Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I've never seen this show before, but I read about the results on another site and it sounded epic. Where can I watch the shows?

Montana

PWG is basically ROH Westcoast. The biggest difference is PWG have a lighter side than ROH, who is more serious. Right now they are doing less shows about 15 per year, compared to ROH who puts on a ton. Most think PWG has a better roster as of late too.

To follow PWG ideally they want you to buy the DVD's. They just came out with a second volume of their 3 disc greatest matches. It's called PWG sells out. Both of those are worth checking out. The first one was in certain best buys, and FYE. Highspots, the ROH store, and Ebay are all good sources for PWG DVDs. High SPots has a grab bag of picking 3 older shows for 20$, ROH runs sales on the 15$ dvds. Ebay sells them at various prices.

Or you can just download select shows that come online. Not sure if there is any in the media section, but i can probably find a newer show if you like.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That's cool. I read a report about the previous show that just happened and it sounded real good. I don't know half the people who wrestled but still.

Montana

PWG has been using some big stars as a late, since they don't put on as many shows are ROH. Guys like RVD, Alex SHelly, Chris Sabin, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, and more. They also use half of ROH's roster, and another half of PWG talent. The homegrown PWG talent is actually pretty good. I was a little skeptical at first himself too, with so many guys i never heard of, but they can wrestle. Guys like Human Tornado, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Kazarian, and others made their name in PWG.

I Strongly recommend the Best of PWG : Sells out 3 disc sets.

This show is a pretty good download.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38757

Can't find any newer DL links, but this main event is crazy. Probably one of the biggest/best matches of the year in all of wrestling. (also on PWG sells out 2)

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Well, that DL link isn't working right now. But if the shows are that good, I'll go out and buy those 2 dvds. Do they sell them in stores or is it just an online deal?

dragon29

Reaction score
I know that Davey Richards is a great wrestler but Why pwg gave him the title so fast? I mean omega wins bola 2009 he has a good year as Roderick Strong in PWG and now they give the title to Richards?

Montana

PWG sells out 1 used to be at Best Buy/FYE .....not sure if they still carry it.

PWG sells out 2 is only online. Right now thats on the PWG site and High Spots.com

I agree it was odd that Richards took the belt off Omega so fast, when he was a good fit as champ. On the flip side, Richards is probably the #1 wrestling in North America now, and it doesn't look like ROH is going to put the belt on him that quick. So it was a interesting call on PWG's part.

Hometown Kid

On the flip side, Richards is probably the #1 wrestling in North America now

I like a lot of the things you say, but Davey's a joke. I understand his rather large indy following, but personally I wouldn't put him top 20. (Probably not top 50 actually...) Omega losing to him like that was pretty lame too.

As far as PWG goes, their DVDs are pretty hard to find in stores...but the product is pretty damn amazing. It's like ROH and CHIKARA fused together with the Attitude era's raunchyness. Great stuff on almost any of their shows.

Axis

Just watched BoLA, and I was pretty disappointed after last year's AWESOME tournament. Kenny Omega continues to be horribly inconsistent, and overall very average. I know the indy pool is pretty thin right now, but PWG has Hero, Ryan, Lost, Richards and Strong, all of which are much better than Omega. I'm glad to see Davey get the belt. PWG is a lot more interesting to me than ROH right now, even if you only account for ROH's "big" shows.

Montana

I like a lot of the things you say, but Davey's a joke. I understand his rather large indy following, but personally I wouldn't put him top 20. (Probably not top 50 actually...) Omega losing to him like that was pretty lame too.

As far as PWG goes, their DVDs are pretty hard to find in stores...but the product is pretty damn amazing. It's like ROH and CHIKARA fused together with the Attitude era's raunchyness. Great stuff on almost any of their shows.

Really? Richards had like 4-5 matches probably in the top 10 of 2009. My rating was only based on 2009.

Richards vs. Kenta - Supercard of Honor 4
Richards vs. Aries - Aries vs. Richards
Richads vs. Daneilson - Final COuntdown Tour
American Wolves vs. Danielson/Black - Double Feature II

Honorable Mention

Wolves vs. Steenerico Ladder War
Wolves vs. Steenerico (Table, SUbmission match)
Wolves vs. Young Bucks
Richards vs. Omega
Wolves vs. Briscoes
Richards vs Steen street fight

Not sure who else can boast those good of matches in 2009.

Hometown Kid

Richards puts on great matches when he's with great guys, average matches with everyone else. (Been a few exceptions to that.) I'm not trying to say he didn't have a good year in '09, but overall and into the future...in the ROH thread I mentioned that guys like Erick Stevens and Brent Albright are good guys to have around, but ultimately aren't on the same level as the top workers. I think he's like that, while everywhere I see it seems like he's among the top 5 indy guys in NA at least. I just think he's not special.

But yeah, i'll concede he had a hot year. Personally, the KENTA match and the Ladder War were in my top 10. (But Edwards kind of made that match for me). Danielson match is up there. So sorry for jumping the gun on that, I thought you meant #1 overall.

Plus, Davey's too much of a prick. >_>

Axis

I will say that I don't buy him being the best wrestler in the world, which I see being thrown around a lot on other forums. To his credit though, he's been stuck in a tag team with Edwards, who I've never been a big fan of at all. So I think he's shown that he can work with lesser talent at least semi-successfully, but yeah to be the best in the world, he could have made it work a loooot better.