Survivor Series Rate Survivor Series 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
2808fa1e38c8d6a3cfe1e90f0f3c5ab8.jpg

Post your ratings down below.

Last edited by a moderator:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'll say that the first half was pretty slow, but the second half picked up. I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Man, I gotta give the show a solid 8.5/10
That's not to say every match on the card was good, because only a few of them were. (Tag Title Match, Ambrose vs Wyatt, and Team Cena vs. Team Authority)
But good god, when the matches were good, they were great.
Tag match was a solid B+, fun to watch, kept me entertained and excited.
Same for Ambrose vs Wyatt, the ending was very satisfying.
Now for the main event,
One of the best matches I've seen in years. I loved every second of it, and the last 20 minutes were an emotional roller-coaster. Easily an A+. Hell, if there was a notch or two higher, then this match would be up there.
Everything else was bathroom break worthy. (Excluding promos)

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Main Event - 9.5/10

Full Show - 8/10 The only good matches for me were Tag Team Championship and Main Event.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I'll give it a 8/10.

The main event was the only thing that was worth seeing in the PPV but damn, that surely was amazing. Haven't marked out this hard in a while. Sting coming out and delivering the Scorpion Death Drop to Triple H was the icing on the cake for me.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The biggest shocker of the night for me had to be Big Show turning heel.
I never saw it coming. I had no idea he had it in him.

• Haha
Reactions: CM Punk

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
8/10

Same as Indy, I haven't marked out this hard since Ziggler won the title last year. In case anyone hasn't watched and is looking forward to watching, skip till the end. That's all that is needed.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
10/10 from me all day, Sandow has his first WWE championship! Sting debuted with a bang! The Authority Lost! Cena got knocked the fugg out by Big Show! It was all gravy IMO, nice lez out session from Brie and AJ Lee.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am giving it a 9/10. For the most part, the matches were not that spectacular and the pacing was really slow. However, it was nice seeing Miz and Mizdow win the belts and after languishing in WWE Hell for so long, it's been nice seeing them do something with Damien anyway. I didn't really expect Nicki Bella to crush AJ like she did.

Negatives would be the addition of the Rose and Rabbit match. That whole thing is boring and has no place on a PPV. The Divas elimination match was an absolute waste. I know I sound like a broken record, but they can shore up their women's division pretty easily and instead it just stinks more and more. It's like my sister said to me "I'm glad they retired the WWE Women's Championship in favor of the Diva's Championship because these girls don't deserve to hold the same belt held by Fabulous Moolah, Sherri Martel, Trish Stratus and Lita."

I was surprised that the Bray Wyatt vs Dean Ambrose match was completely forgettable. My impression had been that it would have been the best match on the card.

The main event match was excellent even before Sting showed up. Big Show taking Henry out was wonderful. There was a wonderful back and forth and it was nice seeing Rusev get pushed around a little. But the best part of the match was after Big Show turned that Dolph Ziggler, the most underappreciated talent on the roster, single handed took down three Authority members.... I say single handed simply because before the interference, he had it.

Sting showing up was the best moment in wrestling since the Rock showed up to beat up Rusev. I am sure I'll be watching it over and over. I've been watching wrestling for 30 years and I wasn't sure anything could get me pumped up like that did.... I literally sat on the edge of my chair watching. It was easily a 20/10 moment. It far outweighed the negatives and is why this gets a high rating.

Also, HHH and Steph sold the loss better than anything I have seen in years. Steph's tantrum was excellent and this match was a fitting end to the Authority storyline....assuming it is ended, which it may not be.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
7.8/10 there was to much water

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Giving this a 10/10, but more for what it meant than anything else.

For so long, WWE has left me feeling pessimistic about quite a few shows. Plenty of PPV's I haven't looked forward to, many shows I simply didn't watch or just turned on single matches, some I watched just to be in the LD, and just hoped for the best. Usually, my low expectations were met in those instances (but my moments of either optimism or extreme pessimism were met very favorably)

So the show starts with an Authority promo to lull the crowd to sleep before it even starts, a tag match that I barely paid attention to, a Divas tag, and a backstage segment with Rose and the Bunny fighting with action figures... yeah, I turned the show off. Hell, Emma actually pinned someone on PPV, is it really gonna get better than that for me? And every time I thought that in the past, I wound up not regretting it after reading what happened later...

..and yeah, this time I finally did regret it. It's a shame I didn't keep the show on to see the main event that had me on the edge of my seat just reading it. This had another boring Cena win written all over it, and WWE decided to give us an exciting match full of twists and turns and interesting protections and DOLPH FUCKING ZIGGLER and... damn. 3 on 1 and the dude's just skinning the cat and legitimately overcoming the odds, man. Shit was electric.

It's about time he got his due. Now, WWE, you can't go back to jobbing him out after this.

But congrats to WWE for keeping something in the back of my mind for the future. If you can save this show, maybe anything can happen in the WWE.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Gonna check main event today because of STENG, but my question is - was Ambrose/Wyatt any good or was it another D-level movie~esque failed acting attempt?