Rock Not On Raw / Walked Out / Injured

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
THere is apparently widespread panic going on backstage at Raw all day today

Hopefully I've wasted enough space so that this won't show up on the recent posts section of the thread

Source: F4WOnline
- There is said to be absolute panic at RAW this afternoon. Tonight's show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up The Rock to set up a WrestleMania XXX main event.
The Rock is not at RAW and word going around is he went home. Vince McMahon and WWE writers and producers are busy re-doing the show and apparently the angle has been nixed.

Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. The belief now is that Rock won't be appearing tonight

Read more: Major Concern Backstage At Tonight's RAW, The Rock Angle Nixed?, More Details - WrestlingInc.com

Take it for what it's worth coming from a dirt sheet, but this does not sound good

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Re: Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

I didn't think it was actually going to happen! Would be kind of cool if it did.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Here is more to the story.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

According to PWInsider.com, there is major backstage concern at Raw right now as The Rock is scheduled to appear on the show, however he is not backstage at The IZOD Center and is reportedly nowhere to be found.

Original plans for the show tonight called for The Rock to open Raw with a promo about losing the title at WrestleMania last night. He would then be interrupted by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman and Lesnar would lay him out, planting the seeds for a rumored match between Rock and Lesnar at WrestleMania 30.

As a result of The Rock not being at Raw right now, the show is being completely re-written and the angle between Rock and Lesnar is in jeopardy of being scratched. The mood backstage at Raw right now is being described as completely "chaotic."

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

This is hilarious.

Also a chance (Maybe I'm just trying to be positive) that WWE is working us (s)marks like crazy. They manage to do this at least a couple times a year.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Thing I'm wondering the most is Rock pissed off about something or was there just a total breakdown in communication? Kind of leaning toward the 2nd thing since he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to pull what Austin pulled years ago. Either way this is just weird if this is true.

Killz

Reaction score

Interesting. 2 things spring to mind. The first is a typical IWC angle that will be played up on the show and lead to the Rock returning after filming for whatever (Hercules?) and the eventual decider. AKA this is storyline work leak to the internets.

The other is what it seems to be reporting as fact and that miscommunication (or just...deciding to bolt? doesn't seem as likely) has lead to a re-write of Raw which I think makes tonights Raw unmissable because, with the extra eyes on the product now because of 'mania and the usual ratings spike the night after, they're going to have to do something memorable.

EDIT: Work or not, Cena now NEEDS to say "Rock lost, took his ball, and went home" on tonights show.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Work or not, Cena now NEEDS to say "Rock lost, took his ball, and went home" on tonights show.
He really doesn't. He got what he wanted, he even got a fricking hug and handshake to try and put him over, he needs to be frigging humble and respectful.

Will see how this angle plays out because i'm pretty sure everything Rock related has been planned meticulously so I wouldn't imagine he or the WWE have pulled a fast one on one another.

Killz

Reaction score

He really doesn't. He got what he wanted, he even got a fricking hug and handshake to try and put him over, he needs to be frigging humble and respectful.

Will see how this angle plays out because i'm pretty sure everything Rock related has been planned meticulously so I wouldn't imagine he or the WWE have pulled a fast one on one another.

Ah dude I was sort of joking...just as a little homage to Rocks speech about WWE being his home...but you know what, I'll bite.

IF, and only IF, this is NOT a work (and I suspect it is) of course you'd do your best to pat yourself on the back because if Rock bolts and the IWC gets hold of it every smart fan in every smart city they go to will rip on Rock and if Cena could use that to boost his popularity with a certain demographic, why not?

But you're right in 9 scenarios out of 10, Cena should play the humble victor.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

I don't know if this is in any way true, but that's pretty funny. I can't imagine Rock just going home like that, if it is true then it must have been one big misunderstanding.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Latest update is saying that he may have suffered an injury during the match last night but there are no further details about the injury or his whereabouts......

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

I would laugh my ass off he straight up left them. That's what you get WWE for trying to put your company on the back of an unreliable part timer. He's more worried about putting himself, and his movies over than he is the company. Cena becoming champion again was the best thing to happen to them. Rock had his little title reign to stoke his ego. Now he can leave us all alone and go back to Hollywood.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro

This is Austin's chance to show up and say that Rock took his ball and went home. Ha.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Haha, I think Tapout is mad at Rock or something here. He did a lot more for the company than any of the current roster, just putting that out there.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

Haha, I think Tapout is mad at Rock or something here. He did a lot more for the company than any of the current roster, just putting that out there.

More than Cena? My ass. Cena has done more than anyone in the history of the company. The only people that could possibly compare to Cena is Austin or Hogan. But its a fact that Cena has done more. I'm not even that big of a Cena fan. Rock was there, and big for what, 5 years before he went off? What did that do for the company exactly? Don't pull that ratings crap either. Rock has A LOT of help to draw ratings. He had Foley, Triple H, Undertaker, Austin, McMahon, Michaels, and the like. It wasn't just Rock pulling in ratings. Cena has almost no help in the current day. He had Batista for a while, then Orton, now Punk. That's all.

The only people that think he did more than anyone for the company are the fan boys who are so far up Rock's ass that they can't even see the truth.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Rock is unreliable, yet you wear a Bourne avatar? The fuck is that shit about!

Reactions: 2 people