Rant

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

3lions

Reaction score
Man, if you think Mike feels his forum is dying you obvioulsy have never listened to anything he has ever said.

I've read many threads during my time in IWF where the originals like Mike & 3lions discuss the begining days. And where as many people feel the IWF is dying right now because people are leaving, and that there may not be as much conversation going on, and prefer how it was about a year ago when there was always 30 plus people online posting constantly, they will tell you they liked it even better before that when the forum was small. You think they care that its going back to that where its just a small group of people discussing wrestling and other stuff? Of course not, they are probably happy as hell. And with a few exceptions (soulpower for example) they are probably just as happy as I am with some of the people who left. (ie. FlamesofFury)

This forum may be suffering from a lack of activity but as many people have stated, the passion for wrestling isn't there right now. And just as the wrestling industry goes in cycles (hot, cold, hot, cold) so does this forum. Now if those little cry babies like TOK & FOF (to name two) want to go bitch and moan about how its unfair that rules don't get enforced everything they get in shit for breaking one, then its fine by me. I'd rather personally have just a small group of people to discuss with then a large group of assholes like the two I mentioned who couldn't have an intelegent conversation if there lives depended on it.

You hit the nail on the head there This Guy. There bets time here at IWF for me was back when i first joined. The forum was very small compared to this and didn't have half the features as IWF currently has, but that was what made it so good. People didn't spend their time chatting shit in the Shoutbox or whatever, they'd be posting in the main sections of the forum. Maybe it weren't as active as most would have liked, but the collection of core members on that forum was great. Those guys made the forum and that group cannot be replicated.

However, during that period of time, Wrestling was going through the boom period and wrestling was at its peak. That encouraged more members to sign up and then remain active. Everyone was enthusiastic for the product and would talk intelligently about it. But like This Guy said, Wrestling is crap at the moment and the passion has gone for most, so obviously things won't be such a buzz round here.

But the bottom line is, if people don't want to be here; leave. It's simple as that. And if you say you're leaving, then leave for good. Don't come back under a different alias 4 hours later and lurk around the shoutbox for an hour (TOK).

Reaction score
more than half of the threads around right now make sense......which I'm sad to say wasn't the case when I joined not that long ago.........i still joined 'cause overall it looked like a good place to discuss wrestling......personally I don't know a lot of people that watch and the few that do don't really know what's going on except the kayfabe shit...neway the forum looks better now to me personally since I don't have to look at 10 new threads on each sub-forum everyday to see which ones I want to reply to...

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
ThisGuy is definitely right for sure and so is 3lions.

The forum has had its HUGE ups and HUGE downs. And either way it never affected me at all. If the forum was "dying" (it has been worse than people say it is right now when it isn't even bad) or if it was in a boom period which has happened a lot. Both of which have happened and will continue to happen. Eventually the forum on this server will crash or be deleted and the forum will be remade all over again...... like it has the past 5 times! And I will come back, 3lions will come back like we have always done and a few others will continue to come back (probably Slash,Thisguy,Chuck,MS, the main staff people and main veterans hoping for a mod spot which they will probably get). Same shit. I can see the forum being remade all over again from scratch and many many new people will come, and SOME people of current status will come too.

I don't know I guess I cant put it into words that good.

Rell

Reaction score
Whatever you say Cabana...

Great One

Oh, to actually add to the topic, I'd like to point out that I haven't seen the IWF staff (including myself) this active in a LONG fucking time, so I don't see the logic. I've never seen the top staff/old guys on at the same time as much as they are on now.

Rell

Reaction score
Wait, are you calling me Ja Rule? lol

Wrestling Station

If the ranting is not infront of the White House, then its an un-noticable rant :( hehe..

anyway, i think these days its kinda not so active as before is just because i think most members are still students, so they are kinda busy with studies and exams.

As for other reasons, i think some people would have some problems in their real life, moving homes, busy at work, etc.. but i know that this forum is one of the most active ones on the interent.

As for me, i was SUPER active before and that was for several reasons:

1- I moved to a new department at work and that department was new so not much patients or work, and i have interent in my office.. that explains alot the 7 straight hours logged online.

2- I also enjoyed the forum as it was fun and stuff.

3- Being super active at the start of the new IWF, as i wanted to make my name known to others as i was new to IWF. So that is a factor that might tell that new members now are the most active to make their name known more to others. (im not talking about the attention whores, thats another story lol).

So from that been said, i think that its not easy to control the kind of members that may/may not join the forum. Age, sex, IQ levels or whatsoever, coz its the interenet that cant provide you with their real Civil IDs.

Last but not least, to everyone who is reading this, try to not take things so personal on any forum. Try to take it as a time for you to have fun and waste sometime to enjoy...and thats it :)

3lions

Reaction score
Yhh the Staff are much much more active recently than previously, especially myself. I spend much more time here than I used to (which is surprising, seeing as I can't stad wrestling right now and contemplated quitting it altogether a while back). I don't see why people moan so much about the forum not being active. There always a good 4/5 pages of 'ew posts' when I log on, and that is more than enough for me.