PWG: All Star Weekend 9

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Not much is known yet about the show since it seems to still be in the planning stages but I'll keep this thread updated as the announcements continue.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 9 - Night One takes place on Friday, March 22, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. The first night of All Star Weekend 9 is scheduled to feature:

Number One Contender Guerrilla Warfare Match
Sami Callihan vs. Drake Younger

Six-Man Tag Team Match
AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol vs. Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)

Singles Match
Roderick Strong vs. Trent? (Barreta)

Tag Team Match
Future Shock (World Champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brain Cage & Michael Elgin)

Singles Match
"Intrepid Traveler" Paul London vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Non-Title Tag Team Match
Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs. The Young Bucks (World Tag Team Champions Matt & Nick Jackson)

Singles Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Lethal

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 9 - Night Two takes place on Saturday, March 23, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. The second night of All Star Weekend 9 is scheduled to feature:

World Championship Title Match
Adam Cole (Champion) vs. Winner of Sami Callihan & Drake Younger on Night One

World Tag Team Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong - Challengers)

Singles Match
AR Fox vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Tag Team Match
Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)

Singles Match
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Loser of Sami Callihan & Drake Younger on Night One

Singles Match
"Intrepid Traveler" Paul London vs. Trent?

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Yuma & Johnny Goodtime) vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. Samuray Del Sol

Singles Match
Jay Lethal vs. Willie Mack

Already better than last year simply for Trent! I'm sure he'll fit right in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Chuck Taylor returns, and he's bringing Johnny Gargano with him!

EDIT: Ugh, Paul London is coming back too.

Castiel

Reaction score
Paul London is the fucking man, that better have been a good "ugh"! Sad that he finally returns the show after Generico leaves though... Gargano in PWG sounds sweet, especially since the Fightin' Taylor Boy's are pretty much dead. I'd like to see them use him in some singles stuff in the future.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Paul London is the fucking man, that better have been a good "ugh"!

Pothead who can't maintain a spot in any major Indy despite his talent? Definitely not a good "ugh".

Castiel

Reaction score
Blasphemy, he's the best in many worlds that he's intrepidly traveled to!

...but I do see your point, his mouth tends to get him in trouble. At least the shoots as a result are great!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
...but I do see your point, his mouth tends to get him in trouble. At least the shoots as a result are great!

No beef with his talent, but he wastes it by preferring to run his mouth instead. He's more well known for his shoots at this point than for being a decent wrestler.

Castiel

Reaction score
Sad but true. This seems like it'll be a one off deal though so he won't have a chance to burn any bridges. Lol, hopefully he manages to still impress!

Castiel

Reaction score
Jay Lethal makes his PWG debut! The first match is set, the final Younger vs Callihan match in Guerrilla Warfare will main event Night 1! I've heard great things about their matches so far, this is sure to be really brutal!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Not a big fan of Younger, but Sami's awesome. Haven't seen the other matches yet, but not a fan of reported unprotected chair shots.

Jay Lethal in PWG is great and a good fit.

Castiel

Reaction score
Meh, I'm sure Younger's been through enough fucked up shit that the chair shots won't have much effect. Lol, hopefully they're careful with it though, pretty sure they know each other well enough in the ring to not do too much damage to the other.

The debuts are rolling in fast, Samuray Del Sol and AR Fox will be there to add some flips and excitement to the weekend!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Adam Cole, Kevin Steen, Young Bucks, Super Smash Bros, Roderick Strong, Eddie Edwards & Willie Mack are all scheduled too.

Liking the potential for great tag matches this weekend. With the combinations of ICMG, Unbreakable Fucking Machines, FIST, Young Bucks, DojoBros & Super Smash Bros, this should be awesome.

Castiel

Reaction score
Some matches have been announced!
Night 1: Trent? vs Roderick Strong, Super Smash Bros/Samuray Del Sol vs InnerCity Machine Guns/AR Fox.
Night 2: AR Fox vs Kevin Steen.
First match on the indies and Trent's going to have a broken back, damn... TJP & Kyle O'Reilly have also been added to the shows but meh.

The Viper

Reaction score
AR Fox vs Kevin Steen?

Fuck. Yes. Thank. God.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm starting to come around to O'Reilly. The more personality he shows and less Davey Richards wannabee, the better.

Castiel

Reaction score
AR Fox vs Kevin Steen?

Fuck. Yes. Thank. God.

AR Fox will probably die. And Trent's going to leave the weekend with a broken back. I guess they won't become regulars! Lol

I'm starting to come around to O'Reilly. The more personality he shows and less Davey Richards wannabee, the better.

I don't like hate him or anything but it's not an announcement that excites me. O'Reilly's match with Alex Koslov at World's Finest was good stuff. TJP does little for me these days sadly.