ROH stable

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But aren't they just as capable of being unstoppable without need of a stable? And as Billy mentioned, they really have no connection to each other through RoH. Simply making them a stable because they were all there at one point or another is kind of silly. That's like making a PWG stable in TNA consisting of Alex Shelley, Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles and Brian Kendrick just because they all happened to wrestle in that promotion before.

An Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, AJ Styles stable would rule

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
An Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, AJ Styles stable would rule

Again, there would be no point to it. Why are you so obsessed with stables?

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Your logic for creating stables is ignorant. You can't just throw random wrestlers into a stable and make it work.

Why not make a stable with the Undertaker, Goldust, Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam? That would be awesome lulz.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Your logic for creating stables is ignorant. You can't just throw random wrestlers into a stable and make it work.

Why not make a stable with the Undertaker, Goldust, Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam? That would be awesome lulz.
No the four ROH guys could work well together. Undertaker goldust RVD and Jeff hardy couldnt

The Viper

Reaction score

An Undertaker, Goldust, Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam stable would rule.

They have no purpose but they would rule together because on their own, they rule. So with them being together, they would rule even harder.

Amirite?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Stables make a long story.

If a company has to rely on a stable for long term booking then they've already failed.

Catfish Billy said:

They could be called the ROFLCOPTERS.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
No the four ROH guys could work well together. Undertaker goldust RVD and Jeff hardy couldnt

No, they wouldn't. The fact that you're saying they would shows me that you haven't seen any of them outside of the WWE.
Have you ever seen a Claudio Castagnoli promo? How can you tell me that his character could work well with Punk's? They're complete opposites.

An Undertaker, Goldust, Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam stable would rule.

They have no purpose but they would rule together because on their own, they rule. So with them being together, they would rule even harder.

Amirite?

Totally. What about Kane and Eric Young as a tag team? i iz a booking jeanyuz!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Totally. What about Kane and Eric Young as a tag team? i iz a booking jeanyuz!

Actually, I pushed for an EY/Abyss team for kind of the same reason. There would be major lulz.

Castiel

Reaction score
Without reading through all of this I'm just going to say this would be so stupid, and it usually comes from someone who isn't actually a fan of the indies. I can't tell you how many times I've seen an idea of a "ROH Invasion" or stable of some sort. It's always a dumb idea. It would also make absolutely no sense with Punk & Bryan hating each other and why would KOW join them? Just no.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
If a company has to rely on a stable for long term booking then they've already failed.

To play devils advocate here....TNA? Main Event Mafia, Immortal, Planet Jarrett, Sports Entertainment Extreme, Christian Coalition, Angle Alliance, etc. all in the last ten years, all with pretty much the same goal.

As for the original debate:

It would appeal to IWC fans, but that's it. And WWE don't like to acknowledge anyone else anyway so even though to us it would make sense, they'd have to come up with an entirely new backstory to justify it, and when there are other talent who could probably use a stable more to hide their weaknesses, WWE will go with them.

Punk has had two stables in WWE already, and both were very similar so this'd probably go the same way too.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
I actually wouldn't mind another stable but not for another year or so just to give us a stables break. The last stable (Corre) only ended back in 2011. I'd like to see a Radicalz esque stable, all four guys have a real connection and goal so it's just not four random dudes thrown together.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Billy made a good point on the first page. Punk and Bryan never encountered each other when they were in ROH. They were there at the same time but there wasn't any heat, or friendship, or anything like that. The Kings weren't even thought of in that era either, so obviously these two have no reason to be associated with them, other than the fact that Punk and Hero are actually really good friends. But WWE wouldn't acknowledge that.

And anyways, if the WWE brought them in, they wouldn't label them as an ROH stable. They probably wwouldn't even label them as an indy stable, because one thing would lead to another and WWE's domestic fans would go google them and their history, then they'd stumble upon ROH, and then people would begin to tune into ROH more and more, and so on and so forth.

It's an idea that's been done to death. Most people who even suggest such an alliance are those who know very little about ROH anyways, for some odd reason. Not every indy wrestler belongs with another indy wrestler. It's like how TNA created EV2.0... It was a nice idea, but just because you have a bunch of former ECW superstars on your roster, that doesn't mean they all have to be in one big stable. Their styles begin to clash and it falls apart.

And given that only a small portion of WWE's fan base is aware of ROH and what they're about, it would be extremely ineffective to form a stable of ROH alums. And anyways, if you were to go that route, why not just make it Punk, Bryan, and Bourne? Use three established stars to make a stable that the common WWE fan will be invested in. Do you think the common WWE fan is worried about Hero or Claudio, and do you think they'll know why they're debuting, teaming with the two world champions?

It's not a good idea quite frankly. Punk and Bryan need no allies, and it's best for Claudio and Chris to find their own way as well, whether it be in singles competition or as a team still.