Rate Raw 8/7/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Tonight's Raw

• 0/10 Like Green Power Ranger's Rate Threads

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10 Like Jacob Fox's Rate Thread

• Total voters

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Vince logic for ya
Possibly...I mean none of us here really know...

May-be if I worked for the WWE and
Vince paid my wage every month I'd just
smile and nod and agree with everything
Vince wanted to do.

I know personally as a fan of "TV show"
most of my "favorite characters" have
been misused, underused or completely
fucked over this year.

2016 was so much fun compared to this
year...at least it was in my opinion.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Possibly...I mean none of us here really know...

May-be if I worked for the WWE and
Vince paid my wage every month I'd just
smile and nod and agree with everything
Vince wanted to do.

I know personally as a fan of "TV show"
most of my "favorite characters" have
been misused, underused or completely
fucked over this year.

2016 was so much fun compared to this
year...at least it was in my opinion.

It seems like Raw in general has a hard time sticking to what it starts and the wrestlers suffer from this.
Like, I know you mainly watch for the women's end of the WWE so I can really see why you have a hard time enjoying it this year.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Like, I know you mainly watch for the women's end of the WWE so I can really see why you have a hard time enjoying it this year.
But its not just the women's division Snake...

~ A.J Styles has only won once on PPV this year...
~ Finn Balor being wasted in the mid-card...
~ Bray Wyatt being fucked over completely...
~ Luke Harper not even being on TV...
~ Enzo & Cass being broken up too early...
~ Rusev basically being a jobber for the top of the card guys...
~ Jinder wrestling three painfully boring PPV matches against Orton...
~ Kevin Owens being squashed at Fastlane...
~ Nakamura's disappointing main roster run...(so far)

Now don't get me wrong...some elements have worked...
Samoa Joe is great, Strowman is awesome, Corbin has been...okay...
but the rest of it seems like a giant mess with a boring and played
out direction.

The WWE has all the pieces it needs to put together a great wrestling
show every week...but they just don't...

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
But its not just the women's division Snake...

~ A.J Styles has only won once on PPV this year...
~ Finn Balor being wasted in the mid-card...
~ Bray Wyatt being fucked over completely...
~ Luke Harper not even being on TV...
~ Enzo & Cass being broken up too early...
~ Rusev basically being a jobber for the Top Card...
~ Jinder wrestling three painfully boring PPV matches against Orton...
~ Kevin Owens being squashed at Fastlane...
~ Nakamura's disappointing main roster run...(so far)

Now don't get me wrong...some elements have worked...
Samoa Joe is great, Strowman is awesome, Corbin has been...okay...
but the rest of it seems like a giant mess with a boring and played
out direction.

The WWE has all the pieces it needs to put together a great wrestling
show every week...but they just don't...

Oh I know. I can't keep my interest. I watch recaps and I am even losing interest in those. For the first time ever they have so much talent that they don't know what to do with it...
And instead of figuring it out, they allow half the roster to be stuck in limbo and the other half minus maybe 10 of them to be stuck in a hole somewhere.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Let's see Monday Night Raw! The flagship show of the wwe! Yeah! Only 2 hours away from me again. Awesome!

And since wrestle mania I haven't watched a stitch of raw (OK I saw some of the end of GBOF the ambulance scene), and hardly any.. I mean hardly. Maybe 1 full ep of smack down. Which was my definite favourite before WM33/shake up.

I didn't even know it was 2 hours away this week. Idk how, I mean I knew about survivor series practically 6 months ahead.

@Grievous man, join me on the bright side and revisit the attitude era...or hell, whatever era you liked the best. Trust me, even though it's old, it is still way more fun to watch than the junk that's being fed every week currently. I grew up in the 90s attitude. Running around the schoolyard at 8 and 9 years old giving the finger and opening a can of whoop ass and stunnering each other was the best. And now being able to watch every episode and ppv as an adult, I appreciate the era so much more. Oh the nostalgia. Lol

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I got a GREAT IDEA! Vince Should hire those of us on the HoH thread to come out and help with the Creations and matches. Im sure we do a better Job on here than what Vince has been doing lately.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Let's see Monday Night Raw! The flagship show of the wwe! Yeah! Only 2 hours away from me again. Awesome!

And since wrestle mania I haven't watched a stitch of raw (OK I saw some of the end of GBOF the ambulance scene), and hardly any.. I mean hardly. Maybe 1 full ep of smack down. Which was my definite favourite before WM33/shake up.

I didn't even know it was 2 hours away this week. Idk how, I mean I knew about survivor series practically 6 months ahead.

@Grievous man, join me on the bright side and revisit the attitude era...or hell, whatever era you liked the best. Trust me, even though it's old, it is still way more fun to watch than the junk that's being fed every week currently. I grew up in the 90s attitude. Running around the schoolyard at 8 and 9 years old giving the finger and opening a can of whoop ass and stunnering each other was the best. And now being able to watch every episode and ppv as an adult, I appreciate the era so much more. Oh the nostalgia. Lol
I wish I could be like you. My start in wrestling was in early 2009. Can't appreciate the era as much when I look back and all I see is John Cena and Randy Orton. XD

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I still suggest you watch the attitude era then. Although you may not fully understand the whole experience, since the times were different and the pop culture was different, it's still awesome. If you want to start from the beginning it's about mid way through 97, but I skipped to the first ep of 98. Currently watching the raw after mania 14. Fuckin awesome tv.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know right!

All of the characters have such a natural feel that even in today's world, it feels real. Their characters were just an extension of them back then. Everything felt so natural.

Even watching the hardy boys in 2017wwe is wayyyy different than 99/2000.. their interviews now days feel so rehearsed and unnatural. I've only seen a few, but they all felt so off.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
@Grievous man, join me on the bright side and revisit the attitude era...
You see...I watched during the Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars...
and while it was more interesting with larger than life characters and some
over-the-top story lines...the wrestling was fairly poor (apart from any
Angle/Benoit matches that is)

All I want is some developed characters taking part in some interesting story
lines combined with some intense and quality wrestling.

God forbid I actually get that from a wrestling company.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Oh I know. I can't keep my interest. I watch recaps and I am even losing interest in those. For the first time ever they have so much talent that they don't know what to do with it...
And instead of figuring it out, they allow half the roster to be stuck in limbo and the other half minus maybe 10 of them to be stuck in a hole somewhere.

30k posts later and I can barely finish one little post here on this board these days.
My reaction to every topic is "yeah this could be cool but it won't be because Vince"

Only thing I want to see is Ward back in control of Smackdown, and only real things I'll even want to read on the dirtsheets is who the writer is.
Know he's part of Raw and that's why we're starting to get stuff that make us care - and the ME scene I'm going out of my way to watch now
Still caring about head writers is not a good way to watch wrestling.
I miss the days when I could mark out over my favorite underpushed indy dude, argue about the wrestlers in general.
Guess I'll just enjoy 'em while they're still on NXT. Like we did Bayley

Reactions: Solid Snake

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I was born in 91, So I've been watching WWE for 25 yrs. I miss the Attitude Era.

It's weird, what I miss the most is 1993 and 1994 in WCW from the time Vader won his third World title up until right before Flair lost to Hogan. It wasn't always the best wrestling or stories, but it was sort of "my thing." I had this little TV in this little bedroom and I would get a foot long meatball sub and a huge soda and sit in the dark watching WCW Saturday Night. I've been watching wrestling since 1985 and that's what I miss the most.

I have no idea what it was like being a fan during the AE though. I quit watching right after Austin won his first title and then watched the whole AE in 2003 by trading tapes.... trading tapes...now that makes me feel old