Slammiversary Discussion Thread - June 12th *spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

1. PS3 :its at its best now and i'd still prefer ps3 over it .FAAAAAAAAAAAR better controller + 120 gb hd + wi fi + blu ray + everything u could expect from a game console . just wait for some games

2. Wii : i like the wii mote thing :D . has some good games and its so cheap

3. x360 : without gears of war i wouldnt even touched it . ugly console + spaceship controller

dont say anything about prices . if u would upgrade the 360 to ps3's level u'll pay more money .

This Guy

ps3 only has a 60 gig harddrive. not 120. and PS3 is not even close to its best. Saying it is would be selling it short. None of the companies have even come close to tapping the full potential of there systems and probably won't as always till near the end of there runs.

the dark knight

u can upgrade the ps3's hd to 120 . and u cant say 360 is better for one big reason : IT WAS RELEASED A YEAR EARLIER . but i agree about
tapping the full potential of there systems and probably won't as always till near the end of there runs.

Wrestling Station

ps3 only has a 60 gig harddrive. not 120. and PS3 is not even close to its best. Saying it is would be selling it short. None of the companies have even come close to tapping the full potential of there systems and probably won't as always till near the end of there runs.

PS3 are available in two versions:

1- 60 GBs HD
2- 120GBs HD (this one is around 150 dollars more expensive than the 60GBs one depending on where you're living).

You can also buy the 60Gbs HD and upgrade it to 120GBs.

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ how wrong you are, First i wanna say ur stupid for arguing with a guy who works in the gaming world and will always know more than u will ever.

this is right off of playstation.com

Hard Disk Drive (HDD)

The PLAYSTATION®3 comes with either a 20GB or 60GB removable hard disk drive (HDD).

No 120 gb so shut up about that

The 120 gb hdd is coming out with the new Elite Xbox 360... and i would take my wii and 360 over the ps3. I have all three and the same game on all three and after updates that take forever it still takes a longer load time btw everything compared to the 360 and wii.

This Guy

u can upgrade the ps3's hd to 120 . and u cant say 360 is better for one big reason : IT WAS RELEASED A YEAR EARLIER .

PS3 are available in two versions:

1- 60 GBs HD
2- 120GBs HD (this one is around 150 dollars more expensive than the 60GBs one depending on where you're living).

You can also buy the 60Gbs HD and upgrade it to 120GBs.

^^^ how wrong you are, First i wanna say ur stupid for arguing with a guy who works in the gaming world and will always know more than u will ever.

Hard Disk Drive (HDD)

The PLAYSTATION®3 comes with either a 20GB or 60GB removable hard disk drive (HDD).

The 120 gb hdd is coming out with the new Elite Xbox 360... and i would take my wii and 360 over the ps3. I have all three and the same game on all three and after updates that take forever it still takes a longer load time btw everything compared to the 360 and wii.

As RKO Mania aka Kassidy Mentioned (why he's using his RKO Mania account again when his Kassidy account works I'm not sure), Please don't try to tell me the PS3 comes in a 60 and 120 gig version. I work and manage an EB Games store, I think I know better then you what its available in. It was a 20 & a 60 gig HDD. The 20 has also been discontinued now and the 60 gig is the only version. Yes I'm sure PS3 will come out eventually with a larger HDD, just as X-Box is for the 360 (and always planned to). May 5th, Microsoft will release the Elite 360 bundle which will come with the 120 gig HDD instead of a 20. However next week the 120gig HDD will be released for current owners who want to upgrade. Sony still has made no official announcement about if or when any upgradable HDD will be available for PS3. Oh and Dark Knight just because it came out first doesn't mean its the worst, as I already showed earlier, the first system usually wins the system wars. Not saying it will, but I can't give PS3's away right now even with are trade up deals that makes it as cheap as $199.99 with a game for the 60gig PS3. 360's fly off the shelf almost as quick as the Wii's do. can that many people really be wrong?

Wrestling Station

As RKO Mania aka Kassidy Mentioned (why he's using his RKO Mania account again when his Kassidy account works I'm not sure), Please don't try to tell me the PS3 comes in a 60 and 120 gig version. I work and manage an EB Games store, I think I know better then you what its available in. It was a 20 & a 60 gig HDD. The 20 has also been discontinued now and the 60 gig is the only version. Yes I'm sure PS3 will come out eventually with a larger HDD, just as X-Box is for the 360 (and always planned to). May 5th, Microsoft will release the Elite 360 bundle which will come with the 120 gig HDD instead of a 20. However next week the 120gig HDD will be released for current owners who want to upgrade. Sony still has made no official announcement about if or when any upgradable HDD will be available for PS3. Oh and Dark Knight just because it came out first doesn't mean its the worst, as I already showed earlier, the first system usually wins the system wars. Not saying it will, but I can't give PS3's away right now even with are trade up deals that makes it as cheap as $199.99 with a game for the 60gig PS3. 360's fly off the shelf almost as quick as the Wii's do. can that many people really be wrong?

I saw the PS3 version of 120GBs HD in Virgin Megastores!! I saw it there! so im 100% sure about what i said dude.

RKO Mania said:

Hard Disk Drive (HDD)

You dunno how to argue in good manners. Respect yourself!

Kassidy

Reaction score
I saw the PS3 version of 120GBs HD in Virgin Megastores!! I saw it there! so im 100% sure about what i said dude.

You dunno how to argue in good manners. Respect yourself!

Right..... then go back and i know u dont have the money to buy it cuz the 60 gig version was 600 which is the one i got so how about you take a picture of it.

from IGN.com More proof that you are wrong

Sony Upgrading PS3 Hard Drive?
The 60GB model may not be alone for long.
by Daemon Hatfield

April 16, 2007 - Sony recently announced it is discontinuing the 20GB model of the PlayStation 3 in North America, leaving the 60GB version the only SKU available for the console. But a spokesman for the company recently revealed that Sony is considering releasing a new model with an even larger hard drive.

Speaking to Bloomberg recently, Sony representative Satoshi Fukuoka said the company is mulling over the idea of increasing the PS3's hard drive, but didn't provide any details. At the end of March, GamesIndustry reported on an FCC filing that revealed Sony may be planning an 80GB model.

With the imminent release of the Xbox 360 Elite, the PS3 stands to be out gigged by 60GB (the Elite comes with a 120GB hard drive). It only makes sense that Sony would be making plans to remain competitive with Microsoft.

So yea the PS3 doesnt and wont have a 120 gig it may come out with a 80 gig and even with a 120 gig hdd the Xbox 360 is still cheaper

the dark knight

^^u STFU . u can upgrade the hd to 120 . not everything is official mate . hell, i buy PS2 games for 5$ and my friend buys wii games for 12$ .

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^u STFU . u can upgrade the hd to 120 . not everything is official mate . hell, i buy PS2 games for 5$ and my friend buys wii games for 12$ .

Dont get your panties in a bunch and Actually things are oficial MATE! so you can STFU. go playstation.com ign.com go to gamestop and they will tell you there is no PS3 with a 120 gb hdd.

when one of you ignorant people post proof that there is a 120 gb hdd then ill consider believing untill then ur word means nothing and your

wrong wrong wrong wrong (pause) wrong wrong wrong wrong(pause) YOUR WRONG

lol best line from doc. coxs from scrubs

Wrestling Station

Right..... then go back and i know u dont have the money to buy it cuz the 60 gig version was 600 which is the one i got so how about you take a picture of it.
How you know i have or dont have money to afford it?

Im a medical professional, i earn more than you can even think of dude. So keep your WRONG thoughts to yourself in this case.

King_Ash

Reaction score
The PS3 HDD can be exchanged with ANY 2.5 SATA2 HDD by the way.

This Guy

So could the original X-Box Harddrive be replaced too, that didn't make it legal or an official product of Microsoft. Were not talking about what is better if you modify it illigally, were talking which is better out of the box, with the current games on the market.

Oh and Wrestling Station, you saw wrong, there is no Official PS3 with 120 gigs. The only version of the PS3 on the market is the 60gig system. End of story.

Oh another reason why X-Box 360 is better for all you backwards compatible nuts. Yeah 360 due to Major Graphics Card Hardware changes (which by the way is another updgrade you people pass off as, the gfx are a little better) the original xbox games programed specifiaclly for the Nividia card that was in the original x-box made the 360 which uses a new better top of the line ATI card was not compatible except through patch emulator downloads. So its not 100% backwards compatible. Your probably saying, yeah but PS3 is completely backwards compatible with PS2 no downloads required. Well your wrong there was one download needed as it turned out 200 PS2 games didn't work on PS3 out of the box. Sure they fixed that problem, but guess what? Sony has recently removed PS2 backwards compatibility from the European PS3 systems. And they are going to do so in North America and Asia as well. So if you want your PS2 backwards compatibilty get your PS3 now while you still can.

MasterEvc

Reaction score
PS3 is better than x360 . all microsoft did is improve GFX :S . what did sony do ? IMPROVE EVERYTHING . now thats what i call a next gen console .

All Sony did was improve graphics and throw in a useless blue-ray drive to "improve" the cost making it higher.

Sony ripped off XBL with their online they have. They ripped Nintendo with motion sensing, only Nintendo did it tons better and their system is cheaper and outselling the POS3 by a longshot.

Cant Sony come up with something on their own?

Sorry to bump an old topic but there is still plenty to debate ;)

Kassidy

Reaction score
All Sony did was improve graphics and throw in a useless blue-ray drive to "improve" the cost making it higher.

Sony ripped off XBL with their online they have. They ripped Nintendo with motion sensing, only Nintendo did it tons better and their system is cheaper and outselling the POS3 by a longshot.

Cant Sony come up with something on their own?

Sorry to bump an old topic but there is still plenty to debate ;)

More good points :)