Punk might be off until SummerSlam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
he lose to Warrior b/c it was the pasting of the torch or aless it was sopsot at that time! :vince: we was high on the Warrior gimmick at this time and though he would be next Hogan! yes vince can wrong sometime well he can wrong alot times! Also Warrior at time was really close to Hoagn in poplaily at that time which is why Warrior when over!

Whilst I understand that you've got to understand that if the megaface loses it doesn't mean the guy who beat him becomes a draw.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
Whilst I understand that you've got to understand that if the megaface loses it doesn't mean the guy who beat him becomes a draw.

Uh? look at HBK after he be Bret!? Look at Stone Cold after he beat HBK! Warrior beating Hogan was sopost do that do him! But we all know Warrior FUCK UP! And screw himself which is why he never did megaface! He could have if he care about wrestling like guy like Bret Hart did.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
Uh? look at HBK after he be Bret!? Look at Stone Cold after he beat HBK! Warrior beating Hogan was sopost do that do him! But we all know Warrior FUCK UP! And screw himself which is why he never did megaface! He could have if he care about wrestling like guy like Bret Hart did.

HBK was never that big a draw either brah, compare their rating to WCW at the time. Admittedly WCW was on fire but HBK never got the big numbers others did.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There is no guarantee that if a young guy beats a megaface that he will start to draw big money. A lot of guys did (Austin, Hogan etc) but the crowd has to be willing to accept you as the next top guy. Warrior did go haywire but he also failed because the fans just didn't want to connect with him in the same way that they did with Hogan. Same with the Macho man sadly. Both warrior and Savage drew and made money, but nowhere near what Hogan did.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
HBK was never that big a draw either brah, compare their rating to WCW at the time. Admittedly WCW was on fire but HBK never got the big numbers others did.

well it hard to go be a draw when u are going up against the nWo! And in late 1997 when he stared DX he was drawing!

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Shabang said:
There is no guarantee that if a young guy beats a megaface that he will start to draw big money. A lot of guys did (Austin, Hogan etc) but the crowd has to be willing to accept you as the next top guy. Warrior did go haywire but he also failed because the fans just didn't want to connect with him in the same way that they did with Hogan. Same with the Macho man sadly. Both warrior and Savage drew and made money, but nowhere near what Hogan did.

again hard to go up against Hogan and in the non sociol media days it was harder! But belive or not Warrior was sopost to be next guy and hi hogan prove that. As for Savage yes it is sad b/c he was my all time favoises wrestler but that just how it go sometime.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
well it hard to go be a draw when u are going up against the nWo! And in late 1997 when he stared DX he was drawing!

He did draw I'll concede that but he was never a big draw you know? I mentioned WCW was on fire but even when it wasn't business was down I believe 95/ early 96. Wrestling took a hit and sadly HBK as the face takes the hit from it. It's like when Raw doesn't draw well in 2013 it's Punk's fault as he's the face of the WWE.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
He did draw I'll concede that but he was never a big draw you know? I mentioned WCW was on fire but even when it wasn't business was down I believe 95/ early 96. Wrestling took a hit and sadly HBK as the face takes the hit from it. It's like when Raw doesn't draw well in 2013 it's Punk's fault as he's the face of the WWE.

uh? punk not a face in 2013! And in 95 it was up time and also that was disel was wwe champion. HBK was great and had sold out arena all time. WCW was drawing b/c of tv time and the nWo! this is a true fact wcw badly ever sold out there arena! And HHH prove that when DX invted Nitro!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
uh? punk not a face in 2013! And in 95 it was up time and also that was disel was wwe champion. HBK was great and had sold out arena all time. WCW was drawing b/c of tv time and the nWo! this is a true fact wcw badly ever sold out there arena! And HHH prove that when DX invted Nitro!

Wasn't Shawn being groomed as one of their top faces around that time leading into Wrestlemania 12 though? Did he sell out arenas? Also didn't he draw low buyrates? Punk isn't a face he's still the top guy in the WWE isn't he?

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
Wasn't Shawn being groomed as one of their top faces around that time leading into Wrestlemania 12 though? Did he sell out arenas? Also didn't he draw low buyrates? Punk isn't a face he's still the top guy in the WWE isn't he?

yes but he not a face he a heel the top heel in the compury right now! And Punk does draw! And people well FINALLY resize that when he gong for the next 4 month! Hopeful :vince: well finally see that and make him the face of the comupy!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
*munches on popcorn, GOAT thread*

seabs said:
Doubt it, why deliberately make a talent boring when you can make money off him? People cheering him = people buying his shirt. People finding him a boring POS = ?

Plenty of Punk fans are finding him boring. Something isn't working, and that's the easiest way to stop the fans from popping for him. Probably not true but still throwing it out there for the lulz

Respect Gohan6425 said:
OH HELL NO! HE GOT THE WHOLE PACKAGE! He just as good as HBK in the ring! He can make anyone look good in the ring! THAT WHAT MAKE HIM THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

In WWE (not the indies) there's 5 things they look for for a talent:

-Wrestling ability: He's way up there, he's a guy you can stick someone competent with and be guaranteed a good match, but not someone who's wrestling will captivate a newer fan.

-Mic skills: When he's on his game he's second to none but read the reply to Seabs' post. How much of it is his fault? Don't know. Half the time I applaud his promos but the other half I beg Heyman to steal the mic away.

-The look: lolno, he looks like shit.

-Presence/Charisma: When CM Punk's music hits, what emotions do you immediately feel? I don't know about the rest of us but usually I feel "Yes, possibly entertaining segment" not "Oh boy, here's this guy ready to cause trouble again".

-Character: All his characters from 2012/2013 have been horrible but that's definitely WWE's fault. His ones before that have been gold.

2 1/2 out of 5 at best atm. Signed, a Punk fan.

Reactions: Swift

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Bully Rain said:
*munches on popcorn, GOAT thread*

Plenty of Punk fans are finding him boring. Something isn't working, and that's the easiest way to stop the fans from popping for him. Probably not true but still throwing it out there for the lulz

In WWE (not the indies) there's 5 things they look for for a talent:

-Wrestling ability: He's way up there, he's a guy you can stick someone competent with and be guaranteed a good match, but not someone who's wrestling will captivate a newer fan.

-Mic skills: When he's on his game he's second to none but read the reply to Seabs' post. How much of it is his fault? Don't know. Half the time I applaud his promos but the other half I beg Heyman to steal the mic away.

-The look: lolno, he looks like shit.

-Presence/Charisma: When CM Punk's music hits, what emotions do you immediately feel? I don't know about the rest of us but usually I feel "Yes, possibly entertaining segment" not "Oh boy, here's this guy ready to cause trouble again".

-Character: All his characters from 2012/2013 have been horrible but that's definitely WWE's fault. His ones before that have been gold.

2 1/2 out of 5 at best atm. Signed, a Punk fan.

He has all of that and more in 2012 and 2013! Mic still Wrestling skill and Character! What else do u knew!?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Mad because Randy is making you mad. Randy, the greatest flaming troll on WF.

Randy vs Aids, IWT, book it.

Give it a week.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
seabs said:
\_/

Why did they have him lose the title at a houseshow then? If people wanted to see him lose so badly why not put on PPV, Vince is a business man if Flair was drawing as a heel he'd have put the strap on Bret at a PPV.

I think Flair had an ear injury at the time and they weren't sure how much longer he'd be around so he dropped it immediately. Doing it on a house show just because he wasn't drawing in 1992 would be weird (and somewhat spiteful) considering it was also the first time Bret Hart won it and that was the first sign they were actually heading in a new direction with a brand new world champion. Of course, they still could have done it on Superstars or something, but I guess it was just one of those weird booking decisions that made no sense no matter how you look at it, just like Austin (the Attitude Era's biggest star) being asked to job to "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar in a random, unadvertised match on Raw just to further his feud with Eddie Guerrero, whereas The Rock was the one who got to drop the title to Brock in a PPV main event to truly make him a star.

shrayan

The Artiste
Reaction score
he will come back after summerslam and rumors are that he will come back as a babyface.