Raw 7/18/11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
that is the dumbest thing I've read here in a while. It voids the Cena/Punk build? Dude, the feud is over (as far as we know), wtf is Vince supposed to do, NOT HAVE a WWE Champion?

How is that dumb? The whole point of Vince being paranoid about having Punk in the title match was because he was afraid that Punk was going to walk out with the title. It would be too big of a risk to let him in the match, that's why he didn't in the first place, but Cena convinced him to. So all that goes down the drain with that tourney. What's the point of having the tourney if they are fighting for something that isn't in their possession? It's just dumb.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Again I ask, since Punk is gone, wtf are they supposed to do? Not have a champion? SOrry guys, nope, no WWE champ anymore.

...god...

Reaction score
he's gone :(

he tried apologizing for us indirectly for the shitty 5 years we've had saying it was a long term business decision. you know what? just for MITB last night i forgive him :(
Uh, I don't, you can't be serious?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Again I ask, since Punk is gone, wtf are they supposed to do? Not have a champion? SOrry guys, nope, no WWE champ anymore.

Ummm yes. Make it realistic and fuck the brand split. Have the world title as the only major title. The way it should be in the first place.

...god...

Reaction score
that's AWFUL and wouldn't work, the WWE would end up worse than TNA. Far too much talent and wrestlers to have one title. And just because they made a new title doesn't mean it's as credible as the other, the fans are still expected to see that this title means far less and it'd obviously be brought into play when Punk comes back and would claim he's the 'real' champion which would commence into some unification feud. None of that even matters right now since a champion wasn't even crowned nor do we know if one will be.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
No.

First off, they need to cut a lot of the roster anyways (like what was supposed to happen after WM but it didn't). And second, they are so low right now on actual main eventers that having only one title would be perfectly fine. Cena, Orton, Christian, and Miz are your top guys atm, with Rey, Truth, Henry, ADR, Bryan, and Sheamus ready to step up at a moments notice. Midcard is fine. They had that number of guys 10 years ago when there was only one title and HHH, Rock, Austin, Foley, Taker, and Angle as your main guys with Jericho, Benoit, Show, Kane, etc able to be there as well. Lets not get carried away here and act stupid.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I cant believe they gave the WHC to Christian the first time, it totally killed that whole Edge/ADR build :roll: Vince McMahon and the WWE gave the fans exactly what they wanted, to see something genuinely shocking. And instead of enjoying not only that but the next logical conclusion re-establishing the title via one of the greatest things in wrestling a single elimination tournament, you're fucking nitpicking. Look, I may not like that CM Punk is gone "allegedly" and I may not like finalists in this tournament; but if you havent found this whole thing entertaining then you don't know what a compelling story is.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
How is that dumb? The whole point of Vince being paranoid about having Punk in the title match was because he was afraid that Punk was going to walk out with the title. It would be too big of a risk to let him in the match, that's why he didn't in the first place, but Cena convinced him to. So all that goes down the drain with that tourney. What's the point of having the tourney if they are fighting for something that isn't in their possession? It's just dumb.

The point is that Vince is delusional and that's why he was relieved of his duties. He couldn't come to agreement with CM Punk over his contract because he despised Punk for being able to grow into a star on his own who could rip his company from under him. He "thought" about getting a new champion in, but the board stopped him and sent Triple H out there (remember the "Sorry I couldn't make it here before you came out here" talk?). C'mon man, you're REALLY reaching to discredit this past month, for nothing. It's not over with, it has hardly even started. And if you don't think they've got some cards up their sleeves (like Jericho, as well as bringing Punk back), you're off beat. And I'm willing to bet we not only see Austin back on TV soon... but I'm sure the anonymous GM gets exposed coming up soon... or they get ousted and bring in a new GM...

...you're not only discrediting last month off a night that gotten written up as pointless anyways having Vince dethroned (not to mention next week left open for ANYTHING to happen), but you're writing off all the potential this storyline has moving forward...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I think Kaedon's right. It makes sense to crown a new champion. When Punk comes back, and he will, there's no way he hasn't signed a contract, he'll come back as the "real world's champion" and they will build a feud between him and whoever is the champ at that time.

The Cena/Punk feud isn't over, but even when Punk comes back it won't pick back up immediately. By that time Cena and Rock will be doing their thing getting ready for Wrestlemania.

Kaedon

Reaction score
^^ That's exactly what was supposed to happen with Hogan/Jarrett at Bash At The Beach, which would have been fucking phenomenal. Hogan comes back to face whoever the champion is. Allegedly they had a huge fucking tournament all lined up but Russo threw it all right down the shitter. Yet another reason why I don't like that fuck.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I cant believe they gave the WHC to Christian the first time, it totally killed that whole Edge/ADR build :roll: Vince McMahon and the WWE gave the fans exactly what they wanted, to see something genuinely shocking. And instead of enjoying not only that but the next logical conclusion re-establishing the title via one of the greatest things in wrestling a single elimination tournament, you're fucking nitpicking. Look, I may not like that CM Punk is gone "allegedly" and I may not like finalists in this tournament; but if you havent found this whole thing entertaining then you don't know what a compelling story is.

Having Christian win the title in that ladder match is nowhere near on the same lines as creating a new champion, when the championship isn't in your company anymore. It did pretty much kill ADR's cred after that though. Not complaining though because I really don't care for the guy in the first place.

And I never said I haven't found this whole thing entertaining. It's my favorite build and storyline in years, possibly ever. I'm just upset with him they came off the PPV with what they did on Raw. That's all. And like I saw a few pages back, I'll wait a few more weeks to see how this plays out, but I'm not liking it so far. The HHH/Vince stuff adds a nice touch of intrigue, but the whole rest of the show was just blah if you want to look at the story of it. And if it ends up with Punk returning to face a guy like ADR or Cena who has the "fake" belt, then that would be fine and I'd be all for it. Again, as I said, I'm just not happy with how they decided to book the first night after a historic PPV.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Im hearing alot of bitching about the raw tourney for the new WWE title latley and I dont get it. All I can remember hearing before was that there was a lack of tournaments and that they should do more one show tourneys even make it a PPV concept, so we finally get a pretty decent tourney, and everyones looking wayy past that and looking at it as "a discredit to the WWE title" but idk at least its good that everyones being worked because like Vince said no ones bigger than the WWE, Punk did not leave the company with their most prestegious title, its rediculous to even think theyd give him the strap on his way out. This new WWE title isnt gonna be anything.

...god...

Reaction score
loool yeah, lets fire half the roster. Hey, you're all unemployed now because of some wrestling angle, hf. They going to go to FCW? That's the only stupid thinking here. And btw, there was also a legit tag division back then, not nearly as many singles wrestlers who as it is don't even get promo time.

Reaction score
The point is that Vince is delusional and that's why he was relieved of his duties. He couldn't come to agreement with CM Punk over his contract because he despised Punk for being able to grow into a star on his own who could rip his company from under him. He "thought" about getting a new champion in, but the board stopped him and sent Triple H out there (remember the "Sorry I couldn't make it here before you came out here" talk?). C'mon man, you're REALLY reaching to discredit this past month, for nothing. It's not over with, it has hardly even started. And if you don't think they've got some cards up their sleeves (like Jericho, as well as bringing Punk back), you're off beat. And I'm willing to bet we not only see Austin back on TV soon... but I'm sure the anonymous GM gets exposed coming up soon... or they get ousted and bring in a new GM...

...you're not only discrediting last month off a night that gotten written up as pointless anyways having Vince dethroned (not to mention next week left open for ANYTHING to happen), but you're writing off all the potential this storyline has moving forward...

+5. And that's why you're the best wrestling poster right now.