Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

The "Hulk Hogan defeats Shawn Michaels" moment itself.... 2/10.

Shawns selling... 10/10!

C4

Rate the Moment 147:
The Beginning Of A Legacy - 1/11/93

slide_565_12042_large.jpg

Make no mistake; on this night at New York City’s Manhattan Center, sports-entertainment as it exists today was born. Unlike anything that had ever preceded it in the world of wrestling, Raw combined a large, rowdy crowd with worldwide television exposure, and WWE fans were treated to an experience that was “uncut, uncooked, and uncensored.” The kickoff episode featured appearances from future WWE Legends like the Undertaker and HBK, along with hosts Vince McMahon, Randy “Macho Man” Savage.

straight_edge76

7/10 I was to young to remember how this actually went down. But in prespective most of us wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

8 out of 10. Without it we wouldn't have had the Monday Night War or even maybe we wouldn't have had the big wrestling boom of the mid to late 90s.

SnackZ

Reaction score
This moment was not great as 'one piece' so 2/10 - the show looking back on it was lackluster and pretty damn boring. But using it as the start of Raw and bringing live shows every monday night to the fans it can be rated higher but not this particular show. sorry.

C4

Rate the Moment 148:
The Rock - this is your life.

o_ROCK.bmp.jpg

On September 27, 1999, The Rock and Mankind were involved in a segment which occurred on Raw is War called "This Is Your Life," in which Mankind brought out people from The Rock's past, such as his high school girlfriend and gym teacher. The segment earned an 8.4 Nielsen rating and is, to this day, one of the single highest rated segments in terms of viewership in Raw history, Mick Foley had helped WWF Raw achieve some of its highest ratings ever! Arguably the single greatest segment in wrestling history.

SnackZ

Reaction score
back when I saw it 8/10 - now looking back on it - 4/10. Was not really that funny or entertaining.

Montana

8/10 only because of the insane rating it got. I think it was in the 8.0's range or something. Now wwe struggles to get a 4.0.

I also didnt chime in on the last one, but i'd rate the first Monday Night Raw pretty high (at least compared to the others) That was the start was something HUGE in the wrestling business. That really revolutionized wrestling on tv.

straight_edge76

6/10 these single shots like this really didnt do that much.

C4

Rate the Moment 149:
Christian returns to World Wrestling Entertainment.

212xzcl.jpg

After Christian's contract expired with TNA, the president of the promotion Dixie Carter confirmed that Christian had re-signed with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). On the February 10 episode of ECW on Sci Fi, Christian finally made his long awaited return to WWE as a fan favorite under his "Christian" ring name. He went on to face Jack Swagger for the ECW championship, won a tri-branded 15 man battle royal on ECW and participated in the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania XXV.

Airfixx

First Raw: 7/10
This Is Your Life: 5/10 (Just cos it got a huge rating.... Otherwise, not THAT funny and ultimately an insignificant segment.)
Return of Christian: 6/10 (I'm sick of the mere mention of his name already, but that's the IWCs fault, not WWEs.)

MikeRaw

This is your life- 8/10... A classic promo, and one of the all time greats.
Christian return- 5/10... Not executed well enough, and like Airfixx, I'm a little sick already of it.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Christian return - 8/10 on what it CAN bring to the future of the E but a 4/10 for the way it was done.