Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

http://www.rohwrestling.com/pastresults/

imo

Pretty much all results for the big shows right there. ROH has been really good lately tbh, the booking I feel has been good, kind of like old times. The HDNet shows have also been pretty good, steenerico and KENTA Vs The Wolves and Chris Hero in a pretty long match from this past weeks. Everything has been quite good. Also, AUSTIN ARIES = FIRST EVER 2 TIME ROH WORLD CHAMP! Yeah, go to the link for show results and whatnot :y:

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
http://www.rohwrestling.com/pastresults/

imo

Pretty much all results for the big shows right there. ROH has been really good lately tbh, the booking I feel has been good, kind of like old times. The HDNet shows have also been pretty good, steenerico and KENTA Vs The Wolves and Chris Hero in a pretty long match from this past weeks. Everything has been quite good. Also, AUSTIN ARIES = FIRST EVER 2 TIME ROH WORLD CHAMP! Yeah, go to the link for show results and whatnot :y:

everything really looks the same as summer of last year, but w/o Nigel and now with Jerry Lynn. I'm not even feeling the buzz reading the past string of results, it's more of same old, same old. I might have to get a DVD to see what I'm missing.

Soulpower

^^^There's a couple of recent matches in the media section. You should give them a look. The Strong/Lynn match was pretty good (From A Cut Above), as was the 2 out of 3 falls between the American Wolves and Jay Briscoe/Kevin Steen (From The Homecoming II)

Soulpower

Holy Jebus!

Nigel vs Roderick, Ladder War II (Steenerico vs American Wolves), Kingston vs Hero and now Aries vs Danielson (For the ROH title) have all been announced for the New York show in September.

Qwake

Yeah the show is really starting to look good, Nigel Vs Roddy should be good, I know their last encounter was and hopefully Strong gets the win this time. Steenerico Vs The Wolves in the second ever ladder war should be awesome, that should really top off their feud. Aries Vs Danielson is pretty much instantly good, hopefully they have another classic match.

Also, how do the Wolves face Steenerico in a ladder war then Kingston face Hero in the same New York show? Anyways, those are some pretty awesome matches.

Ballin

Reaction score
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrjEvQe7OsQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrjEvQe7OsQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Also have Stylin and Profilin, this is just my latest.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
ECW Champ - Christian - went to ROH for How We Roll
WHC - CM Punk - ROH Legend
TNA Champ - Styles - former ROH guy
X Division - Samoa Joe (what the fuck?)
IWGP Tag - Doug Williams
GHC Heavyweight - Go Shiozaki
GHC Junior - KENTA
GHC Junior Tag - Taiji & KENTA
Dream Gate - Doi
Triangle Gate - World 1 w/ PAC

pretty good, right?

Soulpower

Here's the card for this weekend's shows.

October 9:

The legendary Jim Cornette will be in attendance for a special FREE meet & greet with the fans prior to the show!!!

A Double L Double
Austin Aries Will Hold His Lucky Lottery To See Who He Faces For The ROH World Title

First Time In ROH
World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Kenny Omega

Homecoming II Rematch
Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn

Special Challenge Match
Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong

Manhattan Mayhem III Rematch
The Young Bucks vs. Rhett Titus & Kenny King

Tag Team Action
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The House of Truth

SHIMMER Match
SHIMMER Champion MsChif vs. Nicole Matthews

Also scheduled to appear:
-Petey Williams
-Ace Steel
-Colt “Boom Boom” Cabana
-Delirious
-Claudio Castagnoli
-Plus more.

October 10 (Survival Of The Fittest):

Main Event- Survival of the Fittest Elimination Match
The six winners of their Survival of the Fittest qualifying matches will compete in an elimination match

Dream Tag Team Match
ROH World Champion Austin Aries & Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

Survival of Fittest Qualifying Match
Kenny Omega vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn

Petey Williams vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Tyler Black vs. Kenny King

Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana

Roderick Strong vs. Rhett Titus

Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
TBA vs. TBA

Tag Team Action
The Young Bucks vs. The House of Truth

Montana

Look like decent shows, but not must buys.

The legendary Jim Cornette will be in attendance for a special FREE meet & greet with the fans prior to the show!!!

A Double L Double
Austin Aries Will Hold His Lucky Lottery To See Who He Faces For The ROH World Title (delirious)

First Time In ROH
World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Kenny Omega

Homecoming II Rematch
Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn (Black will probably win, but Hero has a gold elbow pad now. Hero should get the win)

Special Challenge Match
Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong...Steen is out of it after the ladder war.

Manhattan Mayhem III Rematch
The Young Bucks vs. Rhett Titus & Kenny King (i hate the young bucks)

Tag Team Action
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The House of Truth

SHIMMER Match
SHIMMER Champion MsChif vs. Nicole Matthews

Also scheduled to appear:
-Petey Williams
-Ace Steel (WTF)
-Colt “Boom Boomâ€￾ Cabana
-Delirious
-Claudio Castagnoli
-Plus more.

October 10 (Survival Of The Fittest):

Main Event- Survival of the Fittest Elimination Match
The six winners of their Survival of the Fittest qualifying matches will compete in an elimination match (Omega)

Dream Tag Team Match
ROH World Champion Austin Aries & Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (to set up Richards/Aries)

Kenny Omega vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn

Petey Williams vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Tyler Black vs. Kenny King

Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana

Roderick Strong vs. Rhett Titus

Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
TBA vs. TBA

Tag Team Action
The Young Bucks vs. The House of Truth ( I hate the young bucks)

Soulpower

I'm just wondering when Briscoes v Richards/Aries became a dream match.

Don't get me wrong, I expect a great match, but a dream match? Not sure I would go that far.

Qwake

Alright, with Kevin Steen out who would you guys like to see El Generico get in the ring with?

There are alot of guys I would like to see Generico face, maybe a one off title match with Aries, Aries could draw his name in the A Double L Double, he could also have some great matches with Roderick Strong, Chris Hero, they would be my two main picks but I also think him Vs Sonjay Dutt would be a crazy matchup, plent of other talent he could face too though. Who would you guys most like to see him face?

Montana

UPcoming Shows

Detroit:

Six Man Tag Team Main Event
ROH World Champion Tyler Black & World Tag Team Champions The Briscoe Brothers vs. The American Wolves & Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn

Pick 6 Series Match
(6) Roderick Strong vs. Kenny Omega

Tag Team Challenge Match
Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. The Super Smash Brothers

Scheduled to appear:
-Austin Aries
-Colt Cabana
-El Generico
-Kenny King
-Petey Williams
-The House of Truth
-Tyson Dux

=============================================
Shitty main event, i bought front row tickets for this show too. I was hoping for Austin/Black, Aries/Richards II, Briscoes v. Wolves. Something that meant something. Strong vs. OMega will be good though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

TV Tapings

Semi-Finals & Finals- World TV Title Tournament

(1) Kevin Steen vs. (6) Eddie Edwards

(2) Kenny King vs. (4) Davey Richards

====================================================
King or Steen should get the belt out of these wrestlers. They need someone with Mic skills and charisma for the TV Belt.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Ontario 3-20

Clash of the Contenders Rematch
Kenny Omega vs. Davey Richards with Shane Hagadorn

Pick 6 Series Match
(3) Chris Hero vs. El Generico

- Solid matches so far.

[yt]ADssdqDplaE[/yt]

Montana

Boy, the ROH section is losing interest fast...

Anyways....i was watching some shows from 07 and 08 and i've noticed Erick Stevens was a beast! With ROH losing a lot of top stars, they NEED Stevens to be stepping his game up. Not BS'n around with the embassy. He could be a legit main eventer (heel) His biggest problem is that he's good in the ring, but people just don't like the guy. You can't deny some of his matches with Strong, Aries, Richards, Danielson and more. I'm surprised ROH isn't using him more. Especially with the long list of talent that has left, or is part time.

Hometown Kid

Yeah ROH as a whole has been kind of without buzz lately. I remember saying awhile ago that the company needs a champion that could sort of bring back the spirit of about 3-5 years ago. I think the guys they've had of late represent what's wrong with ROH more than leading to the future.

I HATE the Pick 6 thing. It's just ridiculously complicated and a regular top 5 would have had the same purpose without a bunch of stipulations diluting it. Seems like a Russo idea.

Personal preference: I miss the NOAH guys a lot too.

Erick Stevens has had it rough for awhile now. He was starting to pick up steam when he was teaming with Roddy until Aires fizzled that feud out. He's a little like Brent Albright (Welcome back btw. :y:). He's a hardnosed kinda guy and always a solid hand but there's only so far they can take him before the fans start to reject him. I like him though and he definitely deserves better than screwing off with this awful Embassy incarnation. Love that Doc Bomb.

Reaction score
I hate to say it but does ROH even have a future? I hope they succeed but in the 90's ECW had its day and then supplied talent to the major promotions. Sound familiar?