Rate Raw 11/20/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Whatever Vince...I just won't watch the guy...and you can't force me to.
oh but that won't stop you from talking about it every time
giphy.gif

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Jakey...save yourself the stress & annoyance and just don't watch any
segments or matches featuring "The Guy I don't mention by Name"

I am willing to put myself through the torment so that I can make sure the rate threads go up right away. Ironically I wasn't feeling good last night and Solid Snake nicely filled in the result of the last match for me.

giphy.gif

I can't speak for Grievous but refusing to watch something doesn't preclude anyone from talking about it and it shouldn't. Watching is supporting it. Complaining about it is not. For example, WWE couldn't care less if people hate Roman as long as those people who do watch him. When he speaks of Reigns, he is definitely not supportive.

Besides, wrestling conversation is like 95% complaining . If we stopped bitching about what we didn't like, every wrestling forum would probably die. (definitely hyperbole).

Reactions: Grievous 3D

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
I can't speak for Grievous but refusing to watch something doesn't preclude anyone from talking about it and it shouldn't. Watching is supporting it. Complaining about it is not. For example, WWE couldn't care less if people hate Roman as long as those people who do watch him. When he speaks of Reigns, he is definitely not supportive.

Besides, wrestling conversation is like 95% complaining . If we stopped bitching about what we didn't like, every wrestling forum would probably die. (definitely hyperbole).
I'm all for complaining about stuff we dislike, it just gets a bit childish to hate on Roman in every Raw thread just to follow it up with "but I won't watch it". You know what I mean? That's like me not watching Stranger Things but still complaining about their episodes. Makes no sense. Or even in wrestling, I don't watch the cruiserweights most of the time and whenever I don't watch it, I just don't talk about it because, like I said, why would I criticize something I didn't even watch? If you truly don't care about something, you'd just leave it be and that's why I think it's a bit phony

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm all for complaining about stuff we dislike, it just gets a bit childish to hate on Roman in every Raw thread just to follow it up with "but I won't watch it". You know what I mean? That's like me not watching Stranger Things but still complaining about their episodes. Makes no sense. Or even in wrestling, I don't watch the cruiserweights most of the time and whenever I don't watch it, I just don't talk about it because, like I said, why would I criticize something I didn't even watch? If you truly don't care about something, you'd just leave it be and that's why I think it's a bit phony

That's just it though. He does care. That's why he talks about it. He sees them pushing Roman as detrimental to the show and that is why he mentions it all the time. People tend to talk about things that get under their skin more often than things they like.

I'd be curious too though. Do you dislike the cruiserweights or are you just apathetic about it? Keeping in mind that disliking something and not liking something are not the same. If you simply don't like them but do not dislike them, then it makes sense that you don't talk about them.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
That's just it though. He does care. That's why he talks about it. He sees them pushing Roman as detrimental to the show and that is why he mentions it all the time. People tend to talk about things that get under their skin more often than things they like.

I'd be curious too though. Do you dislike the cruiserweights or are you just apathetic about it? Keeping in mind that disliking something and not liking something are not the same. If you simply don't like them but do not dislike them, then it makes sense that you don't talk about them.
I just see that as a social thing. Like, in real life, if I'd talk to a person that is constantly getting heated over things that they don't wanna have anything to do with, I wouldn't wanna hang out with them. Either say you care about something, then get heated over it (it's ok to care about things you dislike/don't like) or just don't get heated all together.

I don't think I fully dislike any wrestler. The ones that are on our TV every week gave their life to this and the least I can do is respect that. As far as the cruiserweights go, they just didn't get me interested in the storylines yet. I watch them when they're on a PPV or they have a huge title change on a Raw or something but as a weekly thing, they're just not consistently interesting to me. So when I see a multi-tag team cruiserweight match, I tend to skip and forget about it. But it's not a thing of "not liking them" either, because I want them to succeed and make me care for them, it just hasn't clicked with me yet

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yep...and your point is?

I'm also surprised you didn't offer any rebuttal to my statements...
you just said what I said was an "objective fail"

can't speak for Grievous but refusing to watch something doesn't preclude anyone from talking about it and it shouldn't. Watching is supporting it. Complaining about it is not. For example, WWE couldn't care less if people hate Roman as long as those people who do watch him. When he speaks of Reigns, he is definitely not supportive.
Correct...

I'm all for complaining about stuff we dislike, it just gets a bit childish to hate on Roman in every Raw thread just to follow it up with "but I won't watch it". You know what I mean?
You know...I guess we kind of agree on something...

You think its childish to hate on "The Guy I won't Mention By Name"...
I think its childish for anyone to support/defend him...so opposite sides
of a coin flip I guess.

You are free to post your opinions & I am free to post mine...and I
suggest if you find my opinions "childish" then click that ignore button
and you wont have to put up with them anymore.

Win/Win...

He sees them pushing Roman as detrimental to the show and that is why he mentions it all the time.
Bingo! We have a winner! Hand this man a beer!

Too many other performers have suffered because
of this tone-deaf push and frankly I will never watch
"The Guy I won't Mention By Name" because he is
FUCKING BORING!

Perhaps I'd actually like the guy if he had a compelling
character or more personality than a fridge wearing a
SWAT vest.

Think of it this way...the WWE is a TV show right? Well...I
will simply ignore their "lead character" and focus on the
more interesting supporting characters.

I can still have opinion on the lead character...but...I'd
rather spend my time talking about the other characters.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I Guess my reason for not watching current WWE, Is that the new talent just doesnt interest me as much as the old talent did..

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
You know...I guess we kind of agree on something...

You think its childish to hate on "The Guy I won't Mention By Name"...
I think its childish for anyone to support/defend him...so opposite sides
of a coin flip I guess.

You are free to post your opinions & I am free to post mine...and I
suggest if you find my opinions "childish" then click that ignore button
and you wont have to put up with them anymore.

Win/Win...
how is it childish to defend someone? I don't get it. If I say Charlotte sucks and you defend her.. is that childish on your part? No it's not. What's childish is copy and pasting "the guy I won't mention" 23 times instead of just saying the name we all know you mean.
Also, "You are free to post your opinions & I am free to post mine" so don't catch feelings when I disagree on something, ok? A forum is about discussion.

I Guess my reason for not watching current WWE, Is that the new talent just doesnt interest me as much as the old talent did..
define "old"? A decade ago or a couple years ago?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
If I say Charlotte sucks and you defend her..
Well no...if you said that I would just roll my eyes and say "Whatever"
and move on with my life.

What's childish is copy and pasting "the guy I won't mention" 23 times instead of just saying the name we all know you mean.
But...you told me if I type his name I'll be helping to get him over...
and I don't want to help do that...so I decided to take a different approach.

You didn't like the hashtag I was using...so I changed it...

You know...that ignore function may save you a lot of stress and worry...
and frankly I don't appreciate being called childish...so I will ask you to
please stop.

Also, "You are free to post your opinions & I am free to post mine" so don't catch feelings when I disagree on something, ok? A forum is about discussion.
Yes...discussion...not insults...I hope you understand the difference.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
how is it childish to defend someone? I don't get it. If I say Charlotte sucks and you defend her.. is that childish on your part? No it's not. What's childish is copy and pasting "the guy I won't mention" 23 times instead of just saying the name we all know you mean.

define "old"? A decade ago or a couple years ago?
Let me just say, Its fine to have a discussion, But please dnt start an argument. Why are u so bothered by Grievous Saying that about Roman, anyways? If u dnt like it, Ignore him and u wnt have to see the response over and over again. Im personally not bothered by it because I understand what he's getting at. Just drop the subject and move on, PLEASE?!
-
By old I mean: Christian, Batista, Edge, Lita, RVD, Rey Mysterio.. ppl of that Era. People that actually KNEW how to put on good shows and keep our interests.

Last edited:

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes...discussion...not insults...I hope you understand the difference.
I never insulted you, I just pointed something out I didn't like about your post. If anyone has a problem with me I'd rather have them tell me too instead of ignoring me all together.

By old I mean: Christian, Batista, Edge, Lita ppl of that Era. People that actually KNEW how to put on good shows and keep our interests.
that's interesting because, I mean I can only speak for myself, but when I look back at 05/06 I have great memories of that era because I was a kid and I just enjoyed watching Rey Mysterio win the world title and see Batista run through everybody. But in a way, the older you get, the more aware you become and the more you know what's really going on. And the more you know about how things actually run backstage and stuff, the less enjoyable it gets. Because now you have dirt sheets, rumors, leaked information or even wrestlers beefing on twitter everywhere so everything is way too overexposed and on top of that it's way harder to buy into it because we're not kids anymore and we see right through it all.

Well, I didn't plan on writing as much about it as I did. I think it's interesting to think about because when I look back at 05/06 I'm not just looking back on the wrestling itself but moreso the nostalgic feeling I get off of it and that's why it has a more special place in my wrestling heart, maybe it's the same for you idk

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd rather see Roman as Intercontinental Champion than Universal Champion, though people don't like him, the dude puts on great matches and if the whole open challenge thing is going to be happening, then he could potentially do what Cena did with the US title and give guys a chance at the belt whilst also giving them a chance to face one of the best currently in the business.

Matt Hardy, Jason Jordan, Elias, if the rumours about Neville returning are true then you can give him a match as well. I personally don't mind him winning the belt, but as long as it's not a repeat of what happened with the US title, then we're good.

I believe that Reigns will continue to do these open challenges until the Royal Rumble approaches, where he'll face John Cena in a match for the title. It makes sense, Cena coming after Reigns after Roman starts doing the open challenge, and gives WWE an opportunity to have Cena win his first IC title, perhaps heading into Mania with it to face someone like Samoa Joe. If that does happen, Joe gets the victory at Mania, and has a lengthy reign with the belt before dropping it to someone like Balor.

Oh, and the show I rate 7/10. It was good.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Guys, we've already established what you do and don't like about each other's approach to posting. That's enough of that and keep the topic about Raw not about each other.