Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I guess there is different ways to follow the product depending if you like spoilers.

1) (spoiler free $$) Buy the DVD's and PPV's and go to live shows. Depending where you live, ROH generally puts on a great live show. They hit most of the eastcoast martket. You can pretty easily follow the product with like one dvd every 6 weeks or so. Although normally ppl get a few at the time...so you might go 2-3 months without watching any ROH.

2) (regular way) Newswires + Videowires are a good way to go, along with getting the shows. Newswires hype up the upcoming shows, and the video wires have highlights. I like to read results for the shows too. It doesnt spoil much because it doesnt get released to DVD for another 4 -5 weeks. So by the time i actually see it, the storylines can be 2-3 months behind. But the way they book their stuff. It might be 3 months behind, BUT with their format...its really like 2-3 weeks wwe/tna time. So when you do catch the shows, its pretty easy to pick up where you left off.

But live shows are the best, depending on your area.

PeepShow

I live a couple hours from Chicago, so I'm guessing that good. I've seen they stop in the Chicago area quite often, right?

Also, yeah SP, I'd love to have that show. What's their last PPV?

Montana

Motorcity madness is a pretty weak show ( I was there) But pretty good for a introductory show. Showcases most the roster.

Chicago gets some of the best ROH shows. Easily worth the price of admission + the drive.

1chiban

Reaction score
I love it how the official ROH channel has playlisted and favourited (not a word but hey, you know what I mean) the vids of the HDNet show uploaded by ROHBrazil. If they carry on doing that, I guess they're perfectly happy for people to watch it on there too?

PeepShow

Ok, I'm currently watching ROH Breakout and The Age of the Fall just came out (Jacobs with 2 other women), and WTF is their music? Just screams? If so, that is most annoying theme I've ever heard in my life. I almost turned it off.

Montana

Yep....there was reasoning behind it at first. The reasoning they just had screams, but because they were a "revolution" and paying a company to use their music, would be against what they stood for (or something along those lines)

Then they switched their music, and i believe Jacobs is the only person who didnt need to have his music changed for tv.

Qwake

Ok, I'm currently watching ROH Breakout and The Age of the Fall just came out (Jacobs with 2 other women), and WTF is their music? Just screams? If so, that is most annoying theme I've ever heard in my life. I almost turned it off.

Lol, it really pissed me off when I first heard it too. I guess it was doing its job though, they want you to get pissed off to draw heat to Jacobs and the others and it worked well lol. But yes, it was VERY annoying.

PeepShow

Doesn't really piss me off, it just makes me want to turn it off when I hear it. Not really the approach they should be taking imo, but whatever.

PeepShow

I was browsing around ROH's site again, and noticed their tickets are cheap as hell. 4th row Chicago tix for like 14 bucks. Would all the stars be there like AmDrag, Nigel, Hero, Colt, ect? If so, I might have to think about going.

Montana

Yep

Most of the roster should be there. Normally 1-2 guys on the roster won't be there. But normally if a ROH regular is gone, they will bring in some outside talent (at least they used to) And I think Nigel might be out cause of surgry.

The first match has already been signed:

Colt Cabana returns to Chicago!!!

Special Challenge Match
Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Rave

First Time Match
Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney

Also scheduled to appear:
-World Tag Team Champions Kevin Steen & El Generico
-Jerry Lynn
-Dark City Fight Club
-The American Wolves with Larry Sweeney
-Austin Aries
-Roderick Strong
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Rhett Titus
-Claudio Castagnoli

Montana

Kinda funny you mention Hero and Colt....cause they drew me to my first ROH show. I also knew guys like Sydal, Daniels, Aries, Homicide...but it was something about seeing Hero/Colt Live.

PeepShow

My favorite ROH guys so far have to be AmDrag, Colt, Sweeney, and Rodrick Strong. Also a fan or Aries and Jacobs.

What's the last show you've been to? What was on it?

Montana

I went to motorcity madness 09 in late Jan. It was the night before a Chicago PPV. Certainly wasn't the best Detroit show, but pretty entertaining. Had a good roster. The matches were:

Danielson vs Rhett Titus

Austin Aries vs. Silas Young (local fav)

Necro Butcher vs. Brodie Lee (Just a brawl)

Stong/Stevens vs. Jacobs/Delirous

Claudio vs Albright

Jerry Lynn vs Tyler Black

Nigel vs Jay Briscoe

Steenerico vs American Wolves

Decent card on paper, however the show underdelivered i thought. Detroit had two great shows in 08 and it was like 7 months from their last show in Det...so i thought they would come out strong.

I'm going to the next show in June....with Ric Flair...whooo

PeepShow

I'm taking that that is the 6/26 show? If so, I may go to that, if Flair is going to be there? And that's confirmed? He WILL be there?

There's one in Indy too in October. I'm guessing nothing has been announced for that show yet?