Slammiversary Discussion Thread - June 12th *spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

All Sony did was improve graphics and throw in a useless blue-ray drive to "improve" the cost making it higher.

Well no shit. They have to improve graphics or no one would buy it. It would basically be the same as the PS2. And they didnt just "throw in" a blue ray player to make the cost higher. In case you havent noticed, a PS3 60GB version costs 600 bucks.......and o by the way, thats w/ a blue ray. Just a regular blue ray player itself costs 1000 bucks. Now please tell me the PS3 is overpriced......

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^^its over priced and there is no 120 gb version legally through sony, Also there are no good games out exlusive to the system and the games that they have load slow as hell i have fight night for both and i only play it on my 360 cuz the ps3s load times are horrible.

So far i use my ps3 as a dust collector and a internet browser

PeepShow

^^^^its over priced and there is no 120 gb version legally through sony, Also there are no good games out exlusive to the system and the games that they have load slow as hell i have fight night for both and i only play it on my 360 cuz the ps3s load times are horrible.

No good games?? Ummm lets see......Resistance, Call of Duty 3, Oblivion, Splinter Cell:Las Vegas. Those are some pretty good games. And the loading screens are fast as hell. IDK what youre talking about, but the longest load ive ever had w/ a PS3 game has been like 5 seconds

Kassidy

Reaction score
No good games?? Ummm lets see......Resistance, Call of Duty 3, Oblivion, Splinter Cell:Las Vegas. Those are some pretty good games. And the loading screens are fast as hell. IDK what youre talking about, but the longest load ive ever had w/ a PS3 game has been like 5 seconds

Splinter Cell:Las Vegas doesnt exsit just searched it on ign. Call of duty is out on all systems and Resistance is the only game on that list that is a exclusive and it was short as hell beat it in 2 days and returned it cuz the online play suck imo. and idk what ps3 you have but mine i have wait a least 1 min while making a fighter just for his hair to load.

PeepShow

LOL, I meant to say Rainbow Six, not Spinter Cell. I had Splinter Cell on my mind I guess.

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^ but yea like i said not a exclusive i could get it on my 360 and i do. Idk if its cuz I have a original ps3 maybe thats y mine is slow but yea I still waiting for a reason to have it in my room. So far im only looking at bioshock, only reason i got it the first time was Assassin's Creed but now its coming out for the 360 and Im still inching for that game they better not push the date back again. Also the fact they cancelled svr 07 for the ps3 so that was a mistake so they have had 2 years to make svr 08 for the ps3 it better be amazing

Kassidy

Reaction score
ok
1. gfx
2. xbox live. by far the best online gaming but can also be used for watching tv shows, movies, updates on games, downloadable demos & arcade games
3. its completely customize-able with faceplates, gel stickers, and it's interface can have themes
4. besides beating a game it gives you achievements to keep you playing the games
5. webcam & mic can keep friends close
6. lastly and just added through a update msn instant messenger

now that's only what i can think of so y don't u give me a list for the ps3

This Guy

I had a customer trade in his 20 gig ps3 the other day...he put it towards the 60 gig....I didn't have the heart to tell him he could just buy a new 60gig harddrive and replace it for less.

I'll be honest I agree with the 360 people, Resistance is the only PS3 exclusive title with any degree of intrest. Everything else listed is already and had been available on the 360 long before. I also will fully admit to being very anti Playstation in genreal. PSone was just a machine that they dumped a crap load of games on most of which sucked (very few gems on it). PS2 game quality was a huge improvement but the system just didn't feel like a next gen system compared to the X-Box, when N64, Gamecube, X-Box and Dreamcast all gave you 4 cont ports and X-Box even a harddrive and PS2 still was on the memory cards and multi-tap kick. PSP is graphically the best hand held on the market, but doesn't offer anything creatively different game wise and was as confessed by sony themselves a test to see if UMD Movies could take over DVD as the standard format. With all that said, I actually like the PS3 as a gamer. As a developer they will tell you its a bitch to program for, but as a gamer not so much now, but in a couple years PS3 could have the most gorgous looking games. They have the potential to build it up. There are downsides to it. More then there should be, but one thing I would say Sony has done extremely well is it has the lowest defective rate of any Sony Game System ever. It also has a lower defective rate then X-Box 360 (though thank god 360 finally got most of that finally figured out too) All in all I'd say no matter what your prefrence, its an exciting time to be a gamer.

MasterEvc

Reaction score
Well no shit. They have to improve graphics or no one would buy it. It would basically be the same as the PS2. And they didnt just "throw in" a blue ray player to make the cost higher. In case you havent noticed, a PS3 60GB version costs 600 bucks.......and o by the way, thats w/ a blue ray. Just a regular blue ray player itself costs 1000 bucks. Now please tell me the PS3 is overpriced......

Just because its Sony and they lie and cheat customers and copy from competitors, I hope the PS3 flops, Blue-Ray flops, and they go out of business. It wont happen but its wishful thinking.

Give it time, Blue ray players, if they catch on, will drop in price, faster then the POS3 will. Look how long it took Sony to drop the price of the PS2.

Oh and Blue-Ray players arent $1000 bucks, here is a Sony BR player for $500

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...84588/catOid/-16221/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

If they just used a DVD drive, the price of the POS3 could probably be $200 less then what it is, then it would sell more. I see them on shelves at stores here, but I cant find a Wii anywhere and 360's are selling a lot better then PS3 is. Also the PS2 is still overpriced, its old and outdated, yet they still charge $100 or more. They should bring that price down to like $70 or something.

PS3 has the lower defective rate because they arent selling as many as they thought they would. $600 for a system and no games is a bit steep. You could buy a 360, and 3-4 games for just the price of a PS3 alone. Or get a Wii, and like 6-8 games for it just for the price of a PS3.

Now as for games, the PS3 has only 1 exclusive that looks interesting, and thats Resistance. Ive heard rumors of Metal Gear and FF coming to the 360, just like GTAIV already is.

As Kassidy already said, the 360 has so many good things coming and already here. Achievements make you keep playing the game to try to get them all. Graphics are amazing. XBL is one amazing network, games, demos, movies, tv shows, arcade games, game updates, themes, gamerpics, movie previews, etc. There are so many good games in the XBL Arcade.

PDr0

Reaction score
the playstation 3 sucks! the wii is better!

Reaction score
Wii owns in my opinion , i have one and they rule
I have respect for the 360 and i do like the console
But ps3 nah. Just dosent do the job for me.

King_Ash

Reaction score
The Wii is absolute shit, I have one and it sucks big time. Sure its fun but you cannot play it for very long without getting tired or bored. I like the PS3 for 3 reasons:

1. Always have been a PlayStation fan.
2. Visually the console/graphics looks better then everything else
3. Online play is better then Xbox Live because its FREE! (Nothing better then playing Fight Night Round 3 online)