Numerous rumours have been floating around that a mystery wrestler is returning to Smackdown tonight. Josh Matthews is standing by.

GregoryHelmsPromo.jpg

JOSH MATTHEWS: Thank you very much Michael. I am standing by with...

Josh Matthews is cut off as the mystery person steals the microphone.

GREGORY HELMS: Anyone remember me? Anyone remember the longest reigning Cruiserweight Champion in history? That's right Gregory Helms is back! Now the first thing I have noticed is I can't see a Cruiserweight Champion. I can't see the Cruiserweight Division. Fear not you won't have to wait another week to see them return. Because tonight I'm in action with a fellow Cruiserweight. And not only is the belt coming back, so is the Divison. Because we are the best athletes in the WWE and we will be seen.

Josh Matthews is left standing alone.

MVPvsjesse.jpg

MVP's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest set for one fall, introducing first MVP!

MICHAEL COLE Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman at ringside and the Cruiserweights are back.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: And if you haven't noticed so is Gregory Helms, who I think will make up for lost time.

MICHAEL COLE: Anyway MVP in action next.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: The winner of Money In The Bank, you've gotta love the guy.

Jesse's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Introducing his opponent, Jesse.

MICHAEL COLE: We haven't seen much of this guy in a while.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: And Smackdown's a better place without this goof.

The bell rings and MVP and Jesse lock up, Jesse rolls MVP into the ropes and MVP hits a shoulder block onto Jesse. MVP runs to the ropes only to be caught by a hip toss. Jesse streches the shoulder of MVP and lets go, as MVP nurses the shoulder. Jesse runs into the ropes and hits a dropkick onto the shoulder, with MVP screaming in pain. Jesse goes ontop of the turnbuckle and hits a Crossbody, but MVP rolls over and goes for the pin. 1.....2..... But Jesse kicks out and tries to get toh is feet, but MVP hits punches to Jesse forcing him back down to the floor. MVP holds Jesse down and kicks him in the ribs. Jesse rives in pain and goes outside of the ring. MVP follows him with punches to the back, then rolls Jesse into the steel steps. MVP acts cocky and arrogant, messing with the crowd and imitating Jesse. MVP goes for a knee onto Jesse but Jesse dodges, sending MVP's knee into the steel steps. Jesse throws MVP back into the ring and goes onto the turnbuckle, hitting a missle dropkick onto MVP. Jesse goes for the pin. 1.....2..... MVP kicks out. Jesse picks up MVP and rolls him into the ropes and goes for a Back Body Drop, but MVP dodges and kicks Jesse in the ribs again. MVP hits a clothesline on Jesse, sneding him to the mat. MVP picks up Jesse and rolls him into the turnbuckle and goes for the foot into the face. Jesse dodges but MVP stops before he hit the turnbuckle and hits Jesse in the back. MVP sets Jesse up for the Playmaker but Jesse dodges into a Bulldog. Jesse goes to the top rope but misses a Frog Splash and hits his ribs onto the mat. MVP picks Jesse up and hits the Playmaker. MVP goes for the pin. 1.....2.....3!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And your winner of the match, MVP!

MICHEAL COLE: MVP proving why he is such a force on Smackdown.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Another great display by MVP, he had nothing to worry about.

MICHAEL COLE: Nothing to worry about? Jesse put up a valiant effort until MVP gave him a cheap shot the ribs.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: It was stradegy Michael.

MICHAEL COLE: When we return, Kane will explain tag-teaming with Edge last week.

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

KanePromo.jpg

Kane's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: And here comes a man that shocked the world last week.

MICHAEL COLE: The Big Red Machine, teamed with Edge last week in what is avery surprising move.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Well we are going to find out why.

KANE: Many of you have been asking me, why I teamed with Edge last week against The Major Brothers. Well I'll tell you why.... BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF YOU!

(Crowd boos)

KANE: Everyone of you with your Batista and your Undertaker signs. I have never seen one Kane sign. So if you were thinking of making a Kane sign, you can take your signs and rip them up. Because I'm tired of being cheered for.

(Crowd boos heavily)

KANE:
What hae any of you done for me? Nothing. So that is why I'm going to make all of your lives as worse. No EVEN worser than mine.

Ric Flair's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

MICHAEL COLE: Here comes the Nature Boy.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I gotta say Kane has made the right choice.

RIC FLAIR: Didn't you have a mask last time?

(Crowd cheer and laugh)

RIC FLAIR: Come on Kane, what have you done with youself? Why are you blaming the fans. They made you.

(Crowd cheer and woo)

RIC FLAIR: Here's one for the fans... WOO! Anyway Kane, your The Big Red Machine, don't ruin your career by going down the path that is going to get you absolutely nowhere.

KANE: Shut up Ric! You haven't done anything. I'm a bigger star than you, and the only reason I haven't won as many belts as you is because of these fans.

(Crowd boo)

RIC FLAIR: You know what Kane. Your full of cr*p! These fans are the greatest fans in the world. They made me, they made Undertaker, they made Stone Cold, they mae the Rock. They made Hulk Hogan.

(Crowd cheer and chant Hogan)

KANE: I don't care about a bunch of hasbeens. Tonight me and you in the ring, and I'll make sure that you hang up your boots for good.

Anthony7

Reaction score
1st show review

BM: Batista/Henry

WM: Taker/Dykstra

BP: Edge at the start

WP: all good

AC: Keep going good first show and you could be in the power 10 soon. Check out tna impact

Rating: 7/10

McLovin

Reaction score
Thanks Ant the 2nd Part of the 2nd Show will be up hopefully on Monday

Sorry I couldn't have all the graphics on the show as I'm having some difficulties with my computer...

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown, Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman at ringside and what a revelation we just heard.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: That's right Michael, tonight we will see "The Big Red Machine" Kane take on "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

MICHAEL COLE: Ric Flair's career lives on past Wrestlemania XXIV as he defeated Vince McMahon in a tremendous match. So the stipulation that the WWE Champion put on Ric Flair is gone.

JONATHAN COACHMAN:
Well last week on Smackdown, Deuce N Domino won the WWE Tag-Team Championships against John Morrison and The Miz.

The Major Brother's music plays and they come down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall, and is a No.1 Contendership Match for the WWE Tag-Team Championships. Introducing first, The Major Brothers.

MICHAEL COLE: Last week The Major Brothers split from Edge, meaning they can now focus on the WWE Tag-Team Championships.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I said it last week and I stick by my comments. Brian and Brett Major's decision last week could be the worst decision of their lives.

Jimmy Wang Yang's music plays and he and Shannon Moore come down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And introducing their opponents, Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore.

MICHAEL COLE: Its Smackdown's resident redneck!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: What is he?

MICHAEL COLE: Smackdown's Resident Re...

JONATHAN COACHMAN: No Michael. No!

The bell rings and Brian Major starts for The Major Brothers and Jimmy Wang Yang starts for his team. The two lock up and Brian puts Jimmy in a headlock, Jimmy slaps Brian's back for support and rolls Brian into the ropes, hitting a standing dropkick on one half of The Major Brothers. Brian gets up and resists to the turnbuckle rubbing one side of his face, after being hit with the dropkick. Wang Yang runs over to Brian, but misses the forearm. Brian repeatedly hits Wang Yang's head onto the turnbuckle. Brian brings Jimmy to the centre of the ring and kicks him in the mid-section and sets Wang Yang up for a Suplex. Brian hits the Suplex and goes for the pin. 1.....2..... Wang Yang kicks out and Brian picks up his opponent. Brian pulls the hair of Wang Yang and kicks him in the mid-section again. Brian tags to his partner Brett who goes to the top rope and hits an Axe Handle on Wang Yang. Brett hits repeated punches onto Wang Yang. Brett applies a Sleeperhold onto Wang Yang who steadily gets up and hits blows to Brett's mid-sections before making the tag to Shannon Moore. Shannon hits a knee to the back of Brett and a clothesline to Brian. Moore turns around and hits a vicious Enzuguri kick to Brett Major's head. Shannon goes for the pin. 1.....2..... Brett kicks out but quickly Jimmy Wang yang hits a Splash onto Brett Major. The referee forces Wang Yang out of the ring, while Brett and Brian switch places. Shannon turns around and goes over to Brian Major who applies a Schoolboy. 1.....2..... Shannon kicks out of the cover. Brian hits an Uppercut to Shannon and executes a Neckbreaker onto Moore. Brian goes onto the turnbuckle and misses a Moonsault. Moore slowly gets a tag to Wang Yang, while this is happening Brian and Brett switch places while the referee is focused on Moore's tag to Wang Yang. Jimmy Wang Yang goes onto the turnbuckle and misses a Shooting Star Press! Brett goes for the pin. 1.....2.....3!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Your winners of the match, The Major Brothers!

MICHAEL COLE: They stole it!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Calm down Michael, that is what makes a great tag-team.

MICHAEL COLE: The Major Brothers switched places and now have a shot at Deuce N Domino's Tag Championships.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Both teams are on a role on Smackdown, so whenever the match takes place, it is sure to be a good one!

MICHAEL COLE: When we return, Rey Mysterio will answer Finlay's challenge.

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

*A video package shows, highlighting Finlay and Rey Mysterio's Wrestlemania XXIV match and the events that took place last week*

Rey Mysterio's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

MICHAEL COLE: Here comes Rey Mysterio!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: But look at Mysterio, he looks scared.

MICHAEL COLE: How do you gather that John?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I can tell, once you've had as much ring experience as I've had.

MICHAEL COLE: Ring experience? Every single match you've had your ass kicked!

REY MYSTERIO: Its been very hard for Rey Mysterio these past few weeks. At Wrestlemania I lost to Finlay. But everyone has been saying to me, unlucky Rey, you'll win next time. But there may never be a nextime. Last week Finlay threatened to end my career if I agreed to a rematch. Well Finlay I've thought long and hard about your challenge. All I have to say is: I'd like to see you try you end my career!!!

MICHAEL COLE: Woah!

Finlay's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: How stupid is Rey Mysterio?

MICHAEL COLE: The heart of Rey Mysterio is phenomenal, he won't quit without a fight.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: And that talk is going to get you in trouble.

FINLAY: You don't believe me do you Rey? The amount of careers I have ended is more than the amount of masks you have at home. Don't think I'm going to let you badmouth me and let you get away with it. So do you accept my challenge?

REY MYSTERIO: I do accept your challenge Finlay, but on one condition.

FINLAY: And what's that?

REY MYSTERIO: You put your United States Championship on the line.

FINLAY: Deal, but I can assure you that this is the worst mistake of your life.

Rey Mysterio turns around and walks towards the ropes to exit the ring, Finlay runs after him but Rey dodges and Finlay lands on the second rope. Rey turns around and runs to the opposite ropes and goes for the 619. Finlay escapes just in time to avoid a 619.

MICHAEL COLE: Rey has accepted the challenge.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: You better cherish Rey Mysterio in the ring, because when he faces Finlay again, it'll be his last match.

MICHAEL COLE: Theodore Long is backstage with an important announcement regarding the Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay match.

THEODORE LONG: Thank you very much playa. Now 3 weeks from Sunday, at Backlash. Rey Mysterio will take on Finlay for the United States Championship. But next week Rey Mysterio and Finlay will choose each others opponents. And whoever gets the fastest time will choose the stipulation for the match. Hola hola hola!

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Gregory Helm's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall, introducing first Gregory Helms.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown and can you believe it John? Pick Your Poison returns next week.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Its such a great idea, I can't wait for next week.

Jamie Noble's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And introducing his opponent, Jamie Noble.

MICHAEL COLE: However the Cruiserweights are now back!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: I don't know about you Michael but I missed the Cruiserweights. I'm pleased that they are back.

The bell rings and Gregory Helms and Jamie Noble lock up, Helms gets Noble in a headlock. Noble throws Helms into the ropes, Noble hits a back elbow knocking Helms to the floor, Jamie goes for a Legdrop but Helms moves out of the way. Helms hits a hip toss on Noble and Noble replies with a Hip Toss. Both stare each other down as they get to their feet. Gregory shouts to the crowd: "That's what its all about!" Noble hits a dropkick, knocking Helms into the turnbuckle, Noble goes ontop of the turnbuckle and hits a Hurricanrana knocking Hems to the mat. Noble goes for the pin. 1.....2..... Helms kicks out and reverses Noble's headlock, Helms shoves Noble to the floor. Helms kicks Noble in the back and sests him in a sitting position. Helms hits another kick to Noble's back and then runs to the ropes and hits a dropkick in the face of Jamie Noble. Helms picks Noble up and sets Noble up for a Brainbuster, Helms holds Noble high in the air but Noble reverses and lands on his feet. Noble dodges Helms' attack and hits a spinning kick to the chest. Noble places Helms' head on the top rope. Noble goes to the top of the turnbuckle and misses an attempt at a Guillotine Legdrop. Noble lands inbetween the ropes as Helms throws Noble off the ropes and puts Nolbe on his knees. Helms hits a Shinning Wizard and goes for the pin. 1.....2.....3!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Your winner of the match, Gregory Helms!

MICHAEL COLE: The Cruiserweights have returned in style.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: What a great way to bring the Division back.

MICHAEL COLE: Josh Matthews is standing up on the entrance ramp with Gregory Helms.

JOSH MATTHEWS: Gregory Helms you just one a very hard thought match against Jamie Noble. How are you feeling?

GREGORY HELMS: How am I feeling? After utting my life on the line for those rotten fans ock and a wristwatch. I'm pretty pissed off! All these fans care about is the big stars. Batista, Undertaker, Rey MYsterio! Well that is going to change. Next week marks the beginning of a tournament to crown a new Cruiserweight Champion and if you thought that was amazing. You aint seen nothing yet!

MICHAEL COLE: Well a lot of frustration in Gregory Helms, he missed most of 2007, trying to make up for lost time.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Big announcement made though Michael. Next week marks the beginning of the Cruiserweight Tournament.

MICHAEL COLE: Who do you think is going to win?

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Its obvious Gregory Helms!

MICHAEL COLE: From the small guys to the big guys, last week saw one of the most horrific matches in Smackdown history. Take a look...

*A video package is shown, highlighting Batista vs. Mark Henry on last weeks Smackdown*

MICHAEL COLE: We are being joined by Mark Henry via satellite, Mark first and foremost, how are you feeling?

MARK HENRY: Michael, no one knows how long I'm going to be out for. Batista's challenge for a Hell In A Cell match at Backlash won't be happening. The doctors say I may be out for the rest of the year.

MICHAEL COLE: Tell me Mark, why did you attack Batista last January?

MARK HENRY: Batista, its pretty obvious, Im a mai.....

The satellite fades and the picture comes back with Batista in his lockerroom

BATISTA: Mark Henry you fat son of a bitch. You better be at Backlash or the first day you come back from that little scratch will be the last day anyone sees Mark Henry.

The satellite picture comes back and Mark henry is sitting down.

MARK HENRY: Batista, why don't you ask Theodore Long if the match will be taking place?

The satellite fades out and Batista in his lockerroom with Theodore Long standing outside the door.

THEODORE LONG: Batista, there's something I need to tell you about this Hell In A Cell match.

Batista runs after Theodore Long and the picture fades away.

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Kane's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: This contest is set for one fall, introducing first. "The Big Red Machine" Kane.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown. And right now it's not good to be Theodore Long.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: This rage of Batista has to stop though.

MICHAEL COLE: Well rage is an understatement for this man. Kane coming down to the ring and he'll be taking on Ric Flair in our main-event.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: We've seen a different side from kane in the past few weeks and I think it could be for the better.

Ric Flair's music plays and he comes down to the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And introducing his opponent, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

MICHAEL COLE: Here comes the 16-time World Champion.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Well Ric may have won more World Titles, but there is no doubt that Kane has caused the most destruction.

MICHAEL COLE: Can't argue with that John.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: You should agree with me more often.

The bell rings and Ric Flair goes straight after Kane trying to knock Kane to the floor with a series of chops, but none knocking Kane down. Flair chops until Kane is at the turnbuckle, Kane pushes Flair to the floor and goes after The Nature Boy. Kane picks up Flair and rolls him to the turnbuckle. Quickly Kane runs to the turnbuckle and hits a hard clothesline. Kane not satisfied runs to the turnbuckle again but Flair knocks Kane down with a chop. Flair goes to the second rope and hits a knee drop to Kane's head. Flair hits elbows to Kane's head. Flair crouches down at the turnbuckle while Kane gests up. Flair runs to Kane and hits a choblock on The Big Red Machine. Flair tries another series of choblocks to knock Kane to his kness but Kane stays up. Flair hits a dropkick on Kane's leg, finally forcing him to his knees. Flair goes for a knee to Kane's head but Kane gets a hand on Flair's throat and hits a Chokeslam on Flair. Kane goes for the pin. 1.....2..... Flair kicks out. Kane picks up Flair and hits a series of Sidewalk Slam's on Flair. Kane goes to the turnbuckle to go for a Clothesline but midway in the move, Flair hits a choblock on Kane's leg. Flair goes for Kane's legs and twists them around but Kane kicks Flair off. Kane gets to his feet and symbolises he is going for a Chokeslam. The lights go off in the arena as the gong of The Undertaker's music plays and the lights come back on. Undertaker is at the entrance ramp, Kane's attention is on Undertaker, so Flair rolls up Kane for a pin. 1.....2.....3!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: And your winner of the match, Ric Flair!

MICHAEL COLE: Flair wins!

JONATHAN COACHMAN: Only from the interference of Ric Flair though.

RIC FLAIR: Undertaker, its time we finally meet!

3871766.jpg

APRIL 18, 2008

As we near ever closer to Backlash, Smackdown becomes more exciting show after show.

The tournament to crown a new Cruiserweight Champion begins on the show, after Gregory Helms announced that the division would be returning and earning the fans applause.

Also just over 2 weeks from Finlay and Rey Mysterio's United States Championship match at Backlash, both will choose their opponents opponent in Pick Your Poison matches. But whoever wins in the fastest time will get to name the stipluation for the match.

Also Batista looks to exact revenge on Theodore Long for promising him a Hell In A Cell match against Mark Henry.

Another edition of the Cutting Edge, this weeks guest is "The Big Red Machine" Kane.

Plus, Smackdown fans were left stunned by the words of "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair to The Undertaker, what does Ric Flair mean by: its time we finally meet?

Catch this and much more on a new edition of Friday Night Smackdown!

I don't have much going this weekend so I may be posting TWO shows by Sunday. So keep your eyes open as Smackdown gets even closer to Backlash

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

uneeded bump. not a news preview, in my opinion. look at the btb longue, and you will see that this is what i hate. its not like your show is running late

Anthony7

Reaction score
2nd show review

BM: ME great match, one of the best i've read

WM: batista v cassidy and johnny

BP: baitista at the start of the show

WP: not a bad one in there

AC: Great show but you could use more colours and I think you should stop using jobber matches all the time. Check out my BTB TNA it's on the second page, preview for second show is up!

Raiting: 8/10