Slammiversary Discussion Thread - June 12th *spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ewcprez

Reaction score
PlayStation 3

Hey!

Just wondering who here has a PS3?

I have had one for just over 3 weeks and I love it so far. I wanted to compare games and see if maybe we could hook up a Madden 07 online game here...

Let me know

King_Ash

Reaction score
Australia gets it this Friday. Unfortunatly I have no money so I might have to put it on my CC, which I really hate doing.

KassidyX

Reaction score
I have one, its not as good as the 360 imo i only have virtual fight and i have played fight night. Fight night took forever to load on the ps3 and they didnt have some of the things that the 360 version had so im sticking with my 360 until the ps3 has exlusive titles worth buying.

The Ripper

Reaction score
i havent got 1 and i plan on not getting 1.

yeah the graphic are good, but the 360 has graphics just as good is smaller in size(ps3 is huge) and 360 costs less for console and games.

i think i know which 1 sounds better 2 me

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
yea... i LOVE my 360...ussually i pick up every console that hits markets but the 360 is actually good enough for me not to want to try PS3...plus i heard all this crap about 360 freezing to much..wen ps3 has frozen for my friends alot and me...not once in a year

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I got the PS3 the day It was realised in UK. I Have Virtua Fighter for It, and I think the graphics for the game are amazing. I just wonder how the graphics will be like for SD Vs RAW 08. Dont get me wrong, the 360 is shit hot as i have got one and I always play sdvs raw 07.

the dark knight

PS3 is better than x360 . all microsoft did is improve GFX :S . what did sony do ? IMPROVE EVERYTHING . now thats what i call a next gen console .

This Guy

I'm sorry what did sony improve? Besides gfx, I don't think they improved anything either...all new game systems are is improved gfx of the previous system. I'm not knocking PS3, but to say that they improved everything and 360 improved nothing but gfx? thats a huge stretch.

King_Ash

Reaction score
The PS3 is good, the load times are alot better for Blu-Ray and PS2 games. I absolutly love the PS3 now that I got one, its everything I expected.

THE MAFIA KING

Reaction score
my ps2 just stopped working and its at the shop and i whant the 360 and now i whant sense today the psp its cool so yeb

Wrestling Station

PS3 now loads faster than before, and has its own hard-disk space (60GB, and the upgraded one is 120GB).

Can play DivX formats.

Ofcourse the GFX improved alot, and much smoother clips.

This Guy

okay, yeah the processor is faster then PS2..but 360's is faster then orig X-Box. gfx were improved on both from last gen to next, hard drive is not a next gen improvement though for PS3. X-Box had a harddrive already. yeah its bigger, but that doesn't make it next gen. Harddrives are last generation. I mean if were saying because they have a big harddrive then X-box 360's going from an 8 gig to a 20 gig is a next gen improvement too, so there is nothing that PS3 didn't improve on over PS2 that 360 didn't improve on over X-Box. That was my point.

Think about it this way. PS3 has wi-fi built in. Definatly a plus. And some consider blu-ray a plus. But other then that what does PS3 have that is so next gen? A Harddrive? Nope. Those have been around since the first computers and the original X-Box had one in its game system first. The 6 Axis controller? Nope, Nintendo was playing around with Gyroscopes in its devices since Kirby Tilt n Tumble for the Gameboy Color, and prior to that Microsoft played around with the idea in there side winder PC Controllers. So what makes the PS3 so next gen. There processor isn't actually any better or faster then the 360 its just the way they are used. 360 uses 4 in the traditional manor which is that they work quickly together to do one task at a time. Sony uses there 7 processors to do one task each. Does this mean it loads faster? Yes, but not because of the way the processors are used. A test by an independent company proved that. the 7 processors used in the traditional scense loaded just as fast as they do in the Sony set up. The reason PS3 loads a little faster is because its got 7 processors instead of 4. But the reason why your not seeing games come out as quickly on PS3 is because the unique set up of the processors makes it extremely difficult to program for. If they had set it up the regular set up and still used 7, they'd get the same performance and a much easier system to program for.

Here are some facts to keep in mind. If you look at overall sales. The system that has always been the weakest hardware spec wise and the one that came out first always wins the overall sales war in every generation.

Playstation 2 was the weakest hardware between X-Box, Gamecube and itself and it came out a year before and it won.

Playstation was the weakest hardware between itself and Nintendo 64 (sony's only up in this was CD over cartrige other then that 64 was more powerful), came out a year earlier...it won.

Sega Genesis was weaker hardware and came out quite a few years before Super NES and it won. (though SNES killed Genesis head to head)

So the question is, who will win this year. By the weaker hardware specs in is Nintendo Wii, and is currently the best selling system world wide head to head to head, and is gaining ground in overall sales. The 360 came out a year earlier and is currently the best selling system overall. Playstation 3 isn't even in the running head to head to head or overall. So for the first time the pattern will be broken, but one thing seems to be sure. The last system to come out and the most powerful one hardware spec wise seems to be keeping its losing streak alive so far.

King_Ash

Reaction score
The Nintendo Wii will win this year, if you are compairing sales after all consoles are released to the world, as the Wii has the highest demand right now. I find alot of people only got the Xbox was for Halo. The thing with PS3 is as powerful as it is there isnt many limits of what can be done to it. With Xbox you dont even have HD-DVD or Blu-Ray so what are you stuck with? 4.7GB size games which 3/4 goes to the gameplay & then engine, which leaves you with only about 1GB to create some graphics... with Blu-Ray Sony has 25GB to make a fuckin game... Now to me that tells me that the gameplay is going to be longer, and even if you split the size of the disk in half thats 12.5GB which is an amazing ammount of space. With PS3 game developers are not limited into what they can create as they dont have a 4.7GB limit on the DVD, maybe 9GB if its dual-layer or something... but even still you have the Blu-Ray dual-layer disk, thats 50... I repeat 50 FUCKIN GIGS to make a fuckin game... That is one reason why PS3 has to be as powerful as it is, you try getting the 360 to read a 25 or 50GB disk and have amazing performance.... I dont think that will happen. And right now I think the only reason why people buy the 360 over the PS3 is because its alot cheaper. But anyway, are we going to have to wait before Xbox actually has High Def games or what... cause PS3 is already there.

This Guy

360 games are dual layer discs, but the average game actually only takes up 3 gigs. Oh and by the way 360 already had high def games. many of which support 1080p. How many ps3 titles are 1080p...not as many as there should be for the "true hd machine" The thing that pisses me off about the ps3 is if I was to watch a blu-ray movie, but didn't have a 1080p tv, it downgrades my image quality all the way to 480p. Even if I have a 1080i. 360 always goes in the best image the game and tv will support. This include HD-DVD movies if you have the HD-DVD player add on.

And working in a video game store I can tell you, most people buy the 360 not because its cheaper, but because they just aren't impressed with the PS3 when they actually see it running side by side to the 360. Most people are going to pay more money for the Elite 360 when it comes out which is a lot closer to the price of PS3. Most 360 customers spend a crap load of money above the price of what they would have paid for a PS3 buying extra controllers rechargable battieries, chargers, etc. price may have been the original thing that scared people off, but believe me, price is not a problem anymore. Especially with trade in deals that can get you one as cheap as $200 Canadian. People still trade there crap in and get a 360 instead.