PWG: All Star Weekend 9

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
True about the pre-ordering, I pre-ordered a show awhile back before you warned me about that and it was a big mistake....

As for London, I'm guessing he's just a good guy the crowd can get behind. I read that he apparently done stuff like high five a whole load of fans, ask Trent? if he had a last name, and only realize half way through that Trent wasn't John Morrison. :lol:
I don't think he was that bad during his last run, but I'm a huge fan, how he left was very lame for sure though.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Well this didn't take long...

[video=youtube;AhiiBN3ke2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhiiBN3ke2w[/video]

Inner City Guns vs. AR Fox/Del Sol looks like so much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It doesn't really take much to make these previews. The show's already taped and virtually all of the graphics have already been created before the show. So once the event ends, Dragon just needs to throw together a highlight video.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;M92O2vwe1bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92O2vwe1bs[/video]

Preview for Night 2 is up!

Castiel

Reaction score
I haven't been able to buy a show in awhile but these look like a good way to start up again. Both previews were pretty great, never been the biggest Younger fan but it looks like he killed it this weekend.

The Viper

Reaction score
I cried while watching both those previews. What a great show this looks like. Marked at the fans singing "ALL NIGHT LONG!!!". Wonderful.

Castiel

Reaction score
Just finished Night 2, great weekend of wrestling! I'm really starting to like Drake Younger, his AOW interview showing how positive he is helped awhile back but now I see how passionate and intense he gets in the ring. If I never already knew the results I would've believed he was going to win the belt on Night 2. Cole screwed him and it doesn't feel like this is over, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the one to end Cole's reign down the road. The crowd and Steen/Excalibur giving him a standing ovation to end the show was nice. Some brief thoughts:

- Kyle O'Reilly is really underrated, his tag stuff is obviously good but I really enjoy the singles matches he has in PWG. His match at World's Finest with Alex Koslov was semi memorable and his night 2 match with Sami was killer! Went a bit too long which may have hurt it but I was happy he won.
- The six man tag was even better than ICMG vs Fox/Del Sol, both were totally insane!
- Trent? didn't show his true potential in my eyes, I liked the whole stuck up former WWE superstar schtick but not one swan dive? He still had a decent showing though.
- Enjoyed London's stuff even if half of it was just fun comedy. Him running to the bathroom to check his hair during his match was Steen was gold!
- Gargano and Taylor are an amazing team, I look forward to more of them in PWG. Anytime you can Chuck in Reseda is good, his commentary alone is worth it! He's also much more than just a comedy wrestler, which I wish more would see.
- Heel RockNES are excellent. Just what they needed.

I know [MENTION=35]The Viper[/MENTION] has seen the show, any thoughts? Anyone else see it yet?

The Viper

Reaction score
Indeed I did see it and loved the show. Both nights. 1 a bit better than 2 but overall, I enjoyed the shit out of the All Star Weekend. Became a huge fan of Ricochet after that MOTHERFUCKING INTENSE 6-man on Night 2. Sweet holy mother of the lord and savior, Jesus Christ!!!

Oh and Lethal impressed the fuck out of me in his 2 matches. His match with Eddie Edwards was the fucking cats pajamas.

One more thing, I HATE DRAKE YOUNGER!! His matches, to me, are so fucking uninteresting. Same, unnecessary hardcore spots that just turn me the fuck off. Especially in his night 1 match with Sami. Good God. Just had no interest whatsoever in anything he does and even seeing him in a normal match with that sexy fuck, Adam Cole, wasn't even enough to make kinda like him so I don't know what will. Guess I just don't like his style in general. Hardcore or not.

Castiel

Reaction score
I felt the same way about Drake going into this weekend but he really made me come around. You have to admit the Guerrilla Warfare match was absolutely brutal, like Steen I was a bit cringy at time because they don't need to do that shit but I enjoyed it a whole lot. I wasn't a big fan of Jay Lethal in PWG, his matches were good enough but just meh... and where did PWG go wrong with Willie Mack?

The Viper

Reaction score
I felt the same way about Drake going into this weekend but he really made me come around. You have to admit the Guerrilla Warfare match was absolutely brutal, like Steen I was a bit cringy at time because they don't need to do that shit but I enjoyed it a whole lot. I wasn't a big fan of Jay Lethal in PWG, his matches were good enough but just meh... and where did PWG go wrong with Willie Mack?

Yeah, it was brutal. I guess that's why I might not have liked it. I think it was a little too brutal for what I'm used to in PWG nowadays. I cringed a bit, yes. I liked that they announced him as "Black Machismo Jay Lethal and had some of the Machismo tactics and mannerisms. TNA should be proud of, at least, having a helping hand in that gimmick getting over. A year ago, Willie was the talk of the town. Everyone always looked forward to his matches. He was special. Now, he just blends in with everyone else and is seemingly just "another guy". Despite having Sisqo/Gold Standard-like hair.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Done with Night 1 (and DDT4 in the process) at last.

Really liked DDT4, quality of matches wasn't as high as last year, but the interest was much higher due to the establishment of new teams (Unbreakable Machines & Inner City Guns) and the end of the road for El Generico. Willie Mack vs. B-Boy wasn't my cup of tea due to not being a big B-Boy fan, but Willie takes an absolutely disgusting bump on top of his head towards the end. How he wasn't paralysed is baffling.

All Star Night 1 was great, particular the Inner City/Fox & del Sol match. Some of the matches really didn't need to go 20 minutes and ended up hurting my enjoyment at times (see London/Steen, Lethal/Edwards and Future Shock/Machines).

Finally, the Callihan/Younger matches. Whatever my thoughts are about the unprotected shots in the KO match, everything is blown up even more in the Guerrilla Warfare match. One of the most openly violent matches I have ever seen, I'm not a Drake fan but he has my respect for taking the punishment he took.

Castiel

Reaction score
You're right about Steen/London... should've went an hour! Lol, it was a fun little match but PWG tends to draw out matches for too long a good bit though.