Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Yeah, to me 99 looks better then 100.

I really wanna see the last 4 matches from 99, with the guys involved and what was said about them they seem worth it. Any Megaupload links for those matches eventually would be awesome.

Last 3 matches on 100 look good on paper but I haven't heard what they were like, still should be good though.

Thanks for posting results guys.

Soulpower

On Friday, May 22, 2009, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, eight of the best tag teams in professional wrestling will collide at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4, and tickets for this event are on sale now at the DDT4 Mini-Site! Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20!

Along with announcing the final two opening round matches for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4, we are pleased to also report that yesterday in Japan, World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks successfully defended the titles against the team of Akira Tozawa and Shingo Takagi. That means that the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship will be on the line throughout the entire DDT4 tournament! With their fifth overall title defense behind them, Matt and Nick Jackson will be coming into DDT4 with some serious momentum, which they'll need when they take on Brandon and Dustin Cutler in a Block A Opening Round Match!

After successfully defending the titles against the Motor City Machine Guns at Ninety-Nine, The Young Bucks seemed to go from perennial underdogs to tentative favorites overnight. A bit surprised by this new status, Matt and Nick Jackson offered long-time training partners The Cutler Brothers a shot at the titles the next night at One Hundred. The Bucks say that no one knows them better than Brandon and Dustin Cutler, and if there are two men that could bring the Bucks back to earth after such a big victory, it would be the Cutlers.

Though the Cutlers were unable to defeat The Young Bucks at One Hundred, they impressed the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors enough to earn themselves not only a spot in DDT4, but a rematch with the Bucks as well! While they've only had a handful of matches in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, the Cutler Brothers are sure to be a tag team force in the coming months and years, and a victory over their rivals The Young Bucks would be a huge first step for Brandon and Dustin.

The final DDT4 opening round match to be announced once again pits a longstanding tag team against a newly formed duo, as Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley, the Motor City Machine Guns, take on Roderick Strong and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Chris Hero.

On paper, it might seem like a mismatch, but Roderick Strong's record not only in previous DDT4s, but as a tag team competitor in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla must be taken in to consideration. Strong has held the World Tag Team Championship on three separate occasions, two of which came after winning DDT4. Not to mention the tag team experience of World Champion Chris Hero, who along with Claudio Castagnoli formed one of the most successful tag teams in recent memory. With a wealth of individual experience and plenty of time to prepare before the tournament, Chris Hero and Roderick Strong will likely be a force to be reckoned with at DDT4.

What more needs to be said about the team opposing Chris Hero and Roderick Strong? They are one of, if not the most popular tag teams in professional wrestling today, and have held titles all around the world. Originally scheduled to be participants in the very first DDT4, contractual obligations kept the Motor City Machine Guns out of the tournament, and according to the Guns, that's what allowed Roderick Strong's team to win. After returning to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla at Ninety-Nine, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley found out first hand how the level of tag team wrestling in PWG has increased since they've been gone.

When they left the building after Ninety-Nine, Sabin and Shelley had a suitcase full of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla DVDs which they've been using to scout their competition in the tournament. Above all else, the Guns would love to have a rematch with The Young Bucks as a tournament final, but thanks to countless hours spent strategizing, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley feel prepared for any team they might meet in the tournament. Although this is their first DDT4, the Motor City Machine Guns feel like it was always intended to be their tournament, and will fulfill their destiny with their victory this year.

On May 22, 2009 at 8:00PM at American Legion Hall #308 in Reseda, CA, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 will feature:

DDT4 Block A Opening Round Match
Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre) vs. Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor

DDT4 Block B Opening Round Match
The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan) vs. Hybrid Dolphins (Bryan Danielson & Paul London)

DDT4 Block A Opening Round Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler)

DDT4 Block B Opening Round Match
Chris Hero & Roderick Strong vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley)

Non-Tournament Singles Match
B-Boy vs. Human Tornado​

Soulpower

The Cutler Brothers and The Young Bucks have been added to DDT 4. The last team will be announced on Monday.

PeepShow

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla announced DDT 4 a couple of weeks back. Here are the teams announced so far.

Team 1 -- The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan)

Team 2 -- Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Team 3 -- Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor

Team 4 -- Chris Hero & Roderick Strong

Team 5-- Paul London & Bryan Danielson

OMFG @ teams 4 and 5

Hometown Kid

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla announced DDT 4 a couple of weeks back. Here are the teams announced so far.

Team 1 -- The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan)

Team 2 -- Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Team 3 -- Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor

Team 4 -- Chris Hero & Roderick Strong

Team 5-- Paul London & Bryan Danielson

The Cutler Brothers and The Young Bucks have been added to DDT 4. The last team will be announced on Monday.

Omega + Chucky T!? :happybday: Fuck, that's like my personal dream team. DDT this year looks to be insane with that lineup. I wonder who the last team will be.

Soulpower

I wonder who the last team will be.

Wonder no more. The last team is... The Motor City Machine Guns of Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin.

Soulpower

First matches announced!

Chuck Taylor/Kenny Omega vs. Los Luchas

Omega and Taylor's mission in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla their lives is the utter destruction of El Generico and his orphanage, Los Angelitos de El Generico. When Omega and Taylor heard that Los Luchas would be donating their tournament winnings to the orphans because El Generico's injury prevented him from competing in the tournament, that was all the motivation they needed to make sure Los Luchas wouldn't advance past the first round.

The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan) and the Hybrid Dolphins ("American Dolphin" Bryan Danielson & "Dolphin Master" Paul London).

Scott Lost and Joey Ryan are multiple-time Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions, though the DDT4 has never been a part of their tag team success. Eliminated in the opening round of last year's tournament, The Dynasty hopes to make a much better showing this year by winning it all. But with the dynamic duo of the Hybrid Dolphins as their opponents and Joey Ryan's concern with the length of Chris Hero's World Championship title reign, will The Dynasty be able to focus on reclaiming their tag team glory?

Even though the team of Bryan Danielson and Paul London have yet to wrestle their first match as a tag team, the odds seem to favor the Hybrid Dolphins due to their individual skills. While Pro Wrestling Guerrilla cannot vouch for the oddsmakers at various offshore gambling websites, we can agree that both Danielson and London are incredible singles competitors. However, DDT4 marks their first test as a tag team, and due to the single elimination format of the tournament, there is very little room for error.

Will Bryan Danielson be able to put years of singles competition to the back of his mind and function as an efficient tag team partner? Will Paul London be able to consume enough bars of soap to retroactively combat the effects of Space Madness, or will his ill-fated journey to the Crab Nebula prove to be the undoing of the Hybrid Dolphins?

Also added to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 is a non-tournament singles contest between B-Boy and Human Tornado

kraynor3

Reaction score
This looks like the best DDT lineup yet!

PWG always delivers, and this is going to blow the roof off.

Soulpower

Here are the other two first round match-ups.

The Young Bucks vs The Cutler Brothers
Chris Hero & Roderick Strong vs Motor City Machine Guns

Qwake

Hero and Strong Vs the MCMGs will be awesome but it sucks that its a first round match because now that means one of the two good to will have to be eliminated. I would rather see both teams atleast make it to round 2 before being eliminated but oh well, atleast that should be a good match. The show is started to look really good.

Soulpower

I'm actually rooting against Hero and Strong. Though I'm a fan of both men, I've noticed that Hero has been booked similar to John Cena since winning the PWG title.

kraynor3

Reaction score
Not to pick nits, but Low Ki won BOLA.

Of course, he immediately signed with WWE, so they didn't get their winner payoff for the second year in a row.

Soulpower

My bad, I was re-watching the Hero-Danielson match from the tourney and for some reason I though that was the final.