ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

ROH Motor City Madness 2007 ongoing results!!

Pre-Show:
1) Ernie Osiris d. Dingo

2) Shane Hagadorn d. Kyle Durden

Main Show:
1) Davey Richards d. Silas Young

2) YRR of of Chasyn Rance & Kenny King d. Alex Payne/Mitch Franklin

3) Bryan Danielson vs Kenny King. Danielson came out wearing an eye patch and said he needed to test out his depth perception, challenging King to a match. After defeating King, Danielson challenged Rance and defeated him via ref stoppage.

4) Four Corner Survival: Erick Stevens d. Delirious, Roderick Strong, Kevin Steen.

5) Jimmy Jacobs with Lacey d. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland & Bobby Dempsey

6) Naomichi Marufuji d. El Generico.

7) Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer with Shane Hagadorn d. Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli

8) Streetfight: Jack Evans d. Rocky Romero.

9) ROH World Title Match: Takeshi Morishima d. Erick Stevens. Strong back and forth match.

10) World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe d. Austin Aries & Matt Cross

sweetj14

Reaction score
Whoa, I thought Morishima was supposed to face the winner of the Four-Corner Survival.:sad_2:

Soulpower

He is... Erick Stevens won and he will face Morishima later tonight.

sweetj14

Reaction score
Never mind, I read Marufuji vs. El Generico and I must have mistaken Marufuji for Morishima, sorry.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Roh House Show

by Adam Barnowski

Ring of Honor presents its first ever disappointing show in Detroit : Motor City Showdown : 9/14/07 at the Michigan Mart .

Hey yo gang.

I’m back in the front row once again for Ring of Honor in Detroit.

To be honest, I am worried coming in that tonight’s card is mostly just a precursor for the big PPV tomorrow night in Chicago. Often when RoH comes to Detroit, they are on their way to a bigger show in Chicago, but they usually go out of their way to make the Detroit show feel special as well. Tonight just did not have that special feeling to it.

I hate to say it, but I do believe that tonight Ring of Honor was in coast mode, as they prepare for a huge card tomorrow night in the Windy City.

Pre-show :

Match 1 : Davey Richards (boo!) vs. Some dude that none of us knew.

This was sad because the Detroit crowd wanted to boo the hell out of Davey Richards, but it was hard to cheer for the other guy, since none of us knew who the hell he was. We cheered for the mystery guy anyway (even tho it seemed somewhat pointless). Crown chanted : “Fuck You Davey†and a bunch of people in my section complained that “We already saw the pre-showâ€.

This was a BAD match to start out the night with. A totally dead curtain jerker that no one cared about at all. Unusually bad booking from Gabe (who was nowhere to be found tonight). This match killed the crowd dead, and set a bad tone for the rest of the evening. I’m sure that Davey won, but I don’t remember how.

Match 2 : Alex ‘SugarFoot’ Payne & Mitch Franklin vs. The YRR Chasyn Rance Kenny King.

I worked with the guys on my right to figure out Kenny Kings’ name. It took a while, but we figured it out. We never did figure out the name of his “Not Cocky†partner (Chase something,) or their smoking hot manager - who was the only one that we gave a damn about anyway.

Kenny was BY FAR the most entertaining guy in this match. ‘SugarFoot’ is still the worst wrestling nickname that I have ever heard. YRR (no idea what it stands for) won very quickly with a double team falling neck breaker thingy. At least it was short.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Danielson is out with the eye patch to a HUGE pop. Crowd is chanting “Best in the Worldâ€. Brian is not scheduled to fight tonight, but needs to test his vision with the eye patch for tomorrow nights title match with Morishima. He demands that one of the YRR accept his challenge, and Kenny King is up for the task.

Match 3 : The Best in the World vs. Kenny King.

Kenny King wants to know “Where’s my chant?†to which the crowd responds : “You’re an asshole†- Classic!

King is entertaining (and has a bright future) but is totally dominated by Danielson here. Even with outside interference, King can’t overcome the best in the world, and ends up tapping out in under five minutes to a Kimura.

Danielson is not satisfied with that. He wants to bury the “Chase†kid as well. Chase foolishly gets into the ring and he gets DOMINATED by The American Dragon.

Match 3.5 : Dragon vs. Chase Something

This match is over in less than a minute as Danielson opens up with unanswered elbows to the head of poor Chase. He does nothing to defend himself and the ref steps in and calls the match off. Danielson wins in seconds via strikes in an effective UFC style stoppage.

The American Pirate is over HUGE in Detroit, and appears unstoppable heading into his title match tomorrow night in Chicago. I am predicting a title change – you heard it here first.

Match # 4 : The four corner survival match, with the winner going on to face Takeshi Morishim for the RoH title later in the evening.

My least favorite RoH wrestler (more on why later) Roderick Strong is out to a mixed reaction . Kevin Steen is out to some “Mr. Wrestling†chants. Next is Eric Stevens and his mohawk, followed by the most over guy in the match – Delirious – who is now sporting a Jim Neidhart style goatee.

This match is a fast paced back and forth encounter with tons of near falls and saves. A series of close falls earns the first official “R-O-H†chant of the evening. There is a seemingly endless string of 2 counts, with a third wrestler making the save. Delirious hits a Head & Shoulders Tazzplex on Rod Strong that takes him out of the match. Stevens then hits a TKO on Kevin Steen, but Delirious makes the save. We get a Panic Attack, but are denied a Chemical Imbalance, or a Shadows Over Hell.

Eric Stevens dumps Steen to the outside, and then hits a falling under hook power bomb on Delirious and gets 1 – 2 - and…. 3 - much to the shock and dismay of the Detroit crowd.

Steen and Rod “Storm†off, while Delirious and Stevens shake hands. The Detroit crowd is stunned, and does NOT buy Eric Steven as a legitimate contender for Takeshi Morishima. Stevens takes the mic, and the crowd lets him know that they are unhappy by turning on him immediately. He acknowledges the boos, but doesn’t let them shake him, as he promises that he “will NOT let you down tonightâ€.

The guys to my left tell him that they he will be leaving early tonight.

Eric Stevens vs. Takashi Morishima? Not exactly Budokan Hall level main event material. The Detroit crowd is feeling ripped off, and I am with them.

Match #5 : Jimmy Jacobs vs. Chris Hero

Next out is Jimmy f’ing Jacobs who should be over HUGE in Detroit – this is where he made himself a star in that crazy match with BJ. I am shocked by the somewhat tepid reaction for Jimmy and Lacey.

Watching Lacey at ringside (which I do for the entire match,) I can’t help thinking that she is bland and boring (two words that I never thought I would use to describe her) as a face. Lacey desperately needs to go back to being a skanky heel, and she should take Jimmy with her. Their heel act was over huge. As faces, they are boring and pedestrian.

Fortunately, their opponent is the opposite of boring and pedestrian, and is maybe the best heel in the history of Ring of Honor – the one and only Chris Hero. Hero comes to the ring with like twenty five guys with him. It really is impressive, as Hero brings along Larry Sweeny, Tank Tolland, Bobby Dempsey, and Sarah Del Ray (looking like she’s gained a few pounds… perhaps on the Bobby Dempsey diet).

This is the most entertaining match of the night so far, although not much in the way of actual wrestling. Hero totally sucks in the ring, but his shtick is solid gold. He is hysterical, which makes you want to cheer for him, but god awful, which makes you want to boo him. The man is pro wrestling’s own oxymoron.

The highlight of this match is when Lacey and Sarah get in the ring and mix it up strong style, with Lacey scoring the advantage over Sarah. Chris Hero uses tons of outside interference to survive multiple attempts at the Contra Code, before finally getting caught and tapping out to Jacobs’ guillotine choke.

Post match, Sweet & Sour Inc. blindside Jacobs, and then hit the high ground, leaving Bobby Dempsey behind to take another guillotine choke from Jimmy Jacobs. Jimmy wont release the choke, and leaves Bobby for dead.

Match # 6 : Marufuji vs. El Generico.

Generico is getting over big with the RoH audience, and even the rowdy Detroit crowd knows enough to show respect for the legendary Marufuji. There is a handshake and a hug (?) to start the match.

Generico gets Marufuji in the corner and hits his Super Crazy 10 count as the crowd chants along in Spanish. Line of the night - the guy sitting on my right, leans over and says - “I don’t know Japanese, so help me out†- Classic!

Eventually Marufuji dumps Generico out at our feet. Generico extends his hand, and being a good Samaritan, I offer him my hand to help him up. This apparently angers Marufuji, who rolls out of the ring and gives me the hard stare down. I release El Generico, but Marufuji grabs my hat anyway – my lucky fedora! – and threatens to hurl it into the crowd. I implore him not to do it, and grab my hat back from him. The people in my section tell me that I should have let him have my hat… Hey, I don’t wear cheap baseball hats, and I don’t want my lucky hat thrown into this rabid Detroit crowd.

The match picks up from here, and the crowd picks up with it. Marifuji locks in a triangle choke but Genericho fights to get out it. There is a long series of near falls punctuated by dueling super kicks. Both men go down and the crowd is on it’s feet chanting “R-O-H†once again.

Genericho hits the brainbuster and the crowd counts 1 – 2 – 3.

The ref claims that it is only a two count! None of us saw Marufuji kick out. Maybe he got a foot under the ropes or something. Either way, the crowd continues to chant “R-O-H†as Marifuji hits the Shiranu and gets 1 – 2 – and 3.

This time the ref claims that Generico got his foot under the ropes. The crowd is rabid, and this has become the best match of the evening. Marufuji goes for the Coast to Coast Van Terminator but Generico moves! They climb to the top where they fight back and forth before Marufuji finally hits the top rope Shiranui.

Now we get a 1 – 2 – and a 3.

Marufuji wins the best match of the night so far.

Post match - Marufuji gets on the mic and does the “Ole Ole†chant as he raises El Generico’s hand in a show of respect. Excellent match. Easily the match of the night.

It’s intermission, and who should be out and about in the parking lot of the Michigan Mart, but the best tag team in the world – The Motor City Machine Guns. Alex and Chris look damn good as they try and keep a low profile in their hometown. Everyone wants to know why RoH does not book them anymore (exclusive contract with Orlando) and if TnA will ever push them (don’t hold your breath). I tell them that I am very impressed with what they can accomplish with 3 minutes of TV time every week. Alex is in a hurry to get somewhere, while Chris suggests that with Impact going to two hours, they might get featured more.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sweet. That means I can look forward to five minute squashes of the best tag team in the world, as they are constantly jobbed to every other team that TnA can think to put together.

Moving on….

The show starts up again with match #7 : Claudio Castagnoli and Nigel McGuiness taking on Brent Albright and the newly revamped BJ Whitmer.

There are lots of “Let’s go Europe†chants for the team of Nigel and Claudio (who were feuding over the Pure title a few shows back here in Detroit). BJ looks terrible. He has trimmed way down, gotten a haircut, bleached his remaining hair blonde, and started wearing tights that look like he may have gotten them from Billy Gunn (sorry… Kip James). I’m sure this new look is meant to make him look a rejuvenated heel, but really it just makes him look old and pathetic.

I am wondering where hometown favorite “The Scrap Daddy†Adam Pearce is, but his absence goes totally unexplained.

I am a big fan of Brent Albright, Nigel McGuiness, and Claudio Castagnoli (who is over HUGE in Detroit – as always) but this match is dragged down into sleep inducing territory by BJ Whitmer. who has the uncanny ability to put any wrestling fan to sleep, no matter what the color of his hair is.

The crowd is hot whenever Claudio is in, and DEAD whenever BJ is in. Claudio spends a long time in peril before finally making the hot tag to Nigel McGuiness. Nigel opens up on the heels as this “by the book†formula tag team match puts the fans to sleep in droves.

Eventually Brent sneaks in the ring (not legal) and hits McGuiness with a Head & Shoulders TazzPlex. Despite never being tagged in, Brent makes the cover and the ref counts three.

Awesome! Team Somnambulistic wins! Their fans would cheer, but they are busy sleeping.

Match # 8 : Jack Evans vs. Rocky Romero.

No one cares about Rocky, per usual (he is easily the most over rated guy on the entire roster) but Detroit is off the hook for The Aerial emperor - Jack Evans.

Jack demands that the match be a Detroit street fight and Rocky obliges him, bringing a chair into the ring for good measure.

Rocky takes advantage of the lack of rules, while conspicuous by their absence are Jack’s Vulture Squad buddies - Ruckus, and Julius Smokes. Rocky dominates Jack using a chair, a ladder, and finally a table. Soon both guys are brawling though the crowd prompting many fans to complain that they - “can’t see shitâ€.

Eventually they make their way back to the ring, and Jack mounts a late comeback, coming off the top rope with a double stomp through the table.

Jack wins. “Rocky sucksâ€.

Match # 9 : Semi main event time, as Morishima ties up with Erick Stevens.

Stevens works hard to win over the fans and eventually does so simply by surviving the unbelievably stiff offensive onslaught by the Ring of Honor Champion.

Question : Is that all this guy does - stiff his opponents? I have yet to see Morishima break out an impressive looking move set. His kicks, punches, and lariats are impressive because they are stiff as hell (ala Stan Hansen) but does that make him World Champion material?

Erick actually puts on one hell of a match here, and does succeed at wining the crowd over… for the most part. As the guy on my right said – “this would be a good match, if that guy had ANY chance at allâ€.

Everyone knows that Erick is going down eventually. Sure enough - stiff lariet, back drop driver, 3 count. I feel like I’m watching Vader matches again. I hope they put the title back on Brian Danielson tomorrow night… at least the pale American knows how to wrestle.

Match #10: Main Event – The Briscoe Boys vs. Austin Aries & Matt Cross.

Once again, we know that Cross and Aries have no chance, thanks to the ladder match tomorrow night, so this match has little intrigue to it. Having said that – it’s awesome to see Matt Dog in the main event, and Austin Aries looks phenominal now that he has shrugged off the Austin Starr persona.

Austin has trimmed back down to his original weight, and looks crisper in the ring than he has in a long while. The Aries they have in RoH right now, is as good (or better) than the Aries who pinned Samoa Joe to win the RoH Championship. Hopefully Gabe will move Aries out of the whole “Resilience†nonsense, and put him back where he belongs, in the title picture.

Everyone knows that the Briscoes are winning this match. Cross spends most of the match “in peril†eventually making the hot tag to Aries. The Brisoces break out the old Havana Pitbulls’ “Cuban Missile Crisis†for a near fall. Aries carries his team, barking orders to Cross who hits a double double stomp for a near fall. Aries hits a Brian Buster but misses the 450 splash. Cross hits a picture perfect Shooting Star Press, for a long two count.

The fans seem to briefly believe that there could actually be a title change.

Aries counter the Springboard Doomsday Device, and Cross pulls out a victory roll for another long two count. The fans are on their feet, but in the end, there are no surprises – The Briscoes hit a spike Jay driller on Matt Cross and pick up the three count.

All in all : A pretty disappointing card from Ring of Honor, who have traditionally only put on the best wrestling . The wrestling was strong as always, but tonight was the least interesting Ring of Honor show since they started coming to the Michigan Mart a number of years ago.

Soulpower

Combined Results from the ROH and DVDVR boards
Preshow:

1) Ernie Osiris & Silas Young defeat Bobby Dempsey & Rhett Titus when Young pinned Titus.

Main Show:

~The announced name for the Pay-Per-View is "Man Up".

1) Nigel McGuinness defeats Naomichi Marufuji, Chris Hero, and Claudio Castagnoli after hitting the Jawbreaker Lariat on Claudio. Excellent match.

2) Rocky Romero defeats Matt Cross with a hard kick to the head.

3) Austin Aries defeats Davey Richards. Richards used a ton of headbutts, german suplexes, and a crossface. Acting very Benoit, as was reported in Manhattan. Aries wins with a 450.

4) Roderick Strong defeated Erick Stevens after a Avalanche-style Splash Mountain and a Gibson Driver to give the NRC a 2-1 victory. AWESOME match, and a total stiff chop fest. Strong was bleeding from the chest.

5) Takeshi Morishima defeated Bryan Danielson by Ref Stoppage after elbows to the eye. Danielson wore the Eye Patch. Danielson used a Backdrop Superplex on the big man. Morishima actually escaped the elbow onslaught. "Bullshit" chant.

6) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeated Kevin Steen & El Generico in what was described as "The greatest match I've ever seen in my life. Too many spots to name. Package piledriver on a ladder as well as a Jay Driller. Jay pulled down the belts."
Highlights
- They broke the first ladder by double super hiptossing Generico through it.
- Kevin Steen hit Mark Briscoe with a powerbomb from the ring to a ladder propped up between the guardrail and the ring.
- Jay hit Steen with a DVD onto a ladder on the mat.
- Steen hit Mark Briscoe with a Package Piledriver onto a ladder propped between the bigger ladder and the 2nd turnbuckle as they were standing on the ladder bridge.Jay Briscoe hit Generico with a Jay-Driller onto the same thing.
- Jay pushed Steen off the larger ladder onto the remains of the smaller ladder as they both climbed for the belts. Jay just unhooked the belts and the Briscoes retained.

Ages of the Fall just came out. Its Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black and Necro Butcher. Lacey is out as well. They're attacking the Briscoes. They hanged Jay with the Cable used to hold up the belts.Blood is pouring out of Jay's head as Jimmy is below him getting covered in it. Jay's hanging about 8 feet above the mat. Jimmy is just drenched in Jay's blood. Somewhat of a "Boring" Chant. Sucks to be Jay if that's the case.The visual of Jimmy covered in Jay's blood was apparently cool. Jimmy opened his mouth and drank his blood.

Everything from here on is not on the PPV.

7) Top of the Class Trophy: Mitch Franklin defeated Alex Payne.

SHIMMER Grudge Tag Match Daizee Haze & Amazing Kong defeated SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey & Lacey after Haze pinned Lacey with the Mind Trip.

9) BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright mauled The YRR of Chasyn Rance & Kenny King. YRR got squashed. Whitmer/Albright/Pearce's faction is named The Hangman Three.

10) Tyler Black NC Jack Evans. Evans came out and was attacked by Black to start an impromptu match. Necro Butcher and Jimmy Jacobs came out and attacked Jack. The match was then made a 6 man street fight with Irish Airborne being added. The match again ended in a no contest when Necro Butcher knocked out the referee. Wild ass brawl.

11) Delirious defeats Matt Sydal in a good (not great) match to end the show in a little over 20 minutes. Fans chanted "Thank you Sydal".

Montana

I knew this was going to be ppv of the year, sounds awesome. I think the ladder match will be moty. Several people have already claimed it was *****. Danielson vs Morshima...im kinda glad danielson didnt win, im awaiting Morishima vs Nigel vs Danielson. Roh is on fire this year, This could be the best year of any organization i can remember, although 94 roh was damn good too.

So Age of the Fall is Jacobs, Black, and Necro....Thats decent, better than WHitmore, pearce, and albright. I dont know why they said "cover your face" "black" and they did that, but i guess it was a swerve.

hbk4894

Reaction score
ROH PPV taping report 9-15 Chicago

by Keith Lipinski

Keith's first report from the show - ROH tonight is Matt Sydal's last night on the indies before reporting to WWE.

Pre-Show:

* Ernie Osirus & Silas Young d. Rhett Titus & Bobby Dempsey . Silas pinned Titus with an outstanding headstand into an arabian press. Big pops for Bobby Dempsey and for the finish of the match. Bobby was over huge and worked like a mini-Vader at times. He even got a pop for taking off his t-shirt.

* Keith reports there are about 20-30 guys in attendance wearing bandanas with ski-masks over them in the crowd.

Main Show:

* The open they shot for the PPV had Sweeney, Claudio and Nigel doing promos; then a man wearing a ski-mask and black hoodie jumped over the railing and got kicked out after getting on the mic to talk smack for all of two seconds.

* Four corner match to start the show. Nigel McGuinness v. Chris Hero v. Claudio Castagnoli v. Naomichi Marufuji. Sweet 'n Sour Larry Sweeney has a Bluetooth headset on! Very good stuff so far highlighted by a Nigel McGuinness top rope body press to the second row on Hero & Claudio. The other highlight of the match was Castagnoli and Marufuji giving each other claw holds. Nigel pins Claudio in 18:00 with a jawbreaker lariat in an excellent match. This match had everyone hitting everything and breaking up pinfalls like crazy. Hero played chickenshit throughout, never wanting to be in the ring with Claudio.

* After a coin flip to determine who goes next Rocky Romero v. Matt Cross is up. Romero wins in 4:45 with an awesome kick to the side of Cross' head. This was sold wonderfully as Matt was carried out. Cross got in a lot of offense before missing a spin off the top rope.

* Davey Richards v. Austin Aries is up. Started slow but built to a good pace and the crowd is into it. Eventually Aries wins with a 450 brainbuster off the top rope at 13:23. Decent to good heat by the end of this match. Austin did a beautiful tope to the outside during this match - he's lost bulk and looks really good. There was a heckler in the crowd yelling Benoit stuff and when Davey did a crossface the heckler screamed "Good night Daniel!" Keith's thoughts on this: "It's too soon."

More Keith quotes: "The crowd is sorta quiet for the last two matches. From my vantage point the crowd heat is good, but not great or anything like that. They are into it when it counts."

* Roderick Strong d. Erick Stevens at 16:26 with a Gibson driver coming after an awesome Razor's Edge by Roderick from the middle rope. Erick Stevens looked very good and the match featured a lot of chops.

World title match is up next! Crowd really woke up for Bryan Danielson. He came out to the ring with his eye patch on.

* Takeshi Morishima {C} defeats Bryan Danielson via referee stoppage at 12:43 to retain the ROH World Title. He took off Danielson's eyepatch and just leveled his face with elbows. Crowd was not at all happy with this decision. Very good match given one of two men had an eye patch on for most of it. Morishima did two backdrop drivers and Danielson did a nice armbar submission while hitting elbows on his head. The ladder match is up next!

* Jay & Mark Briscoe {C} defeat Kevin Steen & El Generico at 27:23 to retain the ROH Tag Titles. "Amazing match!" Project 161 is revealed! They are Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black and NECRO BUTCHER.

Very good post-match where they hung Jay Briscoe upside down and he bled buckets onto Jimmy Jacobs' white jacket. Great promo by Jacobs follows - he used the word DRUNKARDS during it. Totally insane! Jacobs promo goes a little long and the crowd chants BORING towards the end but still very good. Blood was falling all over Jacobs like nuts!

INTERMISSION

* In the first match after the break Mitch Franklin {C} defeats 'Sugarfoot' Alex Payne to retain the Top of the Class Trophy. The finish came at 2:25 with a faceplant powerbomb. Mitch cut his hair before this match. SHIMMER match is up next!
* Daizee Haze & Amazing Kong defeat Lacey & Sara Del Rey at 14:48 when Haze pinned Lacey. Very good match, Kong looked awesome here and it helped to hype SHIMMER a lot. Sara actually got Kong up for a german suplex!

* BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright defeat The YRR (Young, Rich & Ready For Action - Chasyn Rance & Kenny King) at 5:19. They hit a double team flapjack piledriver on Chasyn. BJ now looks like a lanky Steve Corino. Two funny moments here included Kenny King slipping on the top rope during a springboard and the crowd chanting F-I-P.

BJ Whitmer says he's "seen the light." Henceforth Whitmer and Albright declare a new group called HANGMEN 3 consisting of them AND Adam Pearce. Crowd loudly chants "NO MORE FACTIONS!"

* Tyler Black v. Jack Evans is NO CONTEST at 2:40 when Necro Butcher threw a chair at Jack as he tried a springboard to the outside.

* Irish Airborne & Jack Evans v. The Age of the Fall was ALSO NO CONTEST . Age of the Fall is the PROJECT from earlier - Tyler Black, Jimmy Jacobs and Necro Butcher. Match ended at 6:50 when Necro punched the referee in the mouth. Necro and Evans did a lot of spots together in this match. Keith believes the faction slash group slash whatever may in fact be called "Up and Up the Fall."

* Delirious defeats Matt Sydal at 21:52 when D hit Chemical Imbalance for the pin. Crowd heat was decent but everyone's been really tired since the ladder match. Good but not outstanding.

Keith: "Overall an incredible first half, and the second half could not compare unless somebody had died.

Soulpower

ROH Results from Boston:

The doors opened exactly at 7pm for the most packed I have seen the Reggie Lewis Center since ROH started running shows here. Most of the seats were filled and the bleachers were also pretty full. Pre-show started at 7:30 and here are the results:

*Local wrestler Bryan Fury defeated Sugarfoot Alex Payne via pinfall in a short but good match that got the crowd warmed up

*The second match got billed as The Battle Between Handsome and Sexy (I'm not kidding) as Handsome Johnny defeated The Sexiest Man Alive Rhett Titus. Tons of comedy spots and hard hitting action that got the fans into this match.

The main show starts exactly at 8pm

*Hangmen Three (Brent Albright and Adam Pearce with BJ Whitmer) defeated The Resilience (Matt Cross and Erik Stevens) - Really fun match with great spots by both teams that ended with Stevens
taking the pin after a ton of double teaming. BJ Whitmer then cuts a promo and calls out Delirious and we have a match...

*BJ Whitmer wins via pinfall with tons of interference by H3.

The Age of the Fall then comes out and cuts a promo that brings out Jay Briscoe. He brawls with Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs out into the lobby. This makes the four corners match a triple threat match....

*Nigel McGuinness defeated El Generico and Hallowicked - Really fun match that saw Nigel get the clean pin on Hallowicked following the Tower of London

*Claudio Castagnoli defeated Chris Hero - Tons of stalling by Hero and playing to the crowd. Kind of took the crowd out of the match. Claudio wins via European Uppercut.

After the match, Jay Biscoe and Necro Butcher brawl through the crowd. Everyone was really into it but being on the opposite side of the floor, the people in my section couldn't see the carnage that well. Their Anything Goes Match ends after Age of the Fall kidnaps Mark Briscoe and Necro Butcher
gives Jay a sidewalk slam through a chair. Post match Jay Briscoe gets into it with a fan wearing all black and a bandana over his face. Tons of screaming back and forth that made a lot of the crowd think the fan was a plant. [Note from Mike: I was told it wasn't by a source.] The altercation seemed heated and some fans thought the two would come to blows.

Intermission

*The Age of the Fall (Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs with Lacey) defeated the returning Pelle Primeau and Ernie Osiris in what was a total squash. Post match, Jay Briscoe runs off the Age of the Fall and interacts with the fan again before going to the back.

*Austin Aries defeated Bryan Danielson via submission is what was an off the charts match. This series for the #1 contender will be really fun. Go out of your way to pick up the DVD for this match.

-Jack Evans, Ruckus, and Jigsaw defeated The No Remorse Corps in what was a really fun and insane spotfest. Match ends after Jack hits the 630 splash on Romero. Crowd was super into this match.

-In the final match of the night, ROH World champion Takeshi Morishima defeated Kevin Steen with the backdrop driver. Steen got a lot of offense in and looked competitive. Midway through the match El Generico comes out to help cheer Steen. Post match, Steen and Generico teased a split.

Final Thoughts: Overall, another strong show in Boston and the crowd keeps growing every time ROH comes to town. Possibly better that Death Before Dishonor show we had last time they came into the market.

Soulpower

Results from tonight's PPV taping.

Preshow

1) Alex "Sugarfoot Payne & Ernie Osiris defeat Rhett Titus & Mitch Franklin.

Main Show
~Chris Hero vs Claudio Castagnoli to open. Larry Sweeney comes out and says there will be no match until his demands are met.

1) The Age of the Fall of Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black defeat The Vulture Squad of Jack Evans & Ruckus when Jacobs beats Evans with a Contra Code.

2) Daizee Haze defeats Sara Del Rey with a rollup scoring the upset.

~Sweet N' Sour Inc. out to the ring to cut a promo, but is cut off by Dragon. Danielson challenges Hero, and the match is ON!

3) Bryan Danielson defeats Chris Hero via ref stoppage after Dragon continuously kicked Hero's head in with boots.

~Adam Pearce comes to the ring and calls out Kevin Steen. Pearce asks Steen to join the Hangmen's Three, and they carry out an unconscious El Generico. They demand Steen attacks Generico. Steen ponders it, then attacks the Hangmen's Three. Delirious enters, and the six man tag is on.

4) The Hangmen's Three of Adam Pearce, Brent Albright, and BJ Whitmer defeat Delirious, Kevin Steen, and El Generico when Albright pinned Delirious following a half nelson suplex.

5) Austin Aries defeats Roderick Strong with a brainbuster through a table and a 450 splash

6) NIGEL MCGUINNESS DEFEATS TAKESHI MORISHIMA WITH A JAWBREAKER LARIAT TO BECOME THE 10TH RING OF HONOR WORLD CHaaMPION!!!!

7) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Jigsaw with a European Uppercut.

8) NRC over Resilience. Cross takes the pin and must leave ROH for 60 days.

9) Necro Butcher defeats Jay Briscoe in an anything goes match. At one point there were 20-30 chairs in the ring. Necro won with a side suplex in to some chairs. The Age of the Fall brought Mark out and tied him in barbed wire.

The Rated R CMStar

Finally Niguel Mcguinnes is ROH champion. It was a long short coming and it now has finally happened

Reaction score
nigel Is Champ!!! Fuck Yesssss!!!!!! I Marked Out Like Fucking Crazy When I Read That!!!!!! Fuckkk Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nigel! Nigel! Nigel!!!!! yeaaa!!! Roh! Roh! Roh!

NIGEL IS ROH WORLD CHAMP!!!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I still can't believe he won the title, My god this is fucking awesome.

I thought Morishima would hold the belt until next year and then lose it Nigel but I'm glad it happened when it did.

Montana

And NEWWWW ring of honor world champion....Nigel Mcguiness!

wow, looks like a great show, Plus Aries beat strong. Thats a big matchup. Hangman 3 is looking good so far. I dont think any of them have lost yet.