RAW 5/2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It was the WWE title...

That's his special surprise "JUST" for Rock? Sounds like it woulda been a "surprise" for "everyone"... I was expecting a confrontation or run in or something. That was atrocious then...

...god...

Reaction score
That's his special surprise "JUST" for Rock? Sounds like it woulda been a "surprise" for "everyone"... I was expecting a confrontation or run in or something. That was atrocious then...
Except he told him he was going to specifically defend it against him at WM WHEN he still keeps it. Sounds like a great upcoming 10 months, pretty sure we've seen it in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^That's true. All of Cena's title promos are so obnoxiously identical it's ridiculous. Sure, we're supposed to have short-term memories and all, but come on now!

Airfixx

Reaction score
So you're conjecture is based on what people haven't yet said about Cena yet defend the countless reports of triple h being a stalin back in 03 to 05. Go read monks stories from the writters themselves, trips was a hogan esque prick sans the drawing power hogan had.

I read Monks post yesterday.... As I recall just 1 of the 10 things was about HHH, yet no detail about him burying other people. ---->

Seriously, I wrote how much? Asked how many genuine questions to develop the debate? ...And that's all you come back with?

You've not succesfully refuted anything I've said.... The crux of which is that whilst you claim Cena is not a politic-er, I say there's no proof either way, just like ULTIMATELY there's no genuine proof that HHH is an eveil satanic bastard.

I think it's all but certain that in say five years or so once more guys from the Cena-era leave the company you'll start to hear bitching about Cena too.

You can trash HHH as much as you like and it won't change how plausible my prediction is.

Reaction score
All I'm saying is there evidence and reports to back the Triple H claims, your entire argument is based on conjecture. And yes, a lot of it is rumors and ex staff interviews, but wrestlers who are still active can't bitch about the guy, why would you want to burn your bridge to the biggest company on the planet? Sure people wll probably trash Cena, who doesn't trash Flair or Hogan? Just like trips, they had booking power, cena doesn't and that's why there are lacking reports to his offscreen persona.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ It's ALL conjecture & speculation, FFS!!!

(Damn I wish I could make that flash in neon fucking lites!)

...I mean, there's still PLENTY of peeps that speak well of Hogan, Flair, Piper, Hunter or whoever. In this case you CHOOSE to believe the negative shit. Fair enough, I'm not condemning you for that. (My addressing you misconstruing my earlier comments about Cena being "protected" is where all this spiralled from anyway.)

As to your last point... I have no idea whether Cena has booking power/sway (or whether he will have in the future) and I doubt, if you're honest about it, that you do either, but i'd hazzard a GUESS that he does or will like every #1 guy does sooner or later.... Hogan, Bret, HBK, SCSA, Hunter.......

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
To be fair, Cena also isn't the future owner, as well as the son-in-law of the CEO. I believe Trips has made quite a few folks look bad for seemingly just because he can and he's a dick *cough cough, London & Kendrick* and to say he doesn't have more power than everyone else is totally asinine or very naive. I think saying "it's all conjecture" when so many people that have worked with him have said similar things isn't really being honest with yourself at this point, lol.

In Airfixx's defense I remember reading somewhere from an anonymous (So I take this with a proverbial grain of salt) wrestler talked about in '03 after Vince gave everyone a speech about "grabbing the brass ring", ruthless aggression basically, Cena was the guy that got in Vince's ear and buried people and basically didn't do anything in the ring to earn his push, according to anonymous.

I'm sure there are more stories we don't know about quite yet, I'm on neither one side nor the other on whether Cena has abused any stroke he has.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I believe Trips has made quite a few folks look bad for seemingly just because he can and he's a dick

Again, belief rather than knowledge...

Rhetorically speaking (I'm not saying we should turn this thread in to a HHH casebook!), at least present a case that may sway opposing beliefs (or even 'neutrals' - which is more-so what I am in this scenario.).

*cough cough, London & Kendrick*

...So what's the rumour here then? Fill me in if you can be arsed.

In advance, one thing I will say is that it would be no suprise to me that, in an era of the wellness policy, a notorious pot-head like London caught flack from the management(*) here and there... (*And let's face it HHH IS all but just that...)

and to say he doesn't have more power than everyone else is totally asinine or very naive.

I didn't, so no worries there...

I think saying "it's all conjecture" when so many people that have worked with him have said similar things isn't really being honest with yourself at this point, lol.

I don't go endlessly dredging through the internet for titbits of old gossip and rumours and in fact had probably never bothered to log onto a wrestling wesbsite prior to signing up IWF back in 2007. I'd be prepared to take on board any compelling 'evidence' presented to mne by any of the HHH haters, but in said years on the net I've heard little more than "Awww he buried RVD", "he buried Scott Steiner", "He buried masked Kane" when the underlining sentiment there really is "he beat a guy that I wanted to see beat him" or "he had the WHC for too long during 2003"... I mean, Enzo (who's clearly a credible poster) still only went as far as to say certain rumours correlate with what we saw on TV (No examples, no substantiation) and as already said above, in terms of 'straight from the horses' mouth comments (i.e. shoot interviews), I see the usual mix of positive and negative comment that you would about any long term top guy. I mean, Taker gets mad respect, but whether it be workers or the IWC, I'm sure there's enough bitccing about him out there if you dig deep enough.... In fact I personally can't wait to here CM Punk's view on working with the guy.

I guess ultimately peeps will believe what they wanna believe (Backstage politics = The new kayfaybe for the IWC?), but I'll say this, personally, I don't think HHH can take over the company quick enough....

But yeah, Cena.......