Random Indy wrestling talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Yesterday

Reaction score
Just to join in on this topic, an Indy wrestler I really enjoy watching at the moment is "Superstar" Brandon Day. One phenomenal athlete, seriously, you watch a match of his and he pulls out a new move every time.
Also, Sigmon is a very cool wrestler, and I'm also liking the styles of Danny Duggan and Kenny Omega.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Also, Los Ice Creams slamming Lince Dorado onto sprinkles was priceless, Leonard F. Chikarason was marking out like the sprinkles were thumbtacs or something. Chikara = good times.

Have you ever seen the Best of Chikara DVD? In one match on it Los Ice Creams do the sprinkles bump (yes I just called it a bump) and the crowd starts to chant "He's hardcore!" Chikara is like ROH, but it's way more fun.

Soulpower

^^ Actually, CHIKARA is nothing like ROH. ROH tries to be uber-serious, almost to a fault. CHIKARA is just fun, wacky and funny... They just happen to have some good wrestling in between.

Also, CHIKARA roster. Eddie Kingston is coming for your asses!

[yt]lgJJ-o6_mUA[/yt]

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Chikara is as funny as ROH is serious. I wish there was a company that was like if ROH and Chikara had a baby.

Montana

kinda like pwg?

ROH has their fair share of comedy. Delirous, Tornado, Sweet n Sour.

And what about Rhett "Addicted to Love" Titus. That was one of the funniest things i've seen in wrestling, in the video wire. He's Awesome

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I can compare Chikara to CZW, they're the ones that are complete opposites of each other. The PWG comparisons are OK, but PWG can get serious sometimes, it's just the show names that are wacky.

Montana said:
kinda like pwg?

ROH has their fair share of comedy. Delirous, Tornado, Sweet n Sour.

And what about Rhett "Addicted to Love" Titus. That was one of the funniest things i've seen in wrestling, in the video wire. He's Awesome

"You Got Cockblocked!"

A guy a couple of seats to my left started that chant, mad funny. I actually like the more gimmicky wrestlers in ROH, because it gives them 'entertainment'. And if only they brought back the Christopher Street Connection...

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
That's what I heard about Ace Steel Montana, he's taking some time off at the moment.

Montana

I guess I'll start a Indy Top 10 at the moment. (Does not include Japanese Wrestlers)

1) Bryan Danielson

2) Austin Aries

3) Claudio Castagnoli

4) Nigel Mcguiness

5) Mike Quackenbush

6) Kevin Steen

7) Eddie Kingston

8) Chuck Taylor

9) Roderick Strong

10) Chris Hero

Honorable Mention: Brent Albright, Jimmie Jacobs, El Generico, Tyler Black, Erick Stevens, Human Tornado, Delirous

Probably forgetting a few names...who do you think are the top talents right now?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with your list of guys, ArmDrag has been doing great over in Japan. Chuck Taylor has been on a big roll as of late, same with Kevin Steen. Aries feud with Jimmy Jacobs has been stellar so far and Nigel has had a good run with the ROH Championship so far. Good list overall, the only one I (kind of) have a problem with is Eddie Kingston..with the problems he had lately but hopefully he got himself on the right track again.

PeepShow

I'm just starting to watch a PWG match between Chris Hero and Tornado and there's like less than 100 fans in it's in a high school gym. Is this kinda stuff common? I mean seriously, it's a pretty good match too. I wonder why there's hardly anyone there. It's kinda of a good thing though for the people that showed up. They are like brawling into the people that are there. Pretty good stuff.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
^ it is common, IWA-MS had/has really (really) small crowds like 40-70 people too.

PeepShow

Hurricanrana off the basketball hoop. That was pretty insane. This is at least a 4 star brawl. Wow.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Hurricanrana off the basketball hoop. That was pretty insane. This is at least a 4 star brawl. Wow.

What PWG show was it from? I want to see it, PWG is my number 2 promotion right now.

And since Montana did the top 10 Wrestlers, I guess I'll do my top 10 favorite indy Promotions.

1. Ring of Honor
2. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
3. CHIKARA
4. Full Impact Pro
5. UWA Hardcore Wrestling
6. IWA Mid South
7. Jersey All Pro Wrestling
8. Pro Wrestling Syndicate (I know, I'm biased)
9. Combat Zone Wrestling
10. Pro Wrestling GEAR

The only out of US Promotion I had was UWA-HC, it's in Canada. I like their stuff, lots of good talent up there.