Rate Raw 8/7/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Tonight's Raw

• 0/10 Like Green Power Ranger's Rate Threads

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10 Like Jacob Fox's Rate Thread

• Total voters

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Having read all the posts from our fellow members above, I almost feel I’m going to be in the minority this week but I have to say, I really enjoyed the show this week and gave what I feel is a well deserved 7/10. Thoughts/notes:

- I think it’s only fair to start off with a big shout out to Toronto cause that crowd rocked last night. Quite frankly, them being so hot and vocal throughout the evening was perhaps an additional reason as to why I had a good time watching the show and gave it a high grade but it’s not like the show itself was bad; not in my view at least. Either way, a hot crowd always helps so…thumbs up to Toronto.

- Opening segment was quite good with Brock appearing on Miz TV courtesy of Kurt Angle. It’s too bad he didn’t get to speak, then again we all know how those go, don’t we. Either way, it served its purpose.

- I absolutely love the little twist they added in the Rollins/Ambrose storyline which obviously helps in the build to when they actually reunite…uh…next week, I would imagine? I mean, it’s rather obvious this is heading to a championship match for the tag straps so I guess Boston next week will have the pleasure of living that moment live. By the way, when Ambrose got that fist out….what a pop !!!

On a side note, cool tweak of Rollins’s entrance music in the beginning.

- I hope WWE took a note on the reaction Emma got last night. Hmm..who am I kidding, huh?

- So Bayley had a little…botch with the word “sucks” kind of slipping out there in the very beginning of her first answer?

- Main event was simply fantastic from start to finish and it just makes you wonder...what the fuck were they thinking last week putting Big Show and Cass in that spot?

- Speaking of...Big Show and Enzo officially a team now?

- Back to the main event...you know, for all the shit that we talk about Roman Reigns (and rightfully so, myself included), I don't think anyone can really deny his hard work in the ring, nor the fact that he has played a very vital part in the growth of Braun Strowman. It's been obviously talked to death that the problem with Roman is the booking and not the guy himself so I'll leave it that. My only note is, for all the shit we've talked about him, it's only fair to give him a bit of credit when he earns it...

- Last note, I think I have your winner for the Fatal 4-Way at Summerslam and though I thought about opening a new thread to discuss it, I'll post my thoughts here since its RAW related anyway.:

So...my initial thought about this match most of you might recall was Samoe Joe and my main reasoning was the perfect timing for capitalizing on his momentum. Well, I might as well make it my official prediction, being I feel that WWE will indeed capitalize on Joe's momentum and crown him the new Universal Champion come next Sunday.

Ever since the post Wrestlemania RAW show and based on Paul Heyman's promo, the rumored match for next years Mania in New Orleans has been Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship, with Roman obviously going over. It's no secret that Vince has had a hard on for this particular match and no one can really deny that their first one on one encounter a few Wrestlemania's back wasn't any good, up until Seth eventually cashed in his briefcase.

Now, while we all are aware of how stubborn Vince can be (caugh...Roman...caugh), we also know how he constantly changes his mind and doesn't even hesitate to change a finish shortly before a match starts and, well, occasionally on the fly as the match is in...progress. Let's not forget, he has even reportedly gone as far as changing a planned (or rumored, whatever) Royal Rumble winner because he realized the original outcome was too predictable in attempt to swerve everyone. That being said, I can't help but wonder if Vince has perhaps realized that his planned main event for Mania 34 has become too predictable; let's face it, my 4 year old nephew can see it coming a mile away and he don't know ape shit about wrestling and WWE.

So...what if they've come up wth a plan B? Before anyone gets their hopes up, Roman Reigns is still in the main event of Mania and is still going over but what if Vince is considering to switch Brock with Mr. John Cena?

There's no doubt Reigns vs. Cena is a big time match and one of Wrestlemania caliber and even though many fans may shit about the idea, it's still a big fucking match. How this happens, you ask?

Well, according to some reports, after Summerslam, Cena is scheduled for RAW events, including house shows and in which he will be facing...Samoe Joe. Being that Cena is now known to be a "free agent", I think one can easily tie the dots thereafter: Samoe Joe wins the title at Summerslam, possibly pinning Roman while Brock and Braun eliminate themselves and big match John steps up to start a feud with Joe for his record winning 17th championship? Besides, who ever said it has to be the WWE Championship anyway?

This is a feud that could easily play out for a few months until perhaps Joe eventually drops the belt to Cena at the Royal Rumble, at which point they could then set up the feud with Roman culminating at Wrestlemania. In that case, you can have Lesnar vs. Strowman at Mania as well, not to mention a potential Aj Styles vs. Nakamura from the blue brand. If that ain't a fucking amazing card already, I don't know what is. And if you want to go even a step further, I've already pitched the idea for...Summerslam 2018: as Reigns is celebrating after defeating Cena (or Lesnar, if they elect to go with the original plan anyway) at the end of Wrestlemania.....dong....lights go out....dong...lights are back and Undertaker is in the ring. One chokeslam or a tomb stone is all it will take and there's your setup, with an epic return of the Dead Man. If the crowd doesn't go banana's in such a scenario, I'll quit ever talking again about anything wrestling related.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Having read all the posts from our fellow members above, I almost feel I’m going to be in the minority this week but I have to say, I really enjoyed the show this week and gave what I feel is a well deserved 7/10. Thoughts/notes:

- I think it’s only fair to start off with a big shout out to Toronto cause that crowd rocked last night. Quite frankly, them being so hot and vocal throughout the evening was perhaps an additional reason as to why I had a good time watching the show and gave it a high grade but it’s not like the show itself was bad; not in my view at least. Either way, a hot crowd always helps so…thumbs up to Toronto.

- Opening segment was quite good with Brock appearing on Miz TV courtesy of Kurt Angle. It’s too bad he didn’t get to speak, then again we all know how those go, don’t we. Either way, it served its purpose.

- I absolutely love the little twist they added in the Rollins/Ambrose storyline which obviously helps in the build to when they actually reunite…uh…next week, I would imagine? I mean, it’s rather obvious this is heading to a championship match for the tag straps so I guess Boston next week will have the pleasure of living that moment live. By the way, when Ambrose got that fist out….what a pop !!!

On a side note, cool tweak of Rollins’s entrance music in the beginning.

- I hope WWE took a note on the reaction Emma got last night. Hmm..who am I kidding, huh?

- So Bayley had a little…botch with the word “sucks” kind of slipping out there in the very beginning of her first answer?

- Main event was simply fantastic from start to finish and it just makes you wonder...what the fuck were they thinking last week putting Big Show and Cass in that spot?

- Speaking of...Big Show and Enzo officially a team now?

- Back to the main event...you know, for all the shit that we talk about Roman Reigns (and rightfully so, myself included), I don't think anyone can really deny his hard work in the ring, nor the fact that he has played a very vital part in the growth of Braun Strowman. It's been obviously talked to death that the problem with Roman is the booking and not the guy himself so I'll leave it that. My only note is, for all the shit we've talked about him, it's only fair to give him a bit of credit when he earns it...

- Last note, I think I have your winner for the Fatal 4-Way at Summerslam and though I thought about opening a new thread to discuss it, I'll post my thoughts here since its RAW related anyway.:

So...my initial thought about this match most of you might recall was Samoe Joe and my main reasoning was the perfect timing for capitalizing on his momentum. Well, I might as well make it my official prediction, being I feel that WWE will indeed capitalize on Joe's momentum and crown him the new Universal Champion come next Sunday.

Ever since the post Wrestlemania RAW show and based on Paul Heyman's promo, the rumored match for next years Mania in New Orleans has been Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship, with Roman obviously going over. It's no secret that Vince has had a hard on for this particular match and no one can really deny that their first one on one encounter a few Wrestlemania's back wasn't any good, up until Seth eventually cashed in his briefcase.

Now, while we all are aware of how stubborn Vince can be (caugh...Roman...caugh), we also know how he constantly changes his mind and doesn't even hesitate to change a finish shortly before a match starts and, well, occasionally on the fly as the match is in...progress. Let's not forget, he has even reportedly gone as far as changing a planned (or rumored, whatever) Royal Rumble winner because he realized the original outcome was too predictable in attempt to swerve everyone. That being said, I can't help but wonder if Vince has perhaps realized that his planned main event for Mania 34 has become too predictable; let's face it, my 4 year old nephew can see it coming a mile away and he don't know ape shit about wrestling and WWE.

So...what if they've come up wth a plan B? Before anyone gets their hopes up, Roman Reigns is still in the main event of Mania and is still going over but what if Vince is considering to switch Brock with Mr. John Cena?

There's no doubt Reigns vs. Cena is a big time match and one of Wrestlemania caliber and even though many fans may shit about the idea, it's still a big fucking match. How this happens, you ask?

Well, according to some reports, after Summerslam, Cena is scheduled for RAW events, including house shows and in which he will be facing...Samoe Joe. Being that Cena is now known to be a "free agent", I think one can easily tie the dots thereafter: Samoe Joe wins the title at Summerslam, possibly pinning Roman while Brock and Braun eliminate themselves and big match John steps up to start a feud with Joe for his record winning 17th championship? Besides, who ever said it has to be the WWE Championship anyway?

This is a feud that could easily play out for a few months until perhaps Joe eventually drops the belt to Cena at the Royal Rumble, at which point they could then set up the feud with Roman culminating at Wrestlemania. In that case, you can have Lesnar vs. Strowman at Mania as well, not to mention a potential Aj Styles vs. Nakamura from the blue brand. If that ain't a fucking amazing card already, I don't know what is. And if you want to go even a step further, I've already pitched the idea for...Summerslam 2018: as Reigns is celebrating after defeating Cena (or Lesnar, if they elect to go with the original plan anyway) at the end of Wrestlemania.....dong....lights go out....dong...lights are back and Undertaker is in the ring. One chokeslam or a tomb stone is all it will take and there's your setup, with an epic return of the Dead Man. If the crowd doesn't go banana's in such a scenario, I'll quit ever talking again about anything wrestling related.
Kind of a yawn there, brother. Cena eats the pin for everybody these days, including that dork Nakamura. WWE could very well bother with Cena vs Reigns but that's just a p*ss break for me.

The substance behind the rest of your theory is pretty sound to me. Considering that, I've read Undertaker feels he owes Vince and doesn't want to let him down. So, my sense of things suggests Taker is blue collar so he'd consider it a failure to appear at Mania without wrestling a match. The RAW after Mania? More likely, in my estimation.

Reactions: alexb

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
wait.. are you talking about the juggernaut, Leati Joseph Anoaʻi, the powerhouse, the big dog, THE guy, ROMAN REIGNSOH GOD NO I SAID HIS NAME FUUUUCK
I'm glad you enjoy saying his name so much...

Just don't start yelling it when you jerk off...
you don't want to end up just like Vince.

Or may-be you do?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
you don't want to end up just like Vince.

Or may-be you do?
2xeRjJm.png

shiii I hope so

• Haha
Reactions: Filet-o-Fish

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
They have enough talent these days to get away from some of the long term storylines. They could make a great show just pairing up a few matches using guys that will make a good match together.

I would love to see Emma just kick the crap out of Bayley for an extended period of time before getting a pin.

Finn Balor and Cesaro could probably put on one hell of a match. I would like to see it. hell they can even feud, everything didn't used to have to be about a title opportunity. Some great feuds didn't involve a title.

I could list more but It's frustrating. I usually enjoy Raw, even when the guys on the forum don't give it much praise, but I just got around to watching this weeks Raw and it was pretty lame.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was okay. 5/10

Things I liked:
- The MizTV with Lesnar and Heyman was a good opening segment.

- Rollins vs Sheamus was solid, but last week's match was better. On a side note, I don't like the fact that they went straight ahead with 50-50 booking this week, but oh well.

- Ambrose vs Cesaro was a bit long, but good, as well as the post-match segment with Rollins and Ambrose.

- Strowman vs Reigns was very good and entertaining.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Everything else.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Though.... after reading this thread I actually turned the show on and... Realized recently that I watch a segment on three main things. Entertain me... Work me to care about the people involved more than I did before... and give me matches where the result matters.

So based on that I've gotta give this show an 7/10.

Part of it may be the fresh eyes as watching guys like Rollins in a pretty damn interesting angle with Ambrose go do his thing in the ring again was really cool to see, but... MizTV was a blast and never overstayed its welcome, and Lesnar killing dudes is always fun TV, the Ambrose/Rollins feud is the best damn writing I've seen from RAW in years - probably since Ambrose's first babyface run, they're finally giving us a reason to get behind Seth as a babyface and making him come across as the guy who's changed his ways, and the crowd reaction for this angle spoke for itself... the three-ways gave us some fine filler - one of the matches was VERY good - and there was absolutely a better way to do it than this Grievous Memorial tournament where they made the whole rest of the division look totally worthless. They really do need to build three girls up - one to replace Bayley, one to replace Nia who needs to get the hell out of there before more people get hurt, and one because they already needed more depth, and.. This was good, though, so I can't nitpick it too much. The Bayley segment was fine on paper and it's sad that she was injured but thank goodness she can be off TV for a long time. Big Show didn't want to be there. Strowman and Roman was REALLY REALLY GOOD, and Strowman's ascension to WWE's top babyface continues to be going perfectly.

Biggest complaint is them spoiling the finish to the Summerslam main event - the only drawing card you have on that show is the 4-way, so I don't see why they added the "if Brock loses he leaves WWE" clause, so now I know Brock's winning. Thanks for saving me 10 bucks :D

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

- Opening segment was really good. Always like it when Lesnar goes ape sh*t, and starts killing noobs. Credit to the Miz 2, he was really good in this segment.

- Everything between Ambrose and Rollins was great.

- Rollins vs Sheamus was fun.

- Cesaro vs Ambrose went on for 20 minutes, wow. This was probably my favourite part of the show, along with Strowman throwing the chair in to Romans face lmao. I want to see more midcard guys getting matches like this.

- The Finn Balor and Bray Wyatt segment was actually ok.

- Main event was really fun. Highlights of the match were : Strowman murdering Roman by throwing a chair, Romans sick spear, and Joe interfering from the crowd at the end. Strowman wins with help from Joe.

Cons :

- Every 205 segment is a bad segment.

- Ohhh Nia vs Sasha next week, never seen that one before, I cant wait. Seriously though could you make this division any more lackluster. Why not give Emma the match next week, shake things up a little bit. Nah, it's much better to go with the same boring generic match again. You could have had 1 triple threat with Sasha and Nia both in it to make it at least somewhat interesting, but nope the roster has 4 stars, and the rest is enhancement talent. Well screw you and your revolution and the division, THEY ALL SUCK. Btw a legit injured Bayley is being booed, good job on that one. I think a return match with Nia Jax will get her over with the crowd again.

- Everything with Cass, Enzo and Big Show is also garbage

Overall : 7.5/10