Punk might be off until SummerSlam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Part of the reason why Brock Lesnar has returned and The Undertaker is working next week is because CM Punk won't be returning anytime soon and WWE needs star power on TV.

Before this past Monday, the plan was for CM Punk to come out on RAW and whine about losing at WrestleMania 29, then walk out of the company in the storylines. This was held off from the post-WrestleMania RAW because officials felt that Punk would get a big reaction from the post-WrestleMania RAW crowd. Another reason it was held off is because Punk wasn't happy with the verbiage they wanted him to use and didn't want to come off as a whiner.

A few weeks back, Punk had a big blow up with WWE creative and wanted to give his notice to quit the company. He went and worked it out with top WWE officials. At that time, it was decided that Punk wouldn't be working live events anymore, just TV and WrestleMania 29.

Between the backstage problems and severely tearing knee ligaments at WrestleMania, Punk was written off TV this past Monday at RAW. Punk will be fine once he rests up and lets his knees heal. Right now there is no set plan for Punk to return but word is that he won't be back until SummerSlam time.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
yup. Wonder how many people would say that it was WWE's fault if he had actually walked out on the company? It's not like the guy has been treated badly by the company the last couple of years. He's the Rock/HHH to Cena's Stone Cold. Easily the second biggest star on the show.

Mizfit

Jobber
Reaction score
I think, this will be good for him.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It will definitely be good for him. He needs time off considering how much he works. I sometime thinks the love Punk gets from the internet (this thought some people have that he can do no wrong and is the solution to every problem with the WWE) is stupid but he is without a doubt one of the best in the business right now, maybe of all time.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Good for him physically and from a character standpoint, indeed. Great decision.

Somethingcool57

The Artiste
Reaction score
No surprise, we all need a vaction every now and then. It just will mean a lot of people won't be watching Raw as with Punk gone means we'll get Cena and who ever he just pwns will bring down the ratings. Once this happens and Punk returns will be a big boost the ratings and his chances at regaining the title. I found the whole punk reign to be one of the most entertaining since Beniot and Jericho fought each other to get the shot at HHH and the title.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
IMO he's not genuinely upset with any goings on, he knows fine he's got them in the palm of his hand. He'll obviously be determined to be main eventing WM just like every other guy on the roster, but I seriously doubt he's upset about it. He knows that his best chance of getting that spot is to moan backstage about it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Hopefully summerslam of 2014

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Hopefully summerslam of 2014

QUIET FIGGER! Punk coming back before SummerSlam WIN BACK HIS GOLD! FROM BROCK! AND BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD ONES AGAIN! AS A FACES!

Beefy

Jobber
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
GOD DAM TROLL!

Not really a troll, I like Punk but his character became stale and boring. I hope they change it for when he comes back. If not he will become another Cena, just with out the "super" part.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
i assume he would return as a face, or a tweener? anyways needs time off from the looks of it. summerslam is good but wait till 2015,........come back with an "avenger" gimmick lol jk

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Beefy said:
Not really a troll, I like Punk but his character became stale and boring. I hope they change it for when he comes back. If not he will become another Cena, just with out the "super" part.

CM PUNK THE BEST IN THE WORLD!