Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

milkman7

Reaction score
8/10
This was a pretty big moment, not changing the face of wrestling completely, but certainly epitomizing ECW

C4

Rate the Moment 145:
Mick Foley wins the WWF Championship

mankind_champion1.jpg

Mick Foley would face The Rock for the WWF Championship.

But Mick Foley wouldn't have it that easy. McMahon named his cronies Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco as ring announcer and timekeeper, respectively, and Vince named himself guest "ringside enforcer," which was pretty much a guarantee that Foley would be interfered with at every turn whenever the referee had his back turned. And that's just what happened. Finally, near the end of the match, the referee was knocked cold and Brisco, Patterson, Vince, and The Rock proceeded to start beating Mankind to a pulp. Then one heard the sound of glass shattering, and the loudest noise you have ever heard in your life erupted from the crowd. The screaming was literally so loud that you had to cover your ears. Steve Austin, the fan favorite for the last few years in the WWF, had been out several months with injury, but here he came in a full run to the ring. He delivered a shot to Vince and all of his cronies, smashed The Rock over the head, rolled Foley on top of The Rock, and then grabbed the referee's hand and slapped it to the mat three times. After fifteen years in the industry sacrificing his body night in and night out to entertain fans, Mick Foley finally won his world title.

Moonlight Drive

10/10. That was huge for the WWF and a major turning point in the Monday Night Wars.

Axis

8.5/10

Not only a mark out moment at that time, but it ended up being a big turning point in the war with WCW.

But I don't see how this is getting 10's. A ten is Hogan slamming Andre and Benoit celebrating with Eddie. I don't think that this moment is anywhere close to those.

Travis40

6/10

The moment a mid-carder wins the WWF Title, and that's it. This had nothing to do with the downfall of WCW, or anything esle. This didn't put WCW out of business because they lost the ratings war this one week. WCW was putting on horrible shows week after week, and the advantage was starting to shift to the WWF. WCW was dead long before Foley ever won the WWF Championship.

straight_edge76

6/10 at the time I loved it. But thinking back on it was sort of stupid. He only held it for a few weeks and it was on a weekly show when usually major events like that happen on major PPV broadcasts.

Evil Austin

10/10 just like above said if you saw the Monday Night Wars DVD it shows that it was not only a big moment for Foley but the ratings went in the WWF's favor not the WCW for that week and brought an end to the year long losing streak in the ratings for the WWF.

C4

Rate the Moment 146:
Hulk Hogan defeats Shawn Michaels!

hulk-hogan-interview-20050701022156353.jpg

Hogan appeared on the July 4 edition of RAW as the special guest of Carlito on his talk-show segment "Carlito's Cabana." After being asked questions by Carlito concerning his daughter Brooke Hogan, Hogan proceeded to attack Carlito. This was then followed up by an attack of Kurt Angle, who made comments about Brooke, which further upset Hogan. Hogan was eventually double teamed by Carlito and Angle but was saved by Shawn Michaels. Later that night, Michaels and Hogan defeated Carlito and Kurt Angle in a tag match. During the post match celebration, Michaels delivered Sweet Chin Music to Hogan and walked off. The following week on RAW, Michaels appeared on "Piper's Pit" and challenged Hogan to face him one-on-one for the first time. Hogan appeared on RAW one week later and accepted the challenge. The match took place on Sunday, August 21 at SummerSlam 2005. Initially, this match was discussed as being the first of two between Hogan and Michaels, with each man notching a victory. The match between Hogan and Michaels at SummerSlam was the main event of the night, and the two 0collided in a battle billed as "Legend vs. Icon." The match went back and forth, with two referees getting "knocked out" and Michaels using a steel chair to try to gain an advantage. Even after Michaels hit his Sweet Chin Music, Hogan still kicked out and mounted some offense against Michaels, finally hitting him with the legdrop and scoring the victory. Michaels extended his hand to him, telling him that he "had to find out for himself," and Hogan and Michaels shook hands. Michaels left the ring to allow Hogan to celebrate with the crowd.

seX-Power

4/10 I didn't like Hogan getting the victory there, HBK should have won imo.

Evil Austin

HBK Should have won, it was a decent moment but it was memorable for the fact that Hogan even when his career was over could not admitt to putting anyone over. HBK had to put over Hogan.

4.5/10 - Just for the build up, not the match.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
5/10simply because HBK got a decent match with Hogan just like only him can have with guys like the hulkster..
And I think HBK deserved the victory or at least another match he would have won this time..
If the rating was for the moment HBK superkicked Hogan in the middle of the ring on Raw, it wouls have been a 8/10. I marked for this

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

10/10

Why? Because Michaels' overselling was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Axis

7/10. BKB is right, Michaels' selling is incredibly memorable to me, making it one of the greatest moments in history. Times like DX invading WCW may have been more "ground-breaking" but they weren't as sheerly awesome as HBK.

Travis40

8/10, biggest wrestler from the 80's vs. biggest wrestler from the 90's. Michaels's overselling was fucking great!