Should The IC & US Title Be Unified?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BB

Reaction score
I don't see the point in unifying yet another two belts. WWE's roster is huge and having less belts will just be mayhem. Also, I think the Intercontinental Championship has a very special history and if you unify it with another belt or totally replace it will lose its importance. Sometimes the fans, especially the newer fans forget how important the intercontinental Championship has been in the careers of their favourite wrestlers.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't see the point in unifying yet another two belts. WWE's roster is huge and having less belts will just be mayhem. Also, I think the Intercontinental Championship has a very special history and if you unify it with another belt or totally replace it will lose its importance. Sometimes the fans, especially the newer fans forget how important the intercontinental Championship has been in the careers of their favourite wrestlers.

IC Title has technically been unified with the European and Hardcore Titles already. I'm all for two midcard belts with one major title but if you can't book them successfully and we end up with guys like Dean defending their titles once every 6 months, then unify the shit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
More belts don't get anyone over, special talents get the belt over. Keep it simple, a division of ten guys is better than adivision of three.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
My main issue is that neither title is distinguishable from the other. Atleast with the gimmick concepts like TV, Pure, Lightweight, Hardcore etc., is they are offering something clearly different. At this point the IC has been devalued beyond belief, because they don't want to throw away "Murica's Belt"

endicotton

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
They should just drop the US title and bring back the European championship to be honest... damn racist if you ask me taking out Euro title away and bringing U.S. 1 back :( lol

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
My main issue is that neither title is distinguishable from the other. Atleast with the gimmick concepts like TV, Pure, Lightweight, Hardcore etc., is they are offering something clearly different. At this point the IC has been devalued beyond belief, because they don't want to throw away "Murica's Belt"

This is a good point, the problem is WWE never really those belts seriously. At least with the Euro belt it was part of some major feuds and at least felt fresh for the first few years.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
European title was a joke after Bulldog lost it to HBK, and never got anyone over by itself, had to the Eurocontinental champion before you meant anything.

Joe made that Pure title, and it wasn't shit after it, TV title was Tully and Arn and didn't mean shit after it, lightweight and hardcore were jokes on it's inception.

How hard is it just to keep it simple and say "hey! this guy is the IC champion, he is on his way to being a big player." Too many titles watered down the shit so much the only thing left of significance belongs to Taker at Mania. Get rid of excess titles, it's proven to not help anyone.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
European title was a joke after Bulldog lost it to HBK, and never got anyone over by itself, had to the Eurocontinental champion before you meant anything.

Joe made that Pure title, and it wasn't shit after it, TV title was Tully and Arn and didn't mean shit after it, lightweight and hardcore were jokes on it's inception.

How hard is it just to keep it simple and say "hey! this guy is the IC champion, he is on his way to being a big player." Too many titles watered down the shit so much the only thing left of significance belongs to Taker at Mania. Get rid of excess titles, it's proven to not help anyone.

Of course, but when WWE introduced the European title it only had one world title, the IC Title and tag titles, so it could have worked if they kept it on a unique theme which they didn't.

Problem with the hardcore title was it was only really going to get over if they went really extreme with it which for some reason they didn't want to do. Same with Crusierweights they needed to book that division like WCW did for it to really work.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Problem with the hardcore title was it was only really going to get over if they went really extreme with it which for some reason they didn't want to do.

For some reason? I'm sure the talent wasn't big on using glass and nail guns on each other so that's probably it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
For some reason? I'm sure the talent wasn't big on using glass and nail guns on each other so that's probably it.

Not saying I disagree with them not going to the extreme, but then maybe they shouldn't have created the division in the first place. My point being that for it to truly work it had to feel different and have its own theme.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hardcore was nothing but a joke.

Watch light heavyweight tournament to see how much wwe fans cared about cruiserweight action.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler