Survivor Series Rate Survivor Series 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The last sentence sums it up for me. Here is my thinking. I used to spend 50 a ppv for almost 15 years ( my mom dropped it during my youth obvy) If i had paid 50 id be extremely disappointed. Since it was 10, I'm just saying i was entertained for maybe 39-45 mins out of the night. With the internet, access to spoilers, (not sure wwe didn't want people to know bout sting) it really was anticlimactic to see sting. Back in the day you could truly have mark out moments. I haven't had one since Mania last year.
Guessing by your age, you have little concept of what that moment meant.
It isn't your fault, but had you grown up watching Sting live in his heyday you'd realize this was a very big moment in wrestling history.

Mike_the_Bear

Jobber
Reaction score
I disagree "Paige is Hot" I was surprised by Ziggler getting a push. But with that said how often does Cena or anything with his name attached to it lose? Not very often is my answer. WWE hasn't been pushed to up the ante by anyone. Wrestling was the biggest it's ever been in the attitude error. And that was because of WCW forcing WWE to get creative. Everything was fresh and new pushing boundaries. Now because there is zero competition they aren't being new and exciting. It's the same recycled crappy story lines. That is why people stopped watching since the Attitude error. It's a proven fact you can't argue the numbers. WWE needs a change and a new creative direction.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I disagree "Paige is Hot" I was surprised by Ziggler getting a push. But with that said how often does Cena or anything with his name attached to it lose? Not very often is my answer. WWE hasn't been pushed to up the ante by anyone. Wrestling was the biggest it's ever been in the attitude error. And that was because of WCW forcing WWE to get creative. Everything was fresh and new pushing boundaries. Now because there is zero competition they aren't being new and exciting. It's the same recycled crappy story lines. That is why people stopped watching since the Attitude error. It's a proven fact you can't argue the numbers. WWE needs a change and a new creative direction.
I believe you're searching for something similar to that which I am.
You're looking for a turn around, but I've long since given up on that notion for one reason.
When WWE became a publicly traded company they, in essence, became a form of 'entertainment'.
WWE, in reality, rose to his greatest heights by ripping off and pirating ECW. WWE wasn't being creative, they took their little brother's lunch money.
I'm not saying stealing is unethical, WWE took ECW's concepts and attached a higher price tag to it.
The more society continues to promote scripted reality TV, the more WWE will do the same.

That being the case, I simply ignore the big picture and realize last night stood well enough by itself.

You're looking for a boom, but it won't happen until a wrestling promoter with smart money rivals what WWE does and tops it.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Guessing by your age, you have little concept of what that moment meant.
It isn't your fault, but had you grown up watching Sting live in his heyday you'd realize this was a very big moment in wrestling history.
Are you dumb? Im 26 and fully understand who STING is. What YOU fail to comprehend is that I was a Malenko supporter, Eddie, Kidman, Rey, Juvy. Those are the guys that got my rocks off. Guess what? My preferences on wrestlers hasn't changed. Gimme DB, Zigg, hart, hbk, seth, dean. Also, what were u a fuckin dweeb? once NWO came only seriously pathetic people preferred sting over the NWO Hall/Nash/hogan 2 sweet. Go eat your vitamins ya dweeb

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Wait wait wait - this just dawned on me. I thought none of the stars of Total Divas could win the belt???

I know it's Divas so only us true marks care.

Mike_the_Bear

Jobber
Reaction score
I believe you're searching for something similar to that which I am.
You're looking for a turn around, but I've long since given up on that notion for one reason.
When WWE became a publicly traded company they, in essence, became a form of 'entertainment'.
WWE, in reality, rose to his greatest heights by ripping off and pirating ECW. WWE wasn't being creative, they took their little brother's lunch money.
I'm not saying stealing is unethical, WWE took ECW's concepts and attached a higher price tag to it.
The more society continues to promote scripted reality TV, the more WWE will do the same.

That being the case, I simply ignore the big picture and realize last night stood well enough by itself.

You're looking for a boom, but it won't happen until a wrestling promoter with smart money rivals what WWE does and tops it.
For once I agree with you. Lol

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Are you dumb? Im 26 and fully understand who STING is. What YOU fail to comprehend is that I was a Malenko supporter, Eddie, Kidman, Rey, Juvy. Those are the guys that got my rocks off. Guess what? My preferences on wrestlers hasn't changed. Gimme DB, Zigg, hart, hbk, seth, dean. Also, what were u a fuckin dweeb? once NWO came only seriously pathetic people preferred sting over the NWO Hall/Nash/hogan 2 sweet. Go eat your vitamins ya dweeb
I wasn't insulting you. I tried wording it not too. I suppose I failed in my attempts.
I merely said the date of your birth was rather late, not anything against you as a person.
You seem angry and I apologize for that.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Fucking loved this PPV. Not just the big things that happened, everything about it (other than the divas) was pretty bomb. The last match obviously stole the show, did not expect Ziggler to be the last one at all, but Ambrose vs Wyatt was sick. 9/10.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just have to say... I went to Taco Bell earlier to grab a burrito and sat down in a packed restaurant to eat next to a kid in a Cena shirt talking about wrestling... and he was so happy. Like, had a gleam in his eye happy.

As soon as I sat, his mom (I'm assuming) asked if he liked the show to be kind, and he went off about how great it was that the Authority was no more... mom says she's happy Cena could come through for him, and he just smiled and say "Oh no, this Ziggler guy kicked all kinds of butt! He did what even Cena couldn't do!"

I put my hood up and tried to muzzle my amused laughter... a few match descriptions happened, and he through out an "Oh, and even Sting returned to help him!" and then his dad just looked over from his Mexican Pizza and said "THE Sting? In WWE?" and had a smile almost as big as the kid's.

This was a true markout moment for us all.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Just have to say... I went to Taco Bell earlier to grab a burrito and sat down in a packed restaurant to eat next to a kid in a Cena shirt talking about wrestling... and he was so happy. Like, had a gleam in his eye happy.

As soon as I sat, his mom (I'm assuming) asked if he liked the show to be kind, and he went off about how great it was that the Authority was no more... mom says she's happy Cena could come through for him, and he just smiled and say "Oh no, this Ziggler guy kicked all kinds of butt! He did what even Cena couldn't do!"

I put my hood up and tried to muzzle my amused laughter... a few match descriptions happened, and he through out an "Oh, and even Sting returned to help him!" and then his dad just looked over from his Mexican Pizza and said "THE Sting? In WWE?" and had a smile almost as big as the kid's.

Exactly the kind of moment WWE was striving for that night.
The #4 PPV finally came through.
Say what you will, but since Triple H has been given more power, the big 4 have really come together.
This was an operative PPV for Sting to make his debut because he didn't take the shine away from a one-on-one battle (that would normally take place during the main event)
The only other PPV Sting could have debuted without 'ruining' the finish would be MITB, a supposedly lesser PPV.

For the first time in many years, all 4 PPV's left us with a lasting memory for years to come.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Say what you will, but since Triple H has been given more power, the big 4 have really come together.
This was an operative PPV for Sting to make his debut because he didn't take the shine away from a one-on-one battle (that would normally take place during the main event)
The only other PPV Sting could have debuted without 'ruining' the finish would be MITB, a supposedly lesser PPV.

For the first time in many years, all 4 PPV's left us with a lasting memory for years to come.

Agreed.

Plus, it wouldn't hurt bringing The Authority back and finally closing their chapter at WM31 with HHH & Sting going at it!

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa

This made my day. I miss bein a wrestling fan as a kid.

Reactions: Red Rain

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

It's not just coming through, it's coming through in various multiple ways with a mix of the good and the memorable, and something for everyone.

..well, I'm not sure if they all came through. Royal Rumble 2014 was a disaster at the time, although if they ever put out a shoot DVD on what actually happened with that I'd happily buy it. There's no way they were really stupid enough to think Batista vs Orton was a good idea, right?

anyway, Wrestlemania not only gave us the Bryan thing, but also what should have been with the Cesaro mega-push and the end of the Streak. Summerslam let Ambrose and Rollins steal the show before the main event destruction of Cena.

Survivor Series may have given us Sting's debut, and as little as that interests me, the rise of Dolph Ziggler was just so freakin' awesome that it's made this show one to remember very fondly. Haven't been watching for as long as most have, so I just see this as a show that annually underwhelms. Maybe there's something to the Survivor Series concept after all. :hmm:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It's not just coming through, it's coming through in various multiple ways with a mix of the good and the memorable, and something for everyone.

..well, I'm not sure if they all came through. Royal Rumble 2014 was a disaster at the time, although if they ever put out a shoot DVD on what actually happened with that I'd happily buy it. There's no way they were really stupid enough to think Batista vs Orton was a good idea, right?

anyway, Wrestlemania not only gave us the Bryan thing, but also what should have been with the Cesaro mega-push and the end of the Streak. Summerslam let Ambrose and Rollins steal the show before the main event destruction of Cena.

Survivor Series may have given us Sting's debut, and as little as that interests me, the rise of Dolph Ziggler was just so freakin' awesome that it's made this show one to remember very fondly. Haven't been watching for as long as most have, so I just see this as a show that annually underwhelms. Maybe there's something to the Survivor Series concept after all. :hmm:
I worded my post in a way that indicated that all 4 PPV's were memorable nor necessary good or legendary.
Case in point: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the conclusion to Royal Rumble 2014 was ill advised.
It was memorable because of Batista's actions at the end and the crowd's insistence on crowning Daniel Bryan.
Whether anybody realized it at the time, that was an epic meltdown for the ages. It won't be easily forgotten.

The video says Royal Rumble 2013 but it was actually 2014 when Mysterio was introduced instead of Bryan. Roman Reigns can be seen by the bottom right turnbuckle of the screen.

I'm not sure how much of this was broadcasted to viewers at home, but fans clearly weren't happy