Rate Smackdown Live! 02/28/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• Total voters

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Randy found his bonfire...
C5za-R3VUAA3eY2.jpg

10/10 btw

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I hope we're getting a triple threat at mania and not AJ vs Shane. The only thing I'd change about that Randy Promo would be him saying 'Follow the buzzards' ust to drive that point home XD

I hope he starts using sister abigail for a bit lol

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I heard it was good! Don't really watch but I saw the Orton turning on Bray segment and that was awesome. It's gonna make both guys look good in Wrestlemania if it sticks like that.

I thought Harper would win and secure the triple threat but I guess they want Styles instead... I don't know we'll see! Anything can happen on Smackdown apparently

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I definitely do not see a triple threat at WrestleMania. I can't say I would mind it, but it just wouldn't make sense to me story wise. It would seem awkward to throw AJ Styles into a match with Bray Wyatt and Orton, especially after last night. The heat between Orton and Wyatt now needs to stay between them at the Mania match. This is going to be the climax of their feud and throwing AJ Styles into it would be weird.

Now, what they SHOULD have done was have Luke Harper win against AJ and have a Wyatt Family triple threat. THAT would have made sense. Harper would feel vindicated about his initial distrust of Orton. Bray would have to face both guys, the betrayed loyal disciple and the guy who betrayed him. It fits. Having AJ in the match, doesn't fit.

I don't want to see Shane vs AJ, but as I mentioned above, last night nearly confirms it will happen. That seemed to be the purpose of the false finish of the contender's match. Make some heat between Shane and AJ by having Shane start the match. Have AJ win the match but then taken out of the main event because Orton wants his spot back. Shane maybe has no choice but to give the match back to Orton and AJ is pissed and fights Shane at Mania.

I'm not writing off the Shane/AJ match like a lot of other people. I am not particularly interested in seeing it, but that doesn't mean it can't be good. It's definitely a waste to put last year's wrestler of the year in a match with an authority figure, but they might put on a good show.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I definitely do not see a triple threat at WrestleMania. I can't say I would mind it, but it just wouldn't make sense to me story wise. It would seem awkward to throw AJ Styles into a match with Bray Wyatt and Orton, especially after last night. The heat between Orton and Wyatt now needs to stay between them at the Mania match. This is going to be the climax of their feud and throwing AJ Styles into it would be weird.

Now, what they SHOULD have done was have Luke Harper win against AJ and have a Wyatt Family triple threat. THAT would have made sense. Harper would feel vindicated about his initial distrust of Orton. Bray would have to face both guys, the betrayed loyal disciple and the guy who betrayed him. It fits. Having AJ in the match, doesn't fit.

I don't want to see Shane vs AJ, but as I mentioned above, last night nearly confirms it will happen. That seemed to be the purpose of the false finish of the contender's match. Make some heat between Shane and AJ by having Shane start the match. Have AJ win the match but then taken out of the main event because Orton wants his spot back. Shane maybe has no choice but to give the match back to Orton and AJ is pissed and fights Shane at Mania.

I'm not writing off the Shane/AJ match like a lot of other people. I am not particularly interested in seeing it, but that doesn't mean it can't be good. It's definitely a waste to put last year's wrestler of the year in a match with an authority figure, but they might put on a good show.

I know you're right. It makes no sense and AJ and Shane will have a good match.

But AJ on his current form could have one of the greatest matches ever. That Rumble match was amazing, imagine what they could do with a wrestlemania moment like that!

Shane and AJ will be a good match, but sadly it would still feel like a waste of the Phenomenal One.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Did you see the look on JBL's face while they were selling the Network? Ugh, awful business! How do you expect to sell a network like that!?

0/10 just for that. Damn dude get it together!

[HASHTAG]#randompointlessheelturn[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Solidus1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown keeps on proving week in and week out why they are the superior show. This week's episode was excellent and simply flew by. 10/10

Positives:
- The MizTV was a fantastic opening segment. Both Cena and The Miz were great on the mic, showed some great fire and brought intensity and heat to the mixed tag match at Mania. I have to admit, even though I didn't really care to see the mixed tag at Mania at first, this segment helped me care about it more.

- Becky Lynch vs Mickie James was rock solid. It wasn't better than their EC match and the commercials ruined the flow of the match and the finish kind of felt rushed, but the story was good, nevertheless, As Becky finally overcame the odds and won.

- Both Harper and Wyatt cut some solid promos backstage.

- Alexa cut a good promo backstage. Natalya then appeared and said she was going for the title. Hopefully she's just a filler opponent for Bliss on the road to WM.

- AJ Styles vs Luke Harper was good. Interesting booking in the end, as Styles beat Harper twice in two minutes. Harper should've won and that would've made more sense considering what happened with Orton/Wyatt later on. And Styles/Shane is probably going to happen, yet they gave Styles the win here, but he doesn't fit into the Orton/Wyatt storyline. So, I guess that only leaves Shane to give the title shot back to Orton and pretty much strip Styles of his title shot (or, there might be a match or something) and then when Styles loses/gets his title shot taken away from him, then Styles/Shane is on for Mania. Anyways, I'm looking forward to how they handle this situation next week!

- Ambrose/Corbin stuff was good.

- Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews was decent. Obviously not as nearly as good as Corbin vs Kalisto from TLC last year, but it was alright for what it was, as Ziggler continues to destroy the new era guys.

- The closing segment with Wyatt and Orton was great and it's been a long time coming. SmackDown going Lucha Underground mode was a pleasant surprise.

Negatives:
- None.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Did you see the look on JBL's face while they were selling the Network? Ugh, awful business! How do you expect to sell a network like that!?

0/10 just for that. Damn dude get it together!

[HASHTAG]#randompointlessheelturn[/HASHTAG]

Where can I find this???

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
And the question we all are asking: why can they do so good with Smackdown and so bad with Raw? It can't just be the 3 hour running time.

U think Daniel Bryan has a heavy hand in the creative department now? Seems like shit really came around since he's been on board. It's hard to tell if hes just an on screen character or if hes contributing to the writing on the show

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Also am I the only one who though Randy Ortons/Bray Wyatts segment was corny as fuck? Ok like I get the burning down of the compound that was cool and a good way to start the feud. But the lines Orton was saying were super cheesy and lame lol I cringed through almost all of it. I wish he would of snapped out of the like mystical bullshit type of dialogue

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Honestly I was just screwing around and thought it was be worth a small chuckle to gripe about something completely meaningless in the rate thread for what we've been calling the best weekly show in years.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Also am I the only one who though Randy Ortons/Bray Wyatts segment was corny as fuck?

You seem to be. Generally I don't like things like that because they are too over the top. But it was a bit of a throwback to some of the older Undertaker promos and that may be why I liked it.

U think Daniel Bryan has a heavy hand in the creative department now? Seems like shit really came around since he's been on board. It's hard to tell if hes just an on screen character or if hes contributing to the writing on the show

No idea. But whomever it is seems to be doing a great job.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

No idea who's running things, but it can't be Vince, man.

Sure, he might be involved in some capacity, such as booking decisions and stuff since he's the boss... But, the thing is, RAW pretty much sucks and SD's great and it feels like we're watching two different shows with two different creative teams.

I could be wrong, though, but I just can't buy into Vince running SmackDown.

Reactions: Grievous 3D