People Actually Thought This Was "Good"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;aWmkuH1k7uA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmkuH1k7uA[/video]

I'd forgotten how truly bad "Grunge" was, as a genre. A few notable exceptions sure, but most of it was :fp:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Is this an example of good or bad? Because I could list quite a few good bands and nirvana would be one of them.

Last edited:

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, people thought this awful band was "good." Sure people can look back on some bands and admittedly say "ok, well that band was a product of the times. They were alright I guess, but time to move on.. I just won't listen to them anymore."

But in the case of Nirvana, it should be along the lines of "Holy shit. What was I thinking!!!??"

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
One mans opinion. I still find at least some of their songs worthy of listening to as do most of the listeners that listen to the radio station I work for. I also find Collective Soul, Candlebox, Foo Fighters, Seven Mary Three, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam do well

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Suicidal Tendencies (if they count) I kinda liked so Grunge gets the okay from me.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I always thought of Suicidal Tendencies as crossover thrash/hardcore punk. They were legit. Forefathers to many of the wave of New Thrash bands the last few years.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I've never gotten into Nirvana. Overrated beyond belief and they are really the ultimate one hit wonder, Teen Spirit was a huge song but everything else they did stunk and I'll say it...Cobain was a pussy who couldn't handle success.

Pete

Reaction score
[video=youtube;aWmkuH1k7uA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmkuH1k7uA[/video]

I'd forgotten how truly bad "Grunge" was, as a genre. A few notable exceptions sure, but most of it was :fp:

Fuck off. With so many other bands around, you're going to say this one was bad, and you're going to pick THIS song as an example? Well, I've got something else for you:

[youtube]mcXYz0gtJeM[/youtube]

/your argument.

Pete

Reaction score
I've never gotten into Nirvana. Overrated beyond belief and they are really the ultimate one hit wonder, Teen Spirit was a huge song but everything else they did stunk and I'll say it...Cobain was a pussy who couldn't handle success.

One-hit wonder? Are you guys high, or have you never heard any other songs from them? That's it, isn't it? You're the typical person who can't name a second Nirvana song beyond Spirit.

As for the second point...I'm not going to start arguing it here because there's a hell of a lot to it. Let's just say I don't think Kurt killed himself at all, and neither was he a pussy.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Nirvana ARE overrated beyond disbelief but already they did two or three alright songs and some people mad enough to claim they pioneer a genre that didn't exist. There is nothing to support a claim that Nirvana are good musically, they had a few *hits* but their music utter toosh outside those hits and it was clear all about the image or Kurt Cobain being off his rocker to write those shitty ass riffs and lyrics.

Sorry Pete, but when you actually begin to get pubes, you'll learn Nirvana are jokez.

Also, can please try not getting into some debate over Metal sub-genreing; never ends well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Whether you like them or not which I can see how they wouldn't be some people's cup of tea you can't be a one hit wonder and have the kind of impact they had on music.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Four words for the OP: Are you fucking Blue?

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Whether you like them or not which I can see how they wouldn't be some people's cup of tea you can't be a one hit wonder and have the kind of impact they had on music.

They had a deletorious impact on music. This is who they directly influenced:

Seether
Creed
Breaking Benjamin
Shinedown
Hinder

Nothing Nirvana did was ever "good." Sloppy musicianship, and the only reason Cobain is venerated as a saint is because Rolling Stone and Spin magazine decided that he was the "voice of a generation." :rolleyes:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yes, but one could say that Nirvana was influenced by David Bowie, The Velvet Underground, and Iggy Pop.

So since they influenced Nirvana, who in turn influenced some really bad pop rock, it would seem as if Nirvana is not the root of your problem. If you really want to argue that, then you have to follow the line of who influenced who, which would probably wind up some town squire or baird that nobody has ever heard of.

Nine Inch Nails & Skinny Puppy influenced Evanescence, doesnt make me any less of a NIN or Puppy fan. Skinny Puppy(cEVIN kEY to be exact) even discovered Sarah McLaughlin.

But I never really enjoyed Nirvana myself, their cover of The Man Who Sold The World was honestly the best they ever did, and its a complete clusterfuck if you know the original.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

One hit wonder? I'd say the opposite to be honest; they were pretty damn huge.

And it wasn't necessarily that Cobain couldn't handle success, but rather that he didn't want the success.