Survivor Series Rate Survivor Series 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
When I first heard this while the ME was coming to a close, I seriously marked out!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I get why Sting was a big deal but one cool moment doesn't make an entire ppv 9/10 10/10 for me. Yes, the nostalgia was there but watch the show again. Outside of the booking of ziggler i thought it was average at best.

That is completely reasonable and I would agree with you, but you also mentioned two moments here. Practically the entire under and mid card was not that great. But the main event, particularly because of Dolph Ziggler but also because of it's fast pace, was great and the arrival of Sting was the culmination of the match. For me, growing up watching Sting in WCW, this just seemed like it was never going to happen.

But your point is well taken too. There wasn't a whole lot on the card to elevate it to a high status. I did, however, go back and have watched the match again and the entire thing held up pretty well for me.

Reactions: Danielson

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That is completely reasonable and I would agree with you, but you also mentioned two moments here. Practically the entire under and mid card was not that great. But the main event, particularly because of Dolph Ziggler but also because of it's fast pace, was great and the arrival of Sting was the culmination of the match. For me, growing up watching Sting in WCW, this just seemed like it was never going to happen.

But your point is well taken too. There wasn't a whole lot on the card to elevate it to a high status. I did, however, go back and have watched the match again and the entire thing held up pretty well for me.

Yeah, to me other than the tag team title match, Ambrose vs Wyatt and Team Cena vs Team Authority, everything else was pretty much forgettable and awful.

I'm also kinda disappointed they ended The Authority storyline at SS instead of at WM31. So, they basically sold out The Authority for only FREE.99 and shoved the WWE Network down our throats for the bazillionth time. Great. Good luck with getting new subscribers.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah, to me other than the tag team title match, Ambrose vs Wyatt and Team Cena vs Team Authority, everything else was pretty much forgettable and awful.

I'm also kinda disappointed they ended The Authority storyline at SS instead of at WM31. So, they basically sold out The Authority for only FREE.99 and shoved the WWE Network down our throats for the bazillionth time. Great. Good luck with getting new subscribers.

I would have assumed with the free month of the Network they would have done their best to put on the best show possible. Of course they didn't. But yeah, I don't really think they did anything to bring in new subscribers.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I would have assumed with the free month of the Network they would have done their best to put on the best show possible. Of course they didn't. But yeah, I don't really think they did anything to bring in new subscribers.

Shocker. :heenan:

Mike_the_Bear

Jobber
Reaction score
This PPV sucked in my opinion. The biggest surprise for me was the Bray vs Ambrose I was expecting so much more from it. This entire PPV was another shitty WWE typical crapfest. I will admit it was nice to see Zigger win it. But in my mind there was no way team Cena was gonna lose anyway. I really think WWE is suffering from lack of creativity. Another company needs to step up and give the WWE competition and it's not gonna be TNA. If another brand of wrestling steps up to the plate they will be forced to step it up in creativity! Because this same recycled bullshit is really old...

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The last sentence sums it up for me. Here is my thinking. I used to spend 50 a ppv for almost 15 years ( my mom dropped it during my youth obvy) If i had paid 50 id be extremely disappointed. Since it was 10, I'm just saying i was entertained for maybe 39-45 mins out of the night. With the internet, access to spoilers, (not sure wwe didn't want people to know bout sting) it really was anticlimactic to see sting. Back in the day you could truly have mark out moments. I haven't had one since Mania last year.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
This PPV sucked in my opinion. The biggest surprise for me was the Bray vs Ambrose I was expecting so much more from it. This entire PPV was another shitty WWE typical crapfest. I will admit it was nice to see Zigger win it. But in my mind there was no way team Cena was gonna lose anyway. I really think WWE is suffering from lack of creativity. Another company needs to step up and give the WWE competition and it's not gonna be TNA. If another brand of wrestling steps up to the plate they will be forced to step it up in creativity! Because this same recycled bullshit is really old...
What a shock.
You're telling me this PPV did absolutely nothing for you? "Typical crapfest", you say?
Geez, I'm on pins and needles wondering what would impress you.
This was not typical, nor was it a foregone conclusion that Cena's team would win.
Ziggler pinning 3 men in one night is typical?

If this night was 'sh*tty', I wonder what your expectations of passable are.
Worst of all, you didn't pay a dime even if you did watch it live