Rock Not On Raw / Walked Out / Injured

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Re: Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

More than Cena? My ass. Cena has done more than anyone in the history of the company. The only people that could possibly compare to Cena is Austin or Hogan. But its a fact that Cena has done more. I'm not even that big of a Cena fan. Rock was there, and big for what, 5 years before he went off? What did that do for the company exactly? Don't pull that ratings crap either. Rock has A LOT of help to draw ratings. He had Foley, Triple H, Undertaker, Austin, McMahon, Michaels, and the like. It wasn't just Rock pulling in ratings. Cena has almost no help in the current day. He had Batista for a while, then Orton, now Punk. That's all.

The only people that think he did more than anyone for the company are the fan boys who are so far up Rock's ass that they can't even see the truth.

Hilarious, truly hilarious. I'm not even talking about what Rock HAS done, I'm talking about what he's been doing recently. He's brought more attention to the product. He's probably boosted the ratings more than Cena could have hoped for. Cena is the face of the company at a very convenient time. It's the PG era where kids are the focal point for WWE now. Cena can play to the kids very easily. I mean shit, look at how over Brodus Clay is. Rock has done more for WWE right now than Cena has recently. I'm not shitting on anyone either, I'm simply saying that Rock has pulled in the ratings and all that fancy stuff. But I'm stuck in this shithole so maybe I've lost touch with the outside world. 8D

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Lets be clear about two things.

First let me get it out the way and say Cena is a great guy, a workhorse, clean cut, great image guy, and who loves the company. I can't take it away from him, nor can anyone who chants Cena sucks. He's done a lot for the company and the business as a worker and ambassador.

that brings me to point two, which focuses on rock. If it weren't for a guy like Rock, Cena wouldn't be working for the damn wwe. Rock is a guy that built wwf up and helped kill off any major threat there was. He is the guy who without Austin and without Foley, was the face of the company in the early millennium vs HHH the heel. He broke ground for wrestlers, shattered glass ceilings, and got them into realms like MTV. He is the reason wrestlers can enter Hollywood, guys like Jericho can be taken into the music world, and wwe studios has the ability to even ask a Halle to sign on for their films. He's a success, a champion, a guy who literally didnt ever have to give anything back to the company, but he did. He came back when it could only hurt him, it could only hurt the credibility he had built up, it could only hurt his body and possibly cost him millions, and it wasnt about money. If it was about money, he would actually get paid for Raws he work and not just ppvs as Vince openly said to his stockholders, Rock hasn't took one check for TV just ppvs, a guy who is about money would want that cut don't you think for the tickets he sells to raw or the viewers he draws in? A guy who is unreliable wouldnt work his schedule to fit in wwe when it isn't necessary at all to him, let alone appear on most Raws before mania when he could make much more money off selling movies. Rock is many things but unreliable isn't one, as he's bent over backwards for the company and his fans while also keeping every commitment that he has ever made to Hollywood, it's the exact opposite of being unreliable as he keeps every commitment he makes like a man and unlike that stupid boy in your avatar.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Lets be clear about two things.

First let me get it out the way and say Cena is a great guy, a workhorse, clean cut, great image guy, and who loves the company. I can't take it away from him, nor can anyone who chants Cena sucks. He's done a lot for the company and the business as a worker and ambassador.

that brings me to point two, which focuses on rock. If it weren't for a guy like Rock, Cena wouldn't be working for the damn wwe. Rock is a guy that built wwf up and helped kill off any major threat there was. He is the guy who without Austin and without Foley, was the face of the company in the early millennium vs HHH the heel. He broke ground for wrestlers, shattered glass ceilings, and got them into realms like MTV. He is the reason wrestlers can enter Hollywood, guys like Jericho can be taken into the music world, and wwe studios has the ability to even ask a Halle to sign on for their films. He's a success, a champion, a guy who literally didnt ever have to give anything back to the company, but he did. He came back when it could only hurt him, it could only hurt the credibility he had built up, it could only hurt his body and possibly cost him millions, and it wasnt about money. If it was about money, he would actually get paid for Raws he work and not just ppvs as Vince openly said to his stockholders, Rock hasn't took one check for TV just ppvs, a guy who is about money would want that cut don't you think for the tickets he sells to raw or the viewers he draws in? A guy who is unreliable wouldnt work his schedule to fit in wwe when it isn't necessary at all to him, let alone appear on most Raws before mania when he could make much more money off selling movies. Rock is many things but unreliable isn't one, as he's bent over backwards for the company and his fans while also keeping every commitment that he has ever made to Hollywood, it's the exact opposite of being unreliable as he keeps every commitment he makes like a man and unlike that stupid boy in your avatar.
But he only came back so he could get movie bookings because his career was in the pits before the WWE took him back :(

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

- WWE announced on RAW tonight that The Rock won't be on the show because he was injured at WrestleMania 29. Rock tweeted:

"In the middle of last nights Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & adductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job. But as we know.."

"..It's all about #JustBringIt. WWE Universe THANK YOU for all the love & well wishes. Means everything to me. #LeaveItAllInTheRing"

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

So he didn't go missing afterall? Jeez i'm shocked.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Last year he was injured during his match with Cena as well. Two matches with Cena, two injuries. When he wrestled Punk he never got injured and his matches were more expansive so what does that tell us?

Can't believe that some people thought he had run out on WWE. He has done so much for the company coming back during the time he is a massive movie star and people question his committment! Please he doesn't have to wrestle but he has given WWE five matches over the past two years to help them out.

What I will say is that it would have been nice for them to maybe cut a promo with him after WM to play on RAW, have him in the doctors office, say that he is injured and that he will be back once he is healed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Now that RAW has finished we see that CM Punk didn't appear on RAW, how pathetic of him. Just because he lost last night to the Undertaker he packs his bags and goes home :rollseyes: So what if he was injured last night he still should have been there. Note: sarcasm

For all those that were hating on Rock for not appearing due to him rehabing an injury is there equal hatred for Punk for basically doing the same thing?

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Punk v Taker was the only match the raised WM above average. He can take as long as he wants.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Glad it didn't happen I see no need for this match and I see no need to set it up so early.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Last year he was injured during his match with Cena as well. Two matches with Cena, two injuries. When he wrestled Punk he never got injured and his matches were more expansive so what does that tell us?

Can't believe that some people thought he had run out on WWE. He has done so much for the company coming back during the time he is a massive movie star and people question his committment! Please he doesn't have to wrestle but he has given WWE five matches over the past two years to help them out.

What I will say is that it would have been nice for them to maybe cut a promo with him after WM to play on RAW, have him in the doctors office, say that he is injured and that he will be back once he is healed.
It is a sign that Rock vs Cena doesn't need to happen again, but yeah I thought about that as well. Interesting to say the least.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

It is a sign that Rock vs Cena doesn't need to happen again, but yeah I thought about that as well. Interesting to say the least.

They don't have good chemistry at all. Both Punk matches were better and it helped that they took more risks in those matches as well. Hopefully WWE realise that there is no real need for a third but I doubt it as they will want to book a rematch for the title.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

This is what happens when you have two guys Greco roman wrestle with one another when both are brawlers. I never really got the point of them staying in the ring full time both matches

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

That is why I compared it to Triple H/Orton. Normal matches are so meh but put Trips and Orton in a match where they can destroy each other with weapons and you'll get a fun match. Same probably would apply to Cena/Rock. Probably still won't be great but would be a lot better.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I can think of plenty great Rock brawls, same with Cena. But they booked the match like Rock Hogan 1, in the ring

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Damn. Was hoping some fucked up drama would come of this so I could bag on Rock for not wanting to put Brock over like every Rock mark likes to bag on Austin for 8D