• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live! 02/28/2017

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live! and let us know what you think about the show by leaving a comment.

Opening

The show opened with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan reviewing the battle royal results from last week. AJ came in and said that it was a tie but that Harper hit the floor first. He said that they should cancel the match. The match was made that was Luke Harper vs AJ Styles and the winner would face Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania. AJ was insulting Harper until Bryan and McMahon pointed out Harper was behind AJ. AJ then left. Harper walked up to Shane, thanked him, and then left.

Miz TV

Miz's guest was John Cena. Miz then cut Cena's mic, claiming Cena could not talk until Miz said he could talk. He then began blaming Cena for costing him so many opportunities. He argued that Cena stole his spotlight and basically blamed Cena for all of his short comings. He accused Cena of being jealous of him. Miz gave Cena a hard time for criticizing the Rock for leaving for Hollywood although he did so himself. Miz claimed Cena was no longer super Cena, he was barely decent Cena.

Miz claimed that Cena manipulated his way into the history books and that the only 16 World Champion was Ric Flair.

Miz then gave Cena permission to talk. Cena criticized him for making a poor promo after having ten years to come up with it. He then claimed he was going to turn Miz's theory into crap. Cena said if he was truly manipulating everything behind the scenes, he wouldn't be standing in there with Miz. He would be standing in there with the Undertaker. He claimed that he doesn't manipulate the people because sometimes more than half of them think he sucks. He said that regardless of whether people like him, they know who Cena is. He then criticized Miz for being on the Real World and stealing Chris Jericho's personality, Ric Flair's figure four, Daniel Bryan's offense and personality and that Miz's current promo was simply stealing what AJ Styles had been saying for six months. Cena claimed Miz has no idea who he is. He told Miz that the next time they talk, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. He then said that Miz is not the Undertaker but the next time they press him, Miz is a dead man.

Cena went to leave the ring but Maryse grabbed him and said he didn't have permission to leave the ring until they said. She criticized Cena and then smacked him. Cena laughed and told Maryse she just made the biggest mistake of her life. Nikki Bella then ran to the ring and Miz and Maryse went running out. Nikki smack talked Maryse and then the show went to commercial.

Becky Lynch vs Mickie James 2 of 3 falls

Mickie James scored the first fall.
Becky Lynch got a second fall with a roll up.
Becky Lynch won the third fall by making Mickie James tap out.

Alexa Bliss Promo

Alexa was putting on a generic promo and Natalya came out and was acting goofy. She basically told Bliss that it was all about her until Nattie takes the title away from her. She then beeped Alexa's nose and left.

Number One Contenders Match: Luke Harper vs AJ Styles

AJ Styles pinned Luke Harper after a phenomenal forearm, but Luke Harper's foot was on the rope. Shane McMahon then restarted the match. AJ was arguing with Shane and when Harper went to kick AJ, AJ moved and Shane got hit. AJ then pinned Harper.

After the match, backstage, Daniel Bryan tried to shake AJ's hand but AJ went off to find Bray Wyatt.

Dean Ambrose vs Curt Hawkins

Dean Ambrose attacked Curt Hawkins before the bell and then asked for a microphone. Ambrose made a strong warning to Baron Corbin that messing with him was a very bad idea. He invited Corbin out for a fight.

Corbin appeared onscreen and refused to come out at first. He didn't appreciate Ambrose's sense of humor. They argued and challenged each other but Corbin did not come down to the ring.

Chairs Match: Apollo Crews vs Dolph Ziggler

Dolph Ziggler pinned Crews after crotching him on a chair.

Bray Wyatt's Invocation

Bray Wyatt said that AJ being there didn't matter. He said that Orton was where Bray once was. Orton then came on screen and said that Bray gave him the keys to the kingdom. He said that he was never with Bray. Orton said that in addition to "If you can't beat em, join em," Once you join them, screw them. He then claimed he was standing on Sister Abigail's grave. He picked up a pick axe and talked that Sister Abigail had little left, only her wretched spirit. He then said Bray was scared because Orton was going to burn the spirit of Sister

Orton said he was coming for the WWE title at WrestleMania. He said that Bray knew the last moment he heard Sister Abigail scream and he was about to hear it again. Bray, in the ring, was distressed. Orton put gasoline all over the old place where Abigail was buried and set it on fire.

Bray begged Randy to not do this. He also threatened to kill Orton. Orton burned the soul of Sister Abigail to eternal damnation.

Rosie

Dark Side
Just....

Nothing on the show was bad. I'll give it a 10/10.

Randy cut the best promo of his career and that would be stuff you'd expect out of Lucha Underground, not WWE but they did it perfectly.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
This show gets a 10. There was little way this could have been any better. I was upset at first at the weird ending for the AJ vs Harper match. But with the AMAZING Bray/Orton segment, everything fell into place.

Oh, and I will take a few moments to gloat at the people who told me that Orton really was under Bray Wyatt's thrall. I suspected it was a ruse on Orton's part and we know for sure now that it was. But wow, what a build. Orton and Wyatt is now the match to watch at Mania. I'm not even an Orton fan, but I loved every bit of this.

This episode of Smackdown was easily the best of Raw or Smackdown in a long time. The matches were solid. The promos were all solid.

The Orton/Wyatt segment was soooo good that I almost completely forgot about Miz TV, which was ALSO a perfect segment. I can't contain how good I thought this was wow. I am probably building it up too much, but DAMN, it deserved it. Best non NXT weekly show WWE has done in a long damn time!

Smg

The Game
Technician
The ending segment. It just happened and I'm giving the show a 10/10 just for that.
Overall, Smackdown leading up to the ending was alright but oh my goodness..if you have not see that ending..you need to freaking watch it right now.

The opening segment with John/Nikki and Maryse/Miz was better than expected, from my POV. It's weird to see John and Nikki in the same ring together, but I'll get used to it.
Becky vs Mickie: I can just say that I am interested to see where this goes. Mickie vs Alexa??
Luke Harper vs Aj Styles: I was freaking shocked that Aj won, but now that I've seen that ending...I..I can't even explain how hyped I am. Aj is probably going to face Shane at 'Mania and I am fine with that because we get Randy vs Bray. I'm interested to see where Luke Harper goes from here..I'm freaking hoping that he doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I doubt it, though.
Dean Ambrose vs Curt Hawkins: It was alright, and it progresses the Baron vs Ambrose storyline. Good stuff.

Finally, the ending. I was expecting Luke Harper to come out, something to happen to put him in the title match..but what we got was so much better.
It was perfect. Truly perfect, how everything looked, their reactions, the crowd reactions...
Again I can't explain how hyped I am now. Randy is setting out to become the Master, and to make Bray his apprentice.

I'm really siked to see what happens now. There's so many questions like, "Will bray still use 'Sister Abigal'?" or "Why would Randy do this all of a sudden?"
Overall this proves that Smackdown is the freaking A show, and again, I rate 10/10.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
I'm really siked to see what happens now. There's so many questions like, "Will bray still use 'Sister Abigal'?" or "Why would Randy do this all of a sudden?"

I just think this was Randy's plan all along. He was never subservient to Wyatt. He told Bray as much in the segment. He said it was Bray's world, but it was never Orton's. He also mentioned that Bray gave him the keys to the kingdom. I think since he was losing to Bray, he decided to pretend to be his follower in order to gain Bray's trust so he could destroy what Bray cared about the most.

Solid Snake

Champion
I saw 1 minutes of the Randy and Bray thing on Twitter, the bit at the end... 10/10 just for that.

It has been soooo long since we seen them think outside the box like that but holy cow. He essentially destroyed everything Bray stood for.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
And the question we all are asking: why can they do so good with Smackdown and so bad with Raw? It can't just be the 3 hour running time.

Rosie

Dark Side
Oh, and what do we think:

Mixed tag match at WrestleMania

Miz and Maryse vs Cena and Nikki?

Maryse is eh in the ring, but now, Cena and Miz don't have The Rock overshadowing them, and at least Nikki and Maryse make good sense in the story now and can maybe add something.

So I'll see the build up before I make a final judgement.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Maryse is eh in the ring, but now, Cena and Miz don't have The Rock overshadowing them, and at least Nikki and Maryse make good sense in the story now and can maybe add something.

So I'll see the build up before I make a final judgement.

I can't say I WANT to see that match. I do not like Maryse or Nikki. But Cena and Miz could put on a good match. But after that promo, it seems like that is what they may be building up to.

Solid Snake

Champion
^ Same... Like Randy never appealed to me. I guess having him be a "stone cold killer" works though. May as well play to his strong side... took them long enough lol

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
9/10

I watched the entire opening segment... both Miz and Cena delivered great promos.. it was a good start to the build to the mixed tag match.

Fast forwarded through most of the Becky Lynch vs Mickie James match... this match is one of the reasons for the 9.

The Harper/Styles match was really good... Harper was very, very impressive.. hoping he gets a match at WM with someone... maybe Styles?

I don't like Ambrose vs Corbin, I'll be surprised if the match at WM is going to be good honestly.

Ziggler vs Crews is getting old quickly.. it'll be one of the kickoff matches obviously.

The little backstage segment with Cena/Bella and Ellsworth/Carmella was kind of funny.

The ending segment was PERFECT.. everything about it was spot on.

Honestly this episode would have gotten a 6 from me if not for the opening, the Harper/Styles match, and the perfect ending.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
~ Now...its time for the A-Show...SmackDown Live...And here we go...

~ Its actually a shock to see SmackDown open with Shane & Daniel...I mean how many times has that
happened since the brand split?

~ I really hope A.J isn't wrestling Shane at Wrestlemania...and I think I can see in the far off future a
Corbin/Harper feud for the Intercontinental title.

~ You know what's really interesting about the entire Cena/Bella vs. Miz/Maryse story for me? Because
I've been away from wrestling for so long and missed so much...I really don't mind this mixed tag set up
for Wrestlemania. All 4 of them are great performers and if Cena & Nikki are taking time off after Mania...
best they exit with a win...and then hopefully after Mania the Miz can move up the card and challenge for
the World title.

~ And we have Becky "The" Lynch vs. Milfie James in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match...and these 2 really do have
great in-ring chemistry...but I feel they weren't given enough time tonight. Of course its always good to see
the Evil but Adorable Alexa Bliss...but not if she's getting punched in the face. Honestly I'm glad Becky
notched up another victory...but either way I would have been happy.

tumblr_om48z64rzy1ux0q3go1_500.png

~ Bray Wyatt must have taught Luke Harper how to cut a promo...cause the guy is good...

~ And speaking of Wyatt...he really does have the whole world in his hands...

~ And we now have an interview segment with Alexa Bliss...this is what SmackDown needs...more Alexa Bliss.
I just enjoy watching Alexa perform...her facial expressions are just so awesome...and here comes Natalya...
Wait...what? Natalya could be Alexa's next feud? But...how often do they have Heel vs. Heel feuds? Unless...
Wait...perhaps there will be a Fatal 4 Way for the SmackDown Women's Championship at Wrestlemania...
Alexa may-be defending the title against Becky, Mickie and Natalya...and if Naomi can get back in time she
might replace Nattie?

tumblr_om48ltzJ2p1ux0q3go2_r1_500.png

Just a thought...

~ So the Styles/Harper match was great with Styles winning...and this means he's going to fight Wyatt at
Wrestlemania...so...why are they building the Shane feud still? This seems odd to me...not bad...just odd...

~ So next week its Cenella(?) vs. Carmellsworth(?)...Okay...so now my head hurts...but I'm sure Miz & Maryse
will be getting involved in some way.

Wait...would that be Mizyse or Maryiz?

~ And here comes Zootopia's own Dean Ambrose...and hey look...there is Curt Hawkins...

*Dirty Deeds*

Bye Curt...lol

Okay Dean...I know your tough...but picking a fight with Baron Corbin may not be the best idea you've ever
had...plus the WWE is pushing Corbin at the moment...best keep out of his way...lol

~ Speaking of Baron Corbin...we now have a Chairs Match between Apollo Crews & Dolph Ziggler. What
does that have to do with Baron Corbin you ask? Well...go back and watch the Chairs Match Corbin had
with Kalisto at TLC...it was actually a really good match.

~ And Ziggler gets the win...may-be Apollo Crews would be better off back in NXT for 6 to 12 months...just saying...

~ And...The Viper turned on Bray...what a shock!!! Nobody saw that one coming!!! But seriously...that was an
excellent promo and I believe this may-be the first time ever Bray will have to go it alone. Of course keep in mind
that Erick Rowan was recently medically cleared...so he still may-be a factor on the road to Wrestlemania.

Its going to be a triple threat match at Wrestlemania right? Wyatt vs. Orton vs. Styles right?
Please don't have A.J wrestle Shane at Wrestlemania WWE...it would be such a waste...

All in All...another great SmackDown with plenty of time dedicated to the ladies as we speed towards Wrestlemania.

You'd swear that RAW & SmackDown were produced by completely different companies...

9 Out Of 10...SmackDown is Super, Mega, Awesome Happy Fun Times!!!