Rock Not On Raw / Walked Out / Injured

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

All Rock did in 99 was brawls so yeah lol. Maybe he doesn't want to do those kind of matches at this stage of his career in fear of getting hurt though that would be kind of funny considering he has been hurt twice working a safe style.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Makes no sense because he and Punk were more so brawls than wrestling. Even the shield attacking him was wild, they busted him up a bit and he was fine

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Last year he was injured during his match with Cena as well. Two matches with Cena, two injuries. When he wrestled Punk he never got injured and his matches were more expansive so what does that tell us?

Can't believe that some people thought he had run out on WWE. He has done so much for the company coming back during the time he is a massive movie star and people question his committment! Please he doesn't have to wrestle but he has given WWE five matches over the past two years to help them out.What I will say is that it would have been nice for them to maybe cut a promo with him after WM to play on RAW, have him in the doctors office, say that he is injured and that he will be back once he is healed.

Thats your take, but I don't see how he did it for WWE, he did it because they gave him a good pay day and because he couldn't resist the spotlight. For me Rock lost his passion for wrestling years ago.

Rock was a very good brawler, but also did enough good wrestling moves to make it work, you stick to your strengths. Cena's brawling is awful and a big part of why fans don't take his matches serious, imo he is best when booked in gimmick bouts such the last man standing match VS. Umaga in 2007 or TLC VS. Edge in 06.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Cena vs HBK, any of them, especially the one hour match, want a word with you as those weren't gimmick matches, just Cena working with a mix of brawling /wrestling.

You don't see how a guy whose appeared on what at least 20 Raws and not ever gotten paid is doing the company a solid? I mean he's bumped even on the shows and not got a dime, but the tickets he sells and viewers he's drawn put money in the pockets of the roster. Kane even basically said people need to stop bitching backstage and get that he/Taker/Brock/HHH promote business and get everyone more eyes watching them and money in their pockets.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Thats your take, but I don't see how he did it for WWE, he did it because they gave him a good pay day and because he couldn't resist the spotlight. For me Rock lost his passion for wrestling years ago.

Rock was a very good brawler, but also did enough good wrestling moves to make it work, you stick to your strengths. Cena's brawling is awful and a big part of why fans don't take his matches serious, imo he is best when booked in gimmick bouts such the last man standing match VS. Umaga in 2007 or TLC VS. Edge in 06.

He doesn't need the money. He earns tens of millions a year doing movies, $36 million last year according to Forbes, way more than he can get from WWE so money isn't a factor. In fact by wrestling he is jeapordising his movie career and potentially costing himself tens of millions of dollars. An injury, like the one he suffered last night, could cost him the spot in a big movie, like Hercules. With regards to the spotlight many, many more people will see him in Fast Five than in WWE. If he wanted the spotlight he would have stayed in Hollywood and wouldn't have put his movie career at risk. He isn't doing it for money since he can earn a hell of a lot more elsewhere, he isn't doing it for the spotlight as the spotlight is bigger elsewhere he is doing it because he loves wrestling and is giving back at a time when WWE desperately need him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

He doesn't need the money. He earns tens of millions a year doing movies, $36 million last year according to Forbes, way more than he can get from WWE so money isn't a factor. In fact by wrestling he is jeapordising his movie career and potentially costing himself tens of millions of dollars. An injury, like the one he suffered last night, could cost him the spot in a big movie, like Hercules. With regards to the spotlight many, many more people will see him in Fast Five than in WWE. If he wanted the spotlight he would have stayed in Hollywood and wouldn't have put his movie career at risk. He isn't doing it for money since he can earn a hell of a lot more elsewhere, he isn't doing it for the spotlight as the spotlight is bigger elsewhere he is doing it because he loves wrestling and is giving back at a time when WWE desperately need him.

I know he earns more for movies, but that doesn't change the fact that the WWE matches are well paid perks on top of what he makes in Hollywood. I meant spotlight in terms of the big match feel of wrestings, and over shadowery the likes of Cena.

I don't buy he is risking his Hollywood career, most actors only make two or three films a year, and he is only a part-time wrestler so there is no reason why he can't do both.

I am not knocking the guy, he has done very well for himself and his WWE comeback has been a sucess, but I just think it is neive to think he is doing it because of passion.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

I know he earns more for movies, but that doesn't change the fact that the WWE matches are well paid perks on top of what he makes in Hollywood. I meant spotlight in terms of the big match feel of wrestings, and over shadowery the likes of Cena.

I don't buy he is risking his Hollywood career, most actors only make two or three films a year, and he is only a part-time wrestler so there is no reason why he can't do both.

I am not knocking the guy, he has done very well for himself and his WWE comeback has been a sucess, but I just think it is neive to think he is doing it because of passion.

Wrestling is a pretty risky sport as has been shown in The Rock's last two WM matches where he was injured in seemingly harmless matches. If he doesn't heal up soon enough from these current injuries it could push back production for Hercules and if it threatens to push it back too much he could be replaced. Hollywood is a fickle place and he needs to make money whilst he is a hot commodity and that is why he has four movies out this year and is already booked to film a couple more. A long term injury from wrestling could harm that career.

I just don't like how everyone thinks he is back just for the money and for himself when clearly there is no need for him to wrestle ever again. He is doing it for more than money and the spotlight. There has to be some passion there otherwise he would have just hosted the show again and protected himself from any risk.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

For what its worth Cena reportedly had food poisoning and a broken thumb too at mania. These guys might not be meant to be around one another karma wise lol

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

And another injury report has Punk with a hurt knee, Brock a concussion, and Trips with third degree burns from the dried ice sticking to him in his entrance

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Amazing how well that Lesnar/HHH match turned out after Lesnar was concussed within a couple of minutes. I remember seeing him dropped on his head at the time but he never really slowed down after that. Just shows how good both guys are as workers to work through it together.

AF.

Reaction score
If people can't see that The Rock genuinely loves the WWE and the fans and that he isn't back for the money then you are all delusional. Rock and Brock are quite the opposites. Brock is back for that big payday yet everybody loves him for it, and Rock is back for the right reasons yet everybody gives him flack for it.

Reactions: 1 person

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Tought this should go here as his injury has impacted his schedule of promoting Pain and Gain and filming Hercules. A

Dwayne Johnson ✔ @TheRock

Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kind of bummed out I missed this thread, Keith went full mark itt.

Anyone bring up the insane schedule he had during his road to Mania? It would burn anyone out, and even if he doesn't return this year or even retires for good, noone has the right to bitch about him, because he gave WWE everything he possibly could, and brought the business itself into a light that it hasn't used in....Evar. Is WWE used in the negative light it has been since 07? No. Thank Dwayne Johnson for that. Has WWE been getting bigger buyrates since WM27? Yep...Thank Dwayne Johnson for that.

He is legit hurt, and didn't walk out on the company btw. Legit scared he might not be able to do Hercules because of abdomen tear and wanted to get the real deal on his injury.

some peoples kids.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I don't really care if he's there for the payday, or the company, the fans, or whatever. The guy has spent half his life earning that payday, boosted
the company to heights never before seen, and entertained fans like no one before or since. Whatever his reasons for coming back, he's more than
earned it.

It does suck that he wasn't on Raw though. I hope his injuries don't keep him off the air for too long.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There is said to be a strong disconnect between The Rock and WWE right now, although no side will admit it publicly.

Some people within WWE feel that The Rock didn't do right by the company with his most recent a run. With that said, a source adds that there will always be people in WWE saying those kinds of things about The Rock.

Regarding the disconnect between Rock and WWE officials, the feeling is that everything will be smoothed out over time.
Seems legit, putting over the #1 guy and embracing him for the fans = not doing right.