• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Previous Impact Previews

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Re: UWF Presents the First Ever UWF iMPACT 8/29/13

Andrew my promo wasn't used either, but I mean it happens bro

Really? That sucks.

I feel if anybody is sending in a promo, it should be used regardless. I mean us members are busting our ass off to do something to produce for the show.

Congrats to Khali on being Global Champion!

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose

Excellent first show WWS! Was not expecting the Greath Khali to win the thing at all, but congrats to SBS anyways! Good to see a iMPACT character win the thing as well. Again sorry for the late match but I promise that won't happen again.

Also sucks to see Andrew's promo not being used, but it was definitely a good promo Andrew! I really though Shawn still played Roman Reigns but you play him quite nicely, and I hope that you don't quit with him.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Hey they stole my Charlie Haastin moment. That's gotta be gimmick infringement lol.

I kid of course. Great debut show. Shouts out of Lub, Dresden and the by winner SBS for their respective victories. Good job

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole

Any word when the preview will be up? I got so many things I want to write into a promo right now.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole

I apologise to Fetter, I completely forgot, I'm tired and been doing this all day it slipped my mind.

Thanks to all the positive responses.

No worries bro, only gives me fuel for my next promo :D

SBS

Reaction score

Ok before this thread gets ruined by this high school drama bull. I'm going to stick my neck out and shut this down. Both of you are doing a piss poor example of setting this show up for success. The head writer saying the F word to someone on his roster. NO! That is a huge massive no! And Andrew, the man literally spends all day putting together a Royal Rumble on 4 days notice. 4 DAYS and all you can comment on is how your promo wasn't on the show. This is why I'm now in damage control for Smackdown and I swear to god I have to do damage control here I will be extremely upset and the last thing anyone wants is for me to be upset. So take it to PM's or better yet just ignore each other and never speak to each other again. Andrew you are now on Raw as Reigns, I am not going to have another Shane/Hoov situation on my hands, (no offence guys). WWS worked too hard on this and is now upset beyond words. So from this point on if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it. The next one of you to mention this will be suspended indefinitely I am done messing around. The situation is over and resolved for all parties concerned. I see what you mean Andrew but next time step away and think before posting because it looks bad on all of us, and considering Troy isn't happy we're doing a 4th brand, well this doesn't help! So for me both of you please just leave each other the hell alone until you both calm down.

As for the show, I wish I could have had more than a minute to enjoy my victory before this place imploded. I sincerely hope none of you see this as negative towards the brand as a whole. We are all working extremely hard here to give you guys the best we possibly can. We make mistakes and we let our human sides take over and stupid shit like this happens. But I promise I'm not going to sit idly by and allow this to hinder all of you guys from your fun. That said thank you Dexter, Natlav, and all of you guys who promo'd (even if it didn't make it in the show). And as for WWS, don't let this get to you, the Rumble was fantastic, let's get past this and make this the brand to be here in UWF... well except for maybe Raw :p.

Thank you all for understanding and God Bless.

Your Potuf,

Michael

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Apologies SBS.

I thought it was a very top-notch show overall, the rumble/gauntlet looked sweet and it was a fantastic read.

WWS - You did a good job on this and I can see huge improvements over the next few weeks and trust me when I say this, iMPACT will start to be a threat to the rest of the other brands with the way it is.

I was just a bit peeved but it's ok now. I will continue looking forward to reading iMPACT every week

ShanegoFett

Reaction score

That was a pretty amazing debut for Impact! What a night haha. Lot of good promos; I look forward to Joseph Park getting his ass kicked more too!

Ultimate Warrior is back? Shit, that'll be weird. but im interested to see who it is (if its not dresdon) and how he does! Itd be cool to see a huge legends match with Hogan, Sting, Warrior annnd somebody else probably.

That fucking gauntlet match was awesome. Like, hands down, loved it. It was funny, it was detailed, and it was dramatic. I was absolutely shocked to have made it to the top six, then the final four, then the last two. I was not expecting that at all and holy shit what a great fight between Khali and Hardy. I was saying "Come on kid!" in my head along with the commentators because it was very close. Totally happy that SBS won with his Khali, an impact star needed to win it and Im just so stoked to have had a good showing (so thanks WWS!)

Also, Charlie Haas-tin I marked out for. And then I REALLY marked out for Austin because for a second I thought Dresdon got bored or something and wanted to bring him back.

I cannot wait to read the future shows and such and see how shit develops. Great job impact!

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC

Great first show impact. All the matches were very good reads. I can see that Hassan will be a big player moving forward here on the brand. I can't wait to see what is next in store between Hassan as he currently right now is one of the top notch characters.

You think you can change the color of when Parks speaks? Not that I hate the color just I can't read the color on the normal WS skin. Other then that the guantlet match was a great match, and could sneak in as a match of the month. Congrats to SBS for winning the title.

Dash

Reaction score

Loved this Gauntlet so much, Aries lasting up until the final 5 is some great promoing material for me too. Hopefully I can find something for him soon because he's one of my favourite superstars to promo as.

--------------

First of all, you shouldn't worry about your skill with writing matches at all because that Gauntlet match was phenomenal.
Secondly, I'm going to comment on the moments I marked out on here.

-------------

Natalya and Parks Eliminate Hassan - Honestly, I loved this so much. The sneaking behind Hassan and striking him with a low blow, I could picture it perfectly in my mind and it seems like something Nattie would do. The elimination was a mark out moment too as well as Nattie turning on Parks with that kiss. Slightly disappointed that Heath ended her chances of becoming Global Champion. </3

Khali destroys - Once Khali's music hit, you knew that the shit was about to hit the fan, but I doubt that anyone saw it coming that he was going to eliminate every single person in the ring, especially Bully Ray and Sting! Sting was my pick to win this match so this shocked and surprised me. Great way to show Khali's dominance though.

Manik's Entrance - The Zipwire was a great way for him to come into the ring, marked out for it and his performance was amazing too.

Miz and Kurt Angle - Loved the interaction between these two. The way that Miz eliminated Angle and Kurt came back into the ring to destroy everyone reminded me of the Royal Rumble in 2005 when he rentered to eliminate HBK. That was my all time favourite wrestling feud so I marked out pretty hard for this.

Cody and Ambrose - Cody's inclusion in this really threw me, to see him laying waste to everyone in the ring was awesome and I can honestly say that I didn't see what was coming next so Ambrose's entrance took me by surprise. This was a great way for them to continue to build on their feud and it was pretty entertaining to read.

Austin and Rock - How can you not mark out for that? The use of Haas-tin was just genius too. Great interaction between them both.

Grado and Lesnar - This was just a joy to read and I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Roman Reigns - Reigns jumping out of nowhere to eliminate Kane was crazy, it wasn't something that I was expecting at all.

Khali vs. Jeff Hardy - I was hoping for Khali to pull out the victory here since I love seeing Jeff on Anarchy with Matt and it would feel so premature to end that now so I was glad that Khali got the victory. It'll be interesting to see where the Global Championship goes now that it's around the waist of the biggest man on the roster.​

Reactions: 1 person

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

It'd be awesome to not have drama to come back to every time I head out of the house for a little while and come on here after I get back, that'd be great. Promos get left out, folks, it happens to the best of us, it makes me upset that we couldn't even get one show into the new brand without people losing their minds. Don't tell me I have to be Daddy Dres on the forums too.

Anyhoo, on to the show itself. Joseph Park is an interesting choice for a general manager, I'm not sure if him getting beaten up was done solely to get Hassan and Daivari heat or to write off Park to lead into the reveal of the real GM, I'll be anxious to find that out. JBL and Michael Cole being the commentators was a nice surprise, I think those two are the right dynamic for this brand. That's one thing I was waiting to discover was the commentators.

I thought the Khali, well, the Ranjin Singh promo was interesting. I wasn't around the first time SBS played Khali, so this run is going to be quite the treat for me, because now I get to see what all the hype was about. Rob Van Dam picking up the first official win in Impact history certainly puts him on the map momentum wise, but don't sleep on Christian either.

I'm happy to see Bumout pick up the Mexicools, as I sort of influenced the acquisition in that he sent me a message saying he was thinking of picking them up as long as Eddie and Chavo weren't going to beat them up like LAX beat up Del Rio. I said no and now here we are. I can't remember someone debuting in this fashion since Bray Wyatt. I could be wrong, but that's the last time I recall. I can't tell if they're supposed to be heel or face yet, but I'm leaning towards heel. I've said it before, Raw needs a Spanish stable, then all four brands will have a heel group of Mexicans.

Had a lot of fun writing the Sting and Warrior promo. Is Impact going to see a 2013 version of the Blade Runners? All I can say is stay tuned, because that's the only way you're going to find out. The Mexicools' second promo was entertaining, I think they're going to be a must-see part of Impact every week much like the Modern Day Double Dragons are on Anarchy. I suppose the storyline is they're trying to earn contracts, so that's going to be interesting to watch unfold.

I'm honestly in shock that I won my match, but I'm very happy that I did, it restores my confidence after a painful loss at Summerslam. It was cool to see Warrior get involved too, I see a feud brewing from this. The Gauntlet for the Gold match was good, a lot of interesting participants such as Natalya, Joseph Park, and both Stone Colds, the fake and the original. The Austin/Rock stuff reminds me of that feud coming up on the Chillin' with Chase podcast that had SBS, Cwalker, Chase, me, rawisrey, and Slim and Slim said he'd be down for one more match between the two. If we decided to do it, this was certainly a nice set-up.

Did You Know? SBS won the top championship on NXT's first show as well. Congratulations to the Punjabi POTUF!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm happy to see who Andrew's third guy is. He's now two-thirds of the Shield here in UWF.

Lub

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns

Whoa! What a debut. First, I would like to thank WWS for making most of the show, by writing that huge "Royal Rumble" and then the single match between Hardy and Khali. Big props, man!

Then, I'm of course happy, to be officially named first ever winner of iMPACT! haha Hopefully that wasn't my last win on the show.

I was really curious about the Sting vs Hassan thing. It was very interesting and I wouldn't who should win, because in my opinion, they were on the same level of quality, but when Daddy Dres picked up the win, I wasn't disappointed with the result.

And then the match of the matches. Uhm, am I right, that RVD lasted to final three, without making a single elimination? Probably not the only one. lol
Anyways, congrats to SBS, his Khali is going to be an Enemy with big "E" in the beginning. The match was perfectly written with all the excitement and drama from the beginning to the end. I'm curious for the preview.

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

I'd like to thank WWS and the other writers for putting on a fantastic opening show for Impact. The Gauntlet match blew me away with several mark out moments including a ton for my own character.

Did not expect to make the final four and the eliminations were very well written. Well done WWS and congratulations to SBS!

Just a shame I won't get to jump into a feud with Roman Reigns, but these things happen. As a Shield fan, that was one awesome debut for him taking out The Big Red Monster XD.

Brilliant show, looking forward to the preview for next week!

Killz

Reaction score

Made it to the final...6? Man I can't catch a break...

SICK show though WWS man, that gauntlet was off the hook, props for writing that bad boy in one day. I believe I'm on Anarchy going forward but you iMPACT guys have a lot to look forward to I reckon.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

Guys I am really sorry for not TTing to the Gauntlet Battle Royal. Didn't have time, apologies for that. Great show by the way. Congrats to all winners