ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

Good to see Mcguiness as the new ROH Champion, becuase I was saying that it'd either be him or Aries winning the title from Morishima, good move by ROH IMO.

Montana

Sounds like another good show....Survival of the Fittest!

Crowd is estimated between 200-300

1) Roderick Strong over Brent Albright to advance to the SoTF Finale with a gutbuster.

2) Chris Hero over Karl Anderson with an STF. Anderson looked impressive in a "give and take" match.

3) Rocky Romero over TJ Perkins

4) Austin Aries over Delirious via submission. This match woke up the crowd and was said to be very, very good.

5) Claudio Castagnoli over Davey Richards with a Ricola Bomb.

6) Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson fought to a 20-minute DRAW.

~It was announced that the winner of this 3-way (Tornado v. Kozina v. Hagadorn) gets into the Finals.

7) The Human Tornado over Tony Kozina and Shane Hagadorn when he pinned Kozina.

8) The Age of The Fall of Jacobs & Necro over Jay & Mark Briscoe in an "all over the venue streetfight" when Jacobs made Mark pass out following a DDT on a chair and Jacobs' submission.

9) Survival of the Fittest 2007 Finale:

~Hero pinned Tornado after Hero's Welcome
~Hero pinned Romero after Aries hit 450 splash
~Hero pinned Aries with a roll-up
~Hero pinned Strong after Hero's Welcome
~Chris Hero over Claudio Castagnoli after Todd Sinclair stopped the match when Claudio passed out in a submission hold by Hero.

Chris Hero is you 2007 Survivial of the Fittest Winner!

I dont know how Hero did it, considering he's barely won any matches this year in ROH, but yet ran through everyone. Not to mention ROH bringing in the Human Tornado. Thats a big addition in my opinion. Small crowd, but it was the 21+ show.

Soulpower

Chris Hero is you 2007 Survivial of the Fittest Winner!

YEAH!!! Finally, Hero is getting his due. I'm calling it now, he will eventually beat Nigel McGuiness and win the ROH title.

Travis40

I'm surprised that Hero actually won...:shock: yeah, he hasn't been doing shit this year, but I guess he got his chance to shine. I was hoping Aries, Strong, or Claudio would win it...but I'm still happy for Hero.

Reaction score
Nigel vs Danielson a DRAW?? WTF?

Chris Hero winning is ok, but I dont really like him much...I'd rather see Claudio win it

Travis40

Yeah the Nigel/Danielson Draw pissed me off, I would've liked to seen Nigel get the clean win but...:dry: I guess we'll see it down the road.

hbk4894

Reaction score
ROH house show report 10-21 Cow Palace in San Francisco

by Keith Lipinski

Human Tornado and Chris Hero start off tonight. Small crowd - maybe 300 or 350 people. Hero d. Tornado at 12:56 with a hangman's clutch. Good opening match with plenty of dancing.

Roderick Strong d. Claudio Castagnoli at 13:31 with the Gibson driver. Good match with lots of Claudio's "HEYYYYY" malarky (Keith's words, not mine) and some good wrestling to boot.

Adam Pearce d. 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson at 7:35 with a piledriver. Anderson looked good and might have lost a tooth on a lariat. Delirious ran out and bit Shane Hagadorn during the match just like The Amazon from Nintendo Pro Wrestling!

Brent Albright d. Delirious at 8:12 with the half nelson German suplex. Slow-paced but a good strong finish. Delirious had him tapping to the Cobra stretch but Adam Pearce had the ref's attention and he missed it.

Davey Richards & Rocky Romero d. TJ Perkins & Tony Kozina at 10:38 with a Davey armlock on TJ. Very good tag match with Rocky and Davey shining.

Age of the Fall d. Davey & Rocky at 12:13 with Necro hitting the tiger driver on Davey and Jimmy doing his choke guillotine DDT. Lots of crowd brawling throughout the match.

'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson d. Austin Aries at 18:47 with a small package. Incredible match, tons of submissions and near finishes, just awesome!

Nigel McGuinness {C} d. Jay Briscoe at 18:52 with a wrist submission. Briscoe worked on his injured knee throughout. Afterwards Danielson came out, slapped Nigel. and they started brawling. Then the Age of the Fall came down and fought with the Briscoes, then Rocky and Davey, then Austin, then Chris Hero who did some dancing moves, then Claudio came out to brawl to him. Holy clusterfuck Batman!

Very interesting show; Friday night was an easier crowd whereas Sunday was a 50-50 mix of casual fans with hardcore fans. Excellent wrestling throughout.

Soulpower

Ring of Honor's Glory by Honor V weekend opened up tonight in Philadelphia, PA at the National Guard Armory. Results from the currently ongoing show are as follows:

*Alex Payne defeated Kyle Durdin with a fisherman's suplex.

*Shane Hagadorn defeated Rhett Titus after reversing a sunset flip and holding the ropes.

*Kevin Steen and El Generico defeated The Hangman 3's Brent Albright and BJ Whitmer, but were laid out afterward.

*Claudio Castagnoli defeated Hallowicked following a European Uppercut. Sweet and Sour's Larry Sweeney offered Castagnoli a chance to sign with the stable but Castagnoli, who has been feuding with Chris Hero, refused.

*Davey Richards forced Delirious to submit.

*ROH Tag Team champions The Briscoe Brothers defeated Rocky Romero and Roderick Strong, but were attacked by The Age of the Fall.

*The Age of the Fall defeated The Vulture Squad. This set off a series of run-ins for a huge brawl before intermission.

*Austin Aries defeated Bryan Danielson in the final of their best of three series to become the top contender to the ROH title.

*Chris Hero comes out and demands the ROH title shot he earned by winning the Survival of the Fittest in Las Vegas right now. ROH champion Nigel McGuinness, injured, comes out to defend the title. Hero scored the pin but McGuinness had his leg on the ropes and the bout was re-started, leading to McGuinness winning and retaining the belt.

*Pro Wrestling NOAH Global Honored Crown champion Mitsuharu Misawa & KENTA fought Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji to a 30 minute time limit draw.

For those who are not aware, Kevin Steen has been dealing with numerous injuries and he'll be taking some time off. THis is probably why he and Generico got beat down after their match.

Soulpower

Results

1) Chris Hero defeats El Generico in a good opener.

2) BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright defeat Kevin Steen & Delirious when BJ hit an exploder on Steen on a steel chair.

3) Austin Aries defeats Shane Hagadorn.

~After the match, Aries gets on the mic and announces he is disbanding the Resilience to focus on winning the ROH World Championship.

~Austin Aries will challenge Nigel McGuinness for the ROH World Championship at the next PPV taping in New York.

4) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Naomichi Marufuji.

5) The Age of the Fall vs The Briscoes goes about one minute, double DQ.

6) Tyler Black defeats Alex Payne.

~After the match The Briscoes run off Black and say they will defend the titles later tonight in a street fight.

7) Takeshi Morishima defeats Bryan Danielson by DQ when Danielson repeatedly curbstomps Morishima's NUTS.

~After the match Nigel comes out and gets kicked in the nuts as well. Place goes crazy for Dragon.

8.) The No Remorse Corp defeat The Vulture Squad when Evans taps to a SICK Roderick Strong Boston Crab.

9) Austin Aries defeats Chris Hero.

10) Mitsuharu Misawa defeats KENTA to retain the GHC Championship with an Emerald Fusion in what was described as an awesome, awesome match.

11) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat The Age Of The Fall to successfully retain the ROH World Tag Team Championships as we end Glory By Honor weekend.

This is from the Wrestling Observer:

"Sweeney,Hero,Del Rey and Dempsey come out AGAIN and say that at Final
Battle its gonna be Hero vs Claudio and if Hero wins then Claudio is
gone. Hero then starts beating up Dempsey because he is mad he is
neither #1 Cont. Or Champion. He runs down Aries calling him "Mr. 2005"
and Aries appears. Aries challenges Hero to a match NOW and it
basically leads to Hero vs Aries. If Hero wins he is the #1 contender
and if Aries wins then Claudio must face Sweeney at Final Battle instead
of Hero.

The other "news" is that Nicolas Cage was backstage at the show doing research for a movie called "The Wrestler".

Reaction score
^ Damn, sounds like it was an awsome show! Im definately buying that when it comes out on DVD

Montana

Kinda odd to see them end the show with Briscoes/Age of the Fall, over Misawa vs Kenta. They were hyping that match up for months.

Soulpower

ROH Results from 11/30

Tonight's ROH show was a mixed bag with some pretty good matches and some pretty bad ones. Before the report, I'd like to note they had to set up additional bleachers for the GA crowd and I'd like to thank every one who helped to do that, thus meaning I didn't have to stand for the duration of the 3 1/2 hour show.

1.) Claudio Castagnoli defeated Seth Skyfire - this was maybe the worst ROH match I've ever seen. I don't know is Skyfire was just nervous or this was why he was cut from WWE but he botched a ton of stuff and even when he wasn't working ultra-loose, he looked lost. Claudio didn't look a lot better either frankly. Claudio won with the Ricolla bomb.

2.) Delirious defeated Adam Pearce in a Falls Count Anywhere match - this was probably the worst ROH match I've never seen. Because it's FCA, the never got in the ring and brawled all over the arena, meaning maybe 20 people at any one time could see what was happening. Occasionally there'd be the smack of a chair or a small "tap, tap, tap" chant that I could kind of gage what was going on. Anyway, eventually Pearce climbed one of the scaffolding with the spotlights and got stuck between the rungs after a chair shot, so Delirious climbed above and choked him out, then dove off the scaffold onto Shane Hagadorn. Best part of the match was seeing the guy who runs the lights holding on for dear life, while the wrestlers shook the unstable contraption.

3.) Chris Hero defeated Jigsaw. Hero turned the show around, playing to the crowd. He is such a great cocky heel he's turning himself face. His whole entourage is great to observe too, always keeping at it, even when the camera isn't on them. This played for a long time like an extended Hero showcase, but Jigsaw finally got in some good offense. Hero won with this weird choke-drop and his arm bar submission.

4.) ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoe Brothers defeated Davey Richards and Rocky Romero in a match taped for the 4th PPV. Fantastic match, probably match of the night. The best compliment I can give this match is their were several point I thought we were going to see a tag title change, and I am fairly cynical about such things. Briscoes won after their springboard Doomsday Device on Rocky (I think).

5.) Brian Danielson defeated Necro Butcher in a relaxed rules match. I don't get the cult of Necro but I thought this was a pretty weak match. More brawling on the floor, a few spots with a chair in the ring. Best part was Danielson getting pissed off and stomping on Necro's bald feet and shoving the ref away for breaking up a hold on the ropes. Danielson won with cattle mutilation. Match was really short too, less than 10 minutes.

Intermission.

6.) In a special "Bonus Surprise Match" Nigel McGuiness defeated Sylus Young. Crowd was psyched to see Nigel. This was not the squash I expected as Young hit a couple of high impact moves. McGuniess moved away from his "All Lariats All The Time" offense, saving the lariat flurry until the end. Nigel won with his arm bar submission, which I'm sure has a clever name.

Afterwards Nigel made a nice speech about entering the wrestling biz in the Dayton area and wanting to fight here. He promised when ROH returned, we'd get a title match. Chris Hero et al then interrupted, hurled some insults, and Nigel challenged Hero to a fight. Toland and Bobby Dempsey took Hero's place and were each quickly dispatched with Nigel's arm-bar, but finally the number game was too much. Hero tried to Pilmanize Hero's arm, but Claudio Castagnoli made the save. McGuniess said he'd fight Hero at ROH's next Dayton show, Jan 25.

7.) Davey Richards defeated Human Tornado and Erik Stevens. This match was supposed to be Stevens and Tornado but Stevens so wanted revenge on Richards, Tornado offered to make it a three way. Note to Tornado: This was a bad idea. Match was fantastic. Tornado showed a lot of personality as a high flying comedy wrestler, sort of like Colt Cabana. Highlight was Stevens throwing Tornado in the air and HT landing in a splits in such a way he kicked Richards in the crotch. Tornado hit a cross body block but Richards turned it into his arm-based submission for the quick, odd tap out.

8.) Austin Aries defeated Roderick Strong 4-3 in a 30 minute iron man match. This match was weird. It wasn't bad, per se, but it had no intensity and a lot of the crowd really turned on it as a result. I know iron man matches are hard to work, but Aries and Strong didn't make it look like they were fighting the clock much and so the match dragged. Aries went up 2-0, which was weird as he was the face and it kind of messes up the psychology of the match when the heel is chasing the face. Strong then took the lead, scoring 3 straight. With about five minutes left, Aries was knocked out of the ring and Strong kept keeping him out. Finally Aries got back in the ring and hit a quick pin, then got a chokeout win with 2 seconds left. The knockout victory was flat.

9.) The Vulture Squad (Jack Evans and Ruckus) defeated The Briscoes, Age of the Fall (Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs) and The Hangmen 3 (BJ Whitmer and Brent Albright) when Evans pinned a Briscoe. Super fun finisher with guys just hitting crazy dives and moves non-stop and all semblance of order gone. Ruckus looked to hurt his knee legit but kept going. Evans won with a 630.

Soulpower

Bad weather cancels the Trios Tournament, and ROH goes Unscripted!

Credit: Stevie J and angrymarks.com as well as Dr. Keith Lipinski for the following results.

Thanks to Dr. Keith Lipinski for sending in these updates! Tonight's show was originally scheduled to be the Trios Tournament 2007 but has since been changed to the Unscripted 3 and is taking place in Chicago Ridge, IL.

1) Pre-Show: Ernie Osirus d. Mitch Franklin (looking VERY jacked) at 5:59 with a standing shooting star press. Franklin had a lot of what the Japanese call "fighting spirit" in the match. Adam Pearce did his Gary Michael Capetta and said there were ten minutes gone by two minutes into the match!

Keith reports the start time was moved back to 8:00 due to the awful weather and how hard it was for people to get there. An estimated 800-900 people are in attendance.

2) Main Show: Austin Aries comes out to cut a promo about being held back in Ring of Honor and how obstacles are being put in his way. Tyler Black came out with Lacey and cut a rebuttal promo about opportunity. Match begins! Austin Aries d. Tyler Black at 14:32 with a brain buster 450 combo. Black looked very good and the match had a great open followed by a lot of near falls. Aries kicks have improved greatly and he connected with an awesome flying judo chop during the match. Afterwards Lacey cut a promo for Age of the Fall and said it's not that easy to put down a revolution. Sara Del Ray came out and challenged Lacey to a non-title match.

3) Sara Del Ray d. Lacey at 15:11 in a non-title match using a German suplex bridge. A second girl came out with Lacey for Age of the Fall but wasn't introduced, however she broke up at least one pinfall. Keith reports both women performed well but the match wasn't quite up to SHIMMER standards. At one point Lacey said she was parched and asked for a drink of water, when she got it Sara slapped her on the back and she sprayed the water all over the timekeeper. The crowd chanted SHE CAN'T SWA-LLOW!

4) Six-Man Mayhem: Dan Lawrence v. Trik Davis v. Dingo v. Silas Young v. Seth Skyfire v. Danny Daniels. Dingo came out to Men at Work's "Down Under" and had a Sabu tattoo on his back. Dan Lawrence came out to Andrew WK's "Party Hard" and had a lot of Ultimate Warrior type fringe on his gear. During the match Young suplexed Lawrence onto the other four "goofs" outside the ring for a big pop. Dingo wins the six-man by pinning Dan Lawrence with a full nelson suplex into a bridge at 9:25. Lots of high flying and great spots - this one was a lot of fun to watch and the crowd was really into it. A lot of people were marking out for Daniels during the match since he's a local wrestler. Mark and Jay Briscoe came out afterwards for a quick beat down on Daniels and Young.

5) Chris Hero v. Claudio Castagnoli. Tank Toland apparently didn't make it to the show, Sweeney is nowhere to be seen, and only Bobby Dempsey is in Hero's corner. Dempsey was wearing his silver jumpsuit and a too tight Chris Hero t-shirt. Hero was cutting a promo on Dempsey about it, then couldn't get off his own "Survival of the Fittest" t-shirt, and Claudio taunted him and said he was too fat to get it off himself. Hero went to cup Dempsey's ears so he couldn't hear this. Hero wore the purple shirt and green tights for this match. When he did his somersault into the ring, Claudio pointed up, Hero looked up and Claudio hit him with a SWEET uppercut. There was a lot of comedy in the first 20 minutes including a fan taunting Dempsey with a Snickers bar. Eventually Lacey got a chocolate bar for Dempsey and when Hero saw this he was NOT pleased. Claudio won with his waterslide move at 21:19.

Larry Sweeney arrived and announced he'd been in negotiations with Ring of Honor and they'd be going 2 out of 3 falls. He called Castagnoli "SWISS-O" and said he was "both dumb AND swiss." While Castagnoli was listening to this Hero used the Hero's Welcome to pin Castagnoli in six seconds and take the second fall.

In the third fall Hero worked on Claudio's arm and shoulder injured from the first fall, trying over and over again to take Claudio out, but Claudio won the third fall at 3:42 with a roll through and an arm bar. Afterwards an enraged Hero beat down Claudio on his bad shoulder. Intermission followed.

6) Adam Pearce & Shane Hagadorn d. 'Sugarfoot' Alex Payne & Ernie Osirus at 1:54 with a spike piledriver on Osirus. Hangmen Three came out right at the beginning of the match to interfere throughout. There were lots of "REPO MAN" chants during the match, but that's about it. Pearce held Osirus and Hagadorn came off the top rope to nail him with the piledriver. This was a total squash or as Keith put it, "It was what it was." Afterwards Pearce body slammed Osirus over the top rope to the floor and yelled "That looked like it HURT!"

7) Brent Albright d. Jigsaw at 8:13 with a half nelson suplex in a very good and competitive match. This match was surprisingly good and Jigsaw got a lot of chants. He hit a beautiful dive onto H3 during the match and got in way more offense than he would have just a few months ago when Albright was getting his big push. At one point he hit Albright with a beautiful DDT but he only got 2. The half nelson suplex came when Albright caught him as he spring boarded off the ropes and that was that! BJ Whitmer got on the mic afterwards and said he was looking for a fight and people chanted "CORINO" at him. This brought out Delirious!

8) BJ Whitmer v. Delirious in a no-DQ match goes to a no contest at 15:08. Delirious hit a flip five to the outside on the Hangmen Three - must have been a prerequisite for being on the show tonight! A minute or two into the match Whitmer got on the mic and announced it was no DQ, then hit Delirious with the mic. They brawled all over the place and at one point ATTACKED EACH OTHER WITH UMBRELLAS. Whitmer got good juice in this match. Delirious eventually hit the Shadows Over Hell but before he could do anything he got hit with the Hangmen Three's chain and they ripped his mask open, then wrapped it around his throat to hang him. This was an absolutely nuts scene with the referee and the pre-show goofs who came out for the save getting beat down. Delirious bladed BIG TIME. This was a great angle, really hot. Albright gave Mitch Franklin a gorilla press into the crowd after the match!

Daizee Haze came out to fight some chick but Jimmy Jacobs jumped out of the second row and speared her. He has a short haircut tonight. He cuts a promo saying "I just destroyed this pretty little thing, now I want to destroy the best in the world." This brought out Bryan Danielson.

9) Jimmy Jacobs d. Bryan Danielson at 22:32 with a guillotine DDT off the top rope. HOLY SHIT - incredible match! Danielson was bleeding in a big way. At one point Danielson had him beat with the cattle mutilation but Lacey pulled the ref to the outside so he couldn't see the tapout. Jimmy tried to both outwrestle and out brawl Danielson - he even left his knee brace outside the ring during the match. The blade spot came when they were fighting over Jacobs' cane and Danielson managed to grab it, but Jacobs shoved the silver handled end into his face. Jacobs got a two count off elbows to the head followed by a Contra Code before eventually hitting the guillotine DDT for the win, and his new finisher is called "End Game."

Nigel McGuinness came out afterwards and mocked Danielson, asking if he was going to lose to Bobby Dempsey next. This brought out Chris Hero and Larry Sweeney. Sweeney said that when it comes to "superiorocity" Hero was the best man here. Eventually McGuinness and Danielson brawled to the back. In the meantime Roderick Strong came out, said he was a huge fan of McGuinness, and he wanted a match so he could become "world title champion." McGuinness didn't immediately accept but it seems to be where they are going.

10) Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe & Erick Stevens v. No Remorse Corps - Mark picks up the win at 24:00 in a very good match by hitting Davey Richards with a cutthroat driver. The match started off slow but picked up a lot near the end as everybody got to hit their finishing moves. That's the show!

Obviously, I'm surprised that Jacobs got the win over Danielson. I guess they're really planning on giving the AoTF a massive push. Human Tornado, Jack Evans, Ruckus and Necro Butcher were unable to make the show. THey were in a car accident. Evans got a concussion, but the rest of the guys are fine.

Soulpower

ROH show results for 01/11/08

Ring of Honor debuted at Boston University in Boston, MA tonight with the following results:

Pre-Show:

*Mike Bennet defeated Rhett Titus with a sitout rock bottom.

*Azrieal defeated. Ernie Osiris with a double stomp to the back of the head.

Main Show:

*YRR, Kenny King and Jason Blade defeated. Eddie Edwards and Pelle Primeau in a solid opening match. YRR then cut a promo on the Briscoes, who hit the ring and cleared it of the YRR.

*Daizee Haze defeated Alexa Thatcher in a short back and forth match. There are a fair amount of a*****s here catcalling the women.

*Claudio Castagnoli defeated Ruckus with an European uppercut.

*Daniel Puder made his in-ring Ring of Honor debut, defeating Mike Bennet in a open challenge. Sweet N Sour, Inc.'s Larry Sweeney said no one could make Puder tap. This brought out Bryan Danielson, who challenged Puder, but Puder balked. Danielson called out Brent Albright to have their bout.

*Bryan Danielson defeated Brent Albright in a fantastic match, but Albright would not shake Dragon's hand afterwards.

*Kevin Steen defeated Necro Butcher in a fun plunder match.

*Delirious defeated Sal Rinauro with a crossface submission.

*Roderick Strong defeated El Generico. Generico was laid out by Albright and BJ Whitmer afterwards. Albright said he wasn't done with Bryan Danielson.

*FIP champion Erik Stevens defeated Austin Aries in a fantastic match that is worth the price of the DVD when it's released.

*ROH Tag Team champions The Age of the fall retained their belts in a fantastic Ultimate Endurance match. Evans and Jigsaw were eliminated first. The second fall saw BJ Whitmer get pinned under the No DQ stipulation. The final fall saw the Briscoes get pinned after a series of big spots and near falls.

Quick Thoughts:

*Great show with a near sellout crowd....Kevin Steen is really getting over with the ROH crowd...Brent Albright deserves a ton of credit for wrestling in two good to great matches tonight....ROH announced an April 11th return.

Damn! They're really pushing Stevens hard.. I wonder if he'll get the win over Danielson tonight?