• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

therazar

Reaction score
Misread the first time.

Yeah the Chicago show could be the best show of the year so far. I have a dvd from a show there and the whole show was pretty good.

Rell

Reaction score
Jerry Lynn, REALLY ??? :sick:

has anyone seen ROH's tv show ?? When the hell did they sign a TV deal lol..

Mr.Carter

Reaction score
That is what I was thinking. When did they get a TV Deal.

Soulpower

They signed a deal a couple of months ago. You can find the shows on Youtube if you haven't seen them.

By the way, Peepshow.. It'll be Lynn vs Colt Cabana for the title at the Chicago Ridge show. Here's the current card for that show.

ROH World Title Match
Jerry Lynn (if still champion) defends vs. Colt Cabana

Special Challenge Match
Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Rave

First Time In ROH
Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney

Three Way Match
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Roderick Strong vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I found this pretty interesting with the Sweeney situation. And it looks like this is why they're not working with Dragon Gate anymore. I don't think ROH is 100% believable with this statement, it shows that they might be hurting in money terms.

Ring of Honor issued the following exclusive statement to PWInsider.com this afternoon in response to requests for comment on recent statements made by ROH talent Larry Sweeney and Dragon Gate's CIMA:

We would like to comment on several topics that have been addressed by outside sources over the past week in regards to Ring of Honor. This will be our only public comment in regards to these issues.

First, Alex Whybrow's (Larry Sweeney) claim that he is owed money from ROH. Mr. Whybrow is under contract with Ring of Honor. His contract clearly states that he is paid "X" amount of dollars when he appears for Ring of Honor. Mr. Whybrow has been paid in full for all dates in which he has performed in front of Ring of Honor fans. Any claims in regards to payment for dates in which he has been unable to perform is not in accordance with his ROH contract. Everybody at Ring of Honor would like to wish Alex the best of luck in dealing with his current issues.

Secondly, CIMA from the Dragon Gate promotion in Japan has made claims that Ring of Honor owes Dragon Gate money from our Sept. 2008 show stating "Some of the ROH wrestlers' airfare and their guarantees were supposed be shared between two companies, but the promise had never been kept." This statement is false. All Ring of Honor talent was paid in full for these events along with their airfare. CIMA and the Dragon Gate promotion are very well aware of what agreements they did not live up to in regards to the ROH/Dragon Gate show and why we choose to no longer do business with them.

dark patriot

Reaction score
with ROh buying new $12,000 camera before they even went on tv plus paying Flair all that cash i doubt they are hurting. plus Sweeney seems to be off his rocker anyways from other things ive read.

Montana

I think the Sweeney thing is all a storyline. A pretty good one if its is, if not...ROH messed up.

The Chicago Show "Homecoming II" is looking pretty stacked with the addition of the Tag Title rematch.

ROH World Title Match

World Tag Team Title Match- 2 Out Of 3 Falls
The American Wolves (if still champions) defend vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Special Challenge Match

First Time In ROH

Three Way Match

Tag Team Action
The Dark City Fight Club vs. The Phoenix Twins

Singles Action
Egotistico Fantastico vs. “Skullkrusherâ€￾ Rasche Brown

They can probably add one more pretty good match too. I even like the DCFC vs. Phoenix Twins...hopefully its not a squash.

Qwake

That show looks awesome, "Egotistico Fantastico vs. “Skullkrusher” Rasche Brown" dunno who these guys are but I don't think they will take to much of the shows time. They should be able to fit one more match on the card unless they don't and just have the already made matches have alot of time each which would be good also.

PEEPSHOW YOU LUCKY BASTARD~!

Here's my predictions anyways...

ROH World Title Match

As much as I want Colt to win I don't think he's going to since Lynn has only had the title for a little while. This would be a good match for in a few months time when Colt could actually take the title, this should be a good match with Colt getting the majority of the cheers since he's in his hometown.

World Tag Team Title Match- 2 Out Of 3 Falls
The American Wolves (if still champions) defend vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

As much as I hate to say it, I think the American Wolves will retain. Sucks that Steenerico lost the title and it was quite early that they lost them but atleast the Wolves will retain in a brutal match, 2 out of 3 falls matches are always good.

Special Challenge Match

I dunno why but I think Rave will get the win. He has lost quite a bit since returning so getting an upset win over Danielson would be good, this should be an epic match, would also be awesome if people threw toilet paper at Rave like in the past :D

First Time In ROH

Another good match up here which will take place for the first time, I want Hero to win but ROH seem really high on Black atm so I think he will win, although Hero has been winning quite a bit lately so it could go either way. The winner will probably/hopefully get another title shot some time.

Three Way Match

Yet ANOTHER good match, I really dunno who's gonna win this, I'm guessing either Claudio or Roddy since Jacobs hasn't won in ages! I choose Roddy since he pwns.

Tag Team Action
The Dark City Fight Club vs. The Phoenix Twins

DCFC ARE AWESOME! No doubt they'll win, I hope this gets an average amount of time atleast, better not be another 3min squash match.

Whats your guys predictions?

PeepShow

Am I the only one that finds Tyler Black to be completely BLAH?

Also, who are the Phoenix Twins? And the last singles match, I have no idea who those guys are either.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I think the Sweeney thing is all a storyline. A pretty good one if its is, if not...ROH messed up.

I honestly hope it isn't. Bi-polar is something that I take srsly since one of my friends suffers from it, so I really hope Sweeney wouldn't claim to have it just for storyline purposes.

I doubt it's a storyline anyway, but I hope it isn't.

PeepShow

I ordered my tix for the Chicago show over a week ago and I still don't have them. I've ordered a few other things from them before and I've received them in like 4 days tops. Are tickets different or something? Do you pick them up at the event?

EDIT- fuck you BKB

Montana

Well....I see they have the 10$ sale, and i think i'm going to pick up some 2005 shows. a few shows have caught my eye, but i think i'm only going to get two. Which 2 should i go with (or something else from 2004-2005 i didnt mention)

- Nowhere to Run

- The Future is Now

- Fate of an Angel

- Glory by Honor 3

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

- Nowhere to Run

- Fate of an Angel

Got both of these and I'd definitely recommend getting both. Anything around that time when Punk was finishing up in ROH was really good.