Rate Smackdown Live! 02/28/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• Total voters

t4terrific

Reaction score
Why spend so much time working toward a replacement for Orton at Mania, only to have Orton change his mind and accept his spot back?

Seems like a long way to go to set up AJ v Shane.

What a waste of Mania for AJ.

I doubt AJ's going to have a bunch of Wrestlemania matches, and Shane is a waste of Wrestlemania Moment opportunities for AJ.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ok so far I've only saw the opening promo with cena/nikki and miz/maryse and that was a great promo. Awesome. Made me invested in this feud.

Reading the recaps.... I don't know why they pulled the trigger on the Wyatts already. Like I mean, I'm sure it was a great promo and I'm excited to see it when I get home. But they should have waited until right before mania imo. Or turn at mania.

Regardless I'm sure I'll be rating this one highly.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Why spend so much time working toward a replacement for Orton at Mania, only to have Orton change his mind and accept his spot back?
Seems like a long way to go to set up AJ v Shane.
What a waste of Mania for AJ.
I doubt AJ's going to have a bunch of Wrestlemania matches, and Shane is a waste of Wrestlemania Moment opportunities for AJ.
There may-be a bigger picture we are not seeing yet...

Shane may pick a representative to wrestle A.J for him...
And the overall angle may lead to A.J being traded to
RAW as the rumor is Vince wants him on RAW.

I think A.J Styles for Kevin Owens would be a fair trade...

Thoughts?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Seriously though, this show gets a 10/10 from me too due to one simple thing... this Mania card and how much it sucks... Smackdown is writing it in such a way that these matches that looked like absolute trash on paper are coming together very nicely.
After Raw is over here making us not give one single piece of a shit about Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens, this strange Wrestlemania card from the Smackdown side is coming together like a charm.

The story of AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon sounded like it was going to have to be horribly forced to fit the match on the card. AJ's had opportunities, lost clean to Cena and in the Chamber, and having him complain about a lack of opportunities just wouldn't ring true. However, him SUCCEEDING and getting that big win over Harper (having to pin Harper twice was bullshit btw) then Shane taking his chance that he earned to main event Wrestlemania because Orton changed his mind? That... isn't bad. Since part of the buildup is "AJ Styles DESERVES a higher spot and isn't getting it and is mad at Shane for it" instead of typical chickenshit heel bullshit... We're sure the match is going to be rough in the ring, but they nailed the buildup, and this isn't going to do anything to de-rail AJ Styles's momentum. Especially if he wins which... God wiling.

They've taken Bray Wyatt and made it feel like he really earned and deserved that belt at Elimination Chamber, added enough heat and tension that he and Orton in a single seems cool (still would love to add Harper tho)... The planned match of Naomi vs Alexa also came across well... The mixed tag has to sound like a good idea to someone, lol. I wasn't as high on MizTV as you guys, but the build should get better from here.

Great great overall show. As to the real question in this thread, I have to imagine the performers themselves have some hand in writing the show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Via WWE.com:

Breaking News: Randy Orton to battle AJ Styles Tuesday night to determine Bray Wyatt’s No. 1 contender at WrestleMania
20170303_SD_Preview_OrtonStyles--9d0e7147225392f1452396244b402ed3.jpg

The whirlwind struggle to determine WWE Champion Bray Wyatt’s No. 1 contender at WrestleMania will reach new heights this Tuesday on SmackDown LIVE when Randy Orton battles AJ Styles one-on-one.

For a brief moment last Tuesday, it seemed as if the ongoing controversy surrounding the WWE Title had finally been settled. Styles overcame Luke Harper in an extremely hard-fought match and seemingly established himself as The New Face of Fear’s Show of Shows’ challenger. But that assumption literally went up in smoke when 2017 Royal Rumble Match winner Randy Orton —who had previously stated that he would not challenge Wyatt as long as he was the master and Orton the servant — suddenly declared that he was coming for the WWE Title at The Showcase of The Immortals before burning The Wyatt Family Compound to the ground!

But who ultimately has the right to challenge Bray Wyatt: the Superstar who won the Royal Rumble Match or the Superstar who won the honor after Orton refused it?

To answer that question, Commissioner Shane McMahon and General Manager Daniel Bryan reviewed all that happened this past week and have determined that The Viper and “The Face that Runs the Place” must go head-to-head this Tuesday at 8/7 C on USA Network to finally establish who will take on The New Face of Fear on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Oh boy... How are they going to get out of this one!?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Oh boy... How are they going to get out of this one!?

Phenomenal Forearm countered into RKO Outta Nowhere. Orton wins.

There'll be some shenanigans, so Shane will probably get involved (just like this week) to set up a feud with Styles. Wyatt and/or Harper will probably get involved in the match, too.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Fuck that just make it a triple threat!

If they go through all this shit to determine a number one contender, and make it a triple threat anyways I'll be upset, because they could be building it as that all along.

Aj deserves better than Shane at mania... but orton deserves the main event for winning the rumble.

Snowman1

Reaction score
The other side of this is that it's hard to not see Styles facing the winner of Orton/Wyatt in the Elimination

Phenomenal Forearm countered into RKO Outta Nowhere. Orton wins.

There'll be some shenanigans, so Shane will probably get involved (just like this week) to set up a feud with Styles. Wyatt and/or Harper will probably get involved in the match, too.

It's more about what the shenanigans will be. It's gotta be something pretty well done, so Shane seems justified while AJ Styles has a great case to be pissed off and Orton doesn't look foolish.... Feels good to trust a WWE show to deliver that! :bodallas:

And as for some [HASHTAG]#Snowptomism[/HASHTAG] (tm Adamska Meltzer) coming out of Wrestlemania it feels pretty likely that AJ Styles will square off with either Orton or Wyatt in the next feud, which sounds fun as well :) All is not lost it seems.