Seth Rollins is the wrong choice.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
He has no charisma and an annoying voice. The ratings for this week's RAW were dreadful and he was partially to blame.

If he beats Brock at Mania then WWE will have made the wrong move. He has no potential to become a major drawing card. It will be Daniel Bryan all over again.

WWE needs to find the next Batista, Cena or Goldberg.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Seth is one of few wrestlers I actually like. He has plenty of skill and charisma. It is the booking that is the problem as well as the scripts.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
It isn't the booking. He's just bland and has a weird voice. He just doesn't have the presence to be a major draw. Being good in the ring will only take you so far.

He's an internet darling. But he'll never attract the casual audience in the same way.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
First off, stating that Seth Rollins has no charisma I feel is simply unfair. Whether anyone loves or hates the guy, I think very few can deny his in ring talent, his skills or the work ethic. Furthermore, considering he was part of arguably one of the most succesful factions of all time, aka the Shield, basically proves the opposite cause the Shield don't become who they become without certain charisma and that obviously goes for Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose as well. Is Seth Rollins the best promo? Certainly not but, again, saying he has no charisma is a bit harsh...

Secondly, RAW ratings have been in the shitter for months now and in a constant downfall for years and that ain't on any Seth Rollins or any other superstar in particular for that matter. If you need to find someone to blame, take it on the creative "geniusses" (including Vince obviously) who lack exactly that, creativity. And even when they get something good started, something intriguing, they still somehow manage to fuck it up in the end nine out of ten times...Take Ambrose for example and what followed his initial epic heel turn...Take AOP and the...piss jokes they became alongside the entire tag team division...take all the talent they don't use at all for the simple reason they have nothing for them...take the talent they DO use and how they either mistreat or simply fuck over, like Rousev or Neville earlier who simply walked away...The (shit)list is endless...

You ask for a new Batista or a Goldberg or a Cena? I'll add a Rock or a Stone Cold in the conversation but the fact of the matter is these type of larger than life characters are now no more because WWE have miserably failed to create new ones. And even when they did try by forcing the situatiuon with Roman Reigns, well, we all know how much of a success story that was...

Bottom line is this: Even if Seth Rollins is not the ideal choice to face and beat Brock at Mania (and I am not saying he is), really, who else is there on RAW anyway? I could only possibly argue a face Drew Mcntyre which is an idea I'm not sure WWE are keen on at the moment or maybe Demon Balor. Problem is, we haven't seen Demon Balor in ages and, well, Vince doesn't believe...

Reactions: Solid Snake

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan all over again? He has done alright for himself.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Rollins is just a placeholder until Roman Reigns gets back.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Let's look at the facts.

- This week's RAW was down 20% year on year. The biggest drop year on year in decades. Rollins has to take a share of the blame. People were not excited that he had won the Royal Rumble. Braun would have been a better option.

- You can't just blame the booking. It's not the booking's fault that Rollins has a terrible voice and doesn't have the right look. He looks like a mid-card act.

- Bryan has consistently proven to be a ratings bust.
[doublepost=1548876203][/doublepost]Oh and Finn Balor is not the guy either.

WWE should invest in larger than life talent. It's the only way to stop the bleeding.

Crash

Reaction score
Seems like we have someone who watched too many Vince Russo, Kevin Nash or "nWoWolfpacTV2017" on youtube and now believes everyone who is not a giant with a steroid muscular body is bad for ratings or is not main event material. Look the ratings doesn't matter at all, it's just a pissing contest no one cares about that anymore. The important things right now are selling merchandise, getting over with the fans or getting heat. The monday night wars was 20 years ago, get in with the now. The fact is we the big guys need the smaller guys and vice versa, you gotta have a variety of wrestlers on your roster.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Seems like we have someone who watched too many Vince Russo, Kevin Nash or "nWoWolfpacTV2017" on youtube and now believes everyone who is not a giant with a steroid muscular body is bad for ratings or is not main event material. Look the ratings doesn't matter at all, it's just a pissing contest no one cares about that anymore. The important things right now are selling merchandise, getting over with the fans or getting heat. The monday night wars was 20 years ago, get in with the now. The fact is we the big guys need the smaller guys and vice versa, you gotta have a variety of wrestlers on your roster.
Kevin Nash is a genius. NwoWolfPac does some good work. Russo is hit and miss. Ratings absolutely matter. Where do you think WWE gets its revenue from?

The fact is that there are too many smaller guys in top spots. Or rather too many bland performers with little physical presence in top spots. That's great for the incel audience. But it turns off normal people. WWE need more larger than life characters.

Crash

Reaction score
Kevin Nash is a genius. NwoWolfPac does some good work. Russo is hit and miss. Ratings absolutely matter. Where do you think WWE gets its revenue from?

The fact is that there are too many smaller guys in top spots. Or rather too many bland performers with little physical presence in top spots. That's great for the incel audience. But it turns off normal people. WWE need more larger than life characters.

Ok look I get your point, but that "incel" audience comment was a bit unnecessary. Too many smaller guys I can agree with that, but that is up to the company to get bigger guys if they think it will up their ratings (personally I don't think it will change anything) and I also agree with the "bland" comment but I don't think we have the same definition of "bland". Now on the "WWE need more larger than life characters" I agree but how do you expect to get that type of "superhero larger than life" characters when they don't even let most of the wrestlers be themselves and have their own creative. That is the main problem in my opinion, not how big, tall or muscular your are, but just let them come up with their own personality. Perfect example is Chris Jericho, he left WWE went to NJPW and there he was able to reinvent himself and continue to evolve his character, that would probably not have happened if he had stayed in WWE.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
You said just like a guy I use to know on another forum...

Crash

Reaction score
There was this guy on another Wrestling forum I would go on from time to time and this guy reminds me of him.

Oh, yes they are like NPC they just speak the same Russo/Nash stuff. The same old cassette on repeat. I met plenty of them on the internet.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
I agree but how do you expect to get that type of "superhero larger than life" characters when they don't even let most of the wrestlers be themselves and have their own creative. That is the main problem in my opinion, not how big, tall or muscular your are, but just let them come up with their own personality. Perfect example is Chris Jericho, he left WWE went to NJPW and there he was able to reinvent himself and continue to evolve his character, that would probably not have happened if he had stayed in WWE.
It's not creative' fault that Bryan, Rollins, etc have inherent weaknesses. You can only polish a turn so much.

WWE's creative is dreadful. But it's only one part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.