Robin Williams

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Confirmed for moron with this post.

You hit rock bottom with that
3c927dd18127dd51fcab4c9d2199a652.gif

lol i was going to hate but glad i let you handle it now.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm not surprised to learn he suffered from depression. Many comedians do and this is largely where the inspiration for their comedy comes from. I was never really much of a fan (at least in terms of the comedic work that he's most known for... my favorite roles of his were the serious ones in films like Insomnia and One Hour Photo), but R.I.P.

As for the expected "suicide is the easy way out, hurr durr" comments, you can't possibly know how bad someone has it or what's going on inside their heads. It's all relative and it can't be measured in any tangible way to another person. Not that I'm an advocate of suicide per se, but if someone genuinely thinks that they'd be better off dead than alive, it's their choice. Not coincidentally, most of the people who are usually very judgmental of suicide are the ones who have never gone through any type of hardship that would make them want to kill themselves in the first place.

Reactions: Ovaldinho

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
in regards to a portion of this thread...

RIP to Robin Williams, I've seen Peter Pan but that's it IIRC, shame as he seemed talented enough.

And @Tsar , I get you're anti suicide, whatever that's your belief, but you're the same person who said to bury someone alive for the death penalty, if someone ending their own life is so bad, then why should the death penalty exist (ending someone's life wouldn't bring back the dead persons life anyway). I think next time you'd benefit from thinking before you make such an ill-timed post, shitty judgement tbh.

Reactions: Forrest OAKADA

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
One hour photo was a fantastic movie, such a shame he reached the stage where suicide was seen as a viable option.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just watched the Fisher King with Jeff fuckin' Bridges and Robin Williams this morn. How the hell did I miss that gem?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Depression is a proven neurological disorder, what isn't is suicidal actions for being depressed. I know family members who have lost their homes in natural disasters and in return they're being sued. Suicide should never be an option when trying to relive yourself from the depression.

Not everyone is the same,people have different thresholds to what makes something seem like an option.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Depression is a proven neurological disorder, what isn't is suicidal actions for being depressed. I know family members who have lost their homes in natural disasters and in return they're being sued. Suicide should never be an option when trying to relive yourself from the depression.
If the world was filled with people that handled situations similarly, it'd be a pretty dull world imo.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I actually think we had a discussion on here on whether or not we should be able to choose the right to die, and if there could be a legal medical way to do it.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I actually think we had a discussion on here on whether or not we should be able to choose the right to die, and if there could be a legal medical way to do it.
True enough, but I guess overdosing technically goes as far as medical way of it goes, albeit not legal.