Slammiversary Discussion Thread - June 12th *spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

the graphics on the PS3 only look better compared to 360 when PS3 is displayed at his max. resolution. Most don't have that and therefore when hooked up to the same model tv more often then not 360 looks better, but then again I had idiots who tried to tell me psone graphics looked better then 360, so who cares.

Um, I won't start an online debate with you, since the online for PS3 although free doesn't offer you the scense of comunity and networking that the 360 offeres, though the PS3 online is leaps and bounds better then the PS2.

What I do want to add to this thread though was, although I have never really been a sony fan, and although I confess that I believe that the PS3 was the best thought out and most reliabley built system sony has ever produced, I still have no desire to buy one....however if someone was to give me one I'm sure there will be a game or 2 that will only be on PS3 that I won't be able to play without one. So again, if someone wants to buy me a PS3 I'm totally cool with that :) oh and I entered to win a limited edition red PS3....again, cause if its free, why not :)

Reaction score
I have a 360 and a Wii. I cant believe anyone could think the Wii is better. The control system is great but its not half the console the 360 is. Wii is next gen control system but its last gen graphics and last gen online system. Infact last gen online would be generous it barely is online. The Wii is nothing more than a party game you get out for 30 mins when you have your mates over.

Of course this thread is about Ps3 so I should comment. I have played one and I was impressed, the graphics seemed better than 360 but it was on a HD tv and I dont have one yet for my 360. Frankly though the future releases for 360 look better imo. I will get one im sure but not at 500 quid. I hear its online system isnt as good as 360 either.

King_Ash

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah well, I have a Wii and PS3 aswell, and the PS3 is just so much better. Although I am still waiting to get a Xbox360 so I can complete the next gen console set but wont be for awhile untill I get bored with PS3, which right now wont be anytime soon.

This Guy

Ninja Gaiden coming out on July 3rd, looks pretty. I've seen the final version now up and running. I know its just an updated remake of the two on X-Box, but they were sweet games. Its a shame they canceled the remake for the 360 as well. Oh well the good news is the next NEW Ninja Gaiden story game is coming out on both platforms. I can't wait.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Confirmed card.

slam1.jpg

slamm2.jpg

slamm2aa.jpg

slamm2ab.jpg

slamm2b.jpg

slamm3.jpg

slamm4.jpg

slamm5.jpg

------------

- The current storyline for Beer Money is that James Storm will have to find a new tag team partner for their Tag Team Title defense at the Slammiversary pay-per-view since Robert Roode was injured after an attack from Immortal on last week's show.
Hmmmm, I wonder who Storm is going to pick? :side:

I have zero interest in Anderson/Sting just like 99% of other TNA main events, all those guys bore me. I'm glad that Angle/Jarrett is finally ending so hopefully it's a great match and Kurt comes out ontop. Love/James should be decent if it was anything like their iMPACT match. Joe/Crimson I actually don't mind the look of either considering the streak thing they're doing with Crimson. Morgan/Steiner shouldn't be the worst either. So far, so good.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They have handled Jarrett/Kurt very well so I'm fine with this being their final battle. Seeing AMW together again will be cool, and Angelina/Mickie might be solid but I think that will be all the interest I got in this PPV. I don't I just find myself not being into Anderson at all.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
I've enjoyed the Sting/Anderson feud thus far and I'm not a big Sting fan. Angle/Jarrett tends to always deliver, but I am glad it's going to finally end. I think Angelina will pick up the KO Title and drop it to Velvet Sky down the line, I'm hoping that isn't the case however. Joe/Crimson, Steiner/Morgan are whatever. Crimson seems okay so him vs. Joe could deliver. AMW are one of my favourite tag teams of all time, so I'd absolutely love to see them team up once again.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
After the tapings, the updated card is (spoilers obviously) -

Samoa Joe vs. Crimson
Matt Morgan vs. Scott Steiner
Falls Count Anywhere: Bully Ray vs. AJ Styles
Number One Contender's Match: Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett
TNA Knockouts Title Match: Mickie James © vs. Angelina Love
TNA Tag Team Title Match: James Storm & Alex Shelley © vs. The British Invasion
TNA World Title Match: Sting © vs. Ken Anderson

Looks like it'll be hit or miss. More likely miss, but whatever.

I never thought I'd miss the KOTM concept, but I actually kind of do. Would have been a perfect time to use it, Sting/Anderson/Ray/Styles/RVD.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video=youtube;y9oq4gBnI-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9oq4gBnI-M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

That's the video they will be using to open the PPV and I actually thought it was a really good recap. Card has been updated aswell and i'm quietly optimistic that this could turn out to be a decent PPV. Anyone else watching?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i have to give TNA credit that video package is awesome.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
It's actually shaped up alright. I know a lot of people are down on it, but I really enjoy Abyss as X-Division Champion for some reason and I think the 3-way with him, Kendrick and Kazarian could actually steal the show if given time. As for the rest, we'll have to wait and see.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
For some reason thinking Ray vs AJ will be a good match and Angle/Jeff probably will get the most time to try and be a great match. I'll be watching with low expectations

Kairi

Reaction score
will be watching.

am actually interested in angle/jarrett since it's ending

Ben

Reaction score
This actually seems like a decent card, so I'll be watching. Was really hoping KOTM was coming back this year, one of my favorite TNA matches. Would be nice to see Sting loose the belt and move on to another feud. Guy just can't go in the ring anymore, and the last few title matches have been pretty horrible.