Paul Heyman Reportedly Proposes Faction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Punk, Rollins, Ohno, and Cesaro. Every indy fans wet dream. And Brock can come screw shit up occasionally.

Out of current stars though, Punk, Cesaro, and Rhodes Scholars would be a good team to add in.

Reaction score
If booked properly this could be a good thing for WWE, it lacks a good stable and with Paul Heyman behind the wheel it could go over really well. I like the idea of Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Antonia Cesaro and Rhodes Scholars. Now that is one talented stable.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Primetime Players may not be the best, but wouldn't the faction need some jobbers? All they have to do is interfere in Punks matches.

Exactly. The way WWE like to book stables is either the entire group are jobbers or there's one star with a group of jobbers around them to get beat up by the stars rival. With Brock and Punk in the one stable, neither of those guys would get their ass kicked often. Brock barely appears he's not going to get beat up when he does. So why have Rhodes Scholars or Cesaro get beat up by Cena or Ryback every week when PTP can take the hit instead?

The LAST thing I want to see is Barrett in another faction. Please GOD no!

Yeah Barretts been in enough stables and he's still trying to recover from the damage that the end of Nexus and the Corre did to him.

Reaction score
^^^

I just find the Prime Time Players wouldn't fit being in a stable with the likes of Punk and Lesnar and especially being led by Paul Heyman. No need to have jobbers in a stable, you could always have guys like Rhodes Scholars and Antonia Cesaro hold their grounds against guys like John Cena and Ryback, not saying that they're going to go over but they don't need to job either.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
^^^

I just find the Prime Time Players wouldn't fit being in a stable with the likes of Punk and Lesnar and especially being led by Paul Heyman. No need to have jobbers in a stable, you could always have guys like Rhodes Scholars and Antonia Cesaro hold their grounds against guys like John Cena and Ryback, not saying that they're going to go over but they don't need to job either.

But then who's John Cena going to destroy every week if he feuds with Punks stable?

The cabinet or Nexus is the perfect example of how WWE books stables, they had JBL/Barrett/Punk surrounded by jobbers so that the star of the group could escape while his jobber stablemates got beat up. Even Orton and Batista spent a fair bit of time getting squashed in the early days of Evolution so HHH could escape while HBK or Goldberg looked good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I love stables in wrestling so the idea of a stable lead by Heyman with Punk and Lesnar involved already sounds awesome. I don't think that Cesaro works with his current gimmick, I think that he is fantastic but I struggle to see him fitting in with the other three in the stable. Rhodes Scholars make the most sense to me, if Damien Sandow wasn't in a tag team right now he would be my standout pick to join the group. Would like to see this evolve into something pretty awesome, been a long time since WWE has had a dominant stable.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I'd love to see Rhodes Scholars as a part of this (I know people will say they don't need Heyman, but neither does Punk) I also think this would be a great way to debut a guy like Ambrose... Heyman could come out and cut a wicked Heyman promo declaring he's found the next "Next Big Thing" in professional wrestling, Ambrose comes out and cuts a killer promo of his own thus making him immediately relevant

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd really like the idea of Rhodes Scholars joining the faction. Eventually try and get all the belts into the faction, that would be pretty awesome.

Reaction score
But then who's John Cena going to destroy every week if he feuds with Punks stable?

The cabinet or Nexus is the perfect example of how WWE books stables, they had JBL/Barrett/Punk surrounded by jobbers so that the star of the group could escape while his jobber stablemates got beat up. Even Orton and Batista spent a fair bit of time getting squashed in the early days of Evolution so HHH could escape while HBK or Goldberg looked good.

I would say you just answered your question right there, Randy Orton and Batista took beating from people like Goldberg and Shawn Michaels. But look where they ended up. A strong stable can cement your future, if this is done correctly Cesaro and Rhodes Scholars could be much like Orton and Batista. It's all about how stables are booked and I could actually see this stable being booked properly as Paul Heyman is a genius and as the mouthpiece he could very well help get over the likes of Cesaro, Rhodes and Sandow. Those three are highly liked with the higher ups in WWE, so putting them alongside Lesnar, Punk and Heyman the skies the limit.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I would say you just answered your question right there, Randy Orton and Batista took beating from people like Goldberg and Shawn Michaels. But look where they ended up. A strong stable can cement your future, if this is done correctly Cesaro and Rhodes Scholars could be much like Orton and Batista. It's all about how stables are booked and I could actually see this stable being booked properly as Paul Heyman is a genius and as the mouthpiece he could very well help get over the likes of Cesaro, Rhodes and Sandow. Those three are highly liked with the higher ups in WWE, so putting them alongside Lesnar, Punk and Heyman the skies the limit.

Its a huge If though, they rely entirely on the fact that its a stable to get the guys over and dont worrt about booking stables to be strong as well. And Heyman has to be the most overrated guy in prowrestling, half of the great ideas in ECW were thought up by the wrestlers and the douche couldn't even pay them.

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Although I'd love to see a faction with Heyman at the helm, I want Lesnar as far away from a WWE ring as possible.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Its a huge If though, they rely entirely on the fact that its a stable to get the guys over and dont worrt about booking stables to be strong as well. And Heyman has to be the most overrated guy in prowrestling, half of the great ideas in ECW were thought up by the wrestlers and the douche couldn't even pay them.

The man knows enough about this stuff that he can probably do it, and make it look amazing. With him as the mouthpiece for the faction alongside CM Punk, they are golden. But 3 guys mentioned are also all talented on the mic, so a faction of all guys talented on the mic is a bonus.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TNA do book better stables though. All WWE stables over the past 6-7 years start with a bang, look good then WWE goes and feeds the entire stable to Orton, Cena or Big Show and the stable just ends up looking like jobbers. TNA dont turn their stables into glorified job squads.

You mean those TNA stables that were basic nWo versions 3,4,5. Those factions that burned themselves out because you didn't have anyone that stood up to them effectively?

You know, the main reason you have a faction. WWe does them right, you don't build them into monsters, because shuit taht dominating becomes cool and thats a no-no for professional wrestling. The heels main job is to be a challenge to the stars.

You fuck it up by making them the stars.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
You mean those TNA stables that were basic nWo versions 3,4,5. Those factions that burned themselves out because you didn't have anyone that stood up to them effectively?

You know, the main reason you have a faction. WWe does them right, you don't build them into monsters, because shuit taht dominating becomes cool and thats a no-no for professional wrestling. The heels main job is to be a challenge to the stars.

You fuck it up by making them the stars.

And Nexus didn't start out dominating? WWE stables start out huge then fizzle and get squashed. 5 on one and John Cena beat them all himself week after week then so did Randy. Theres a limit to just how good the face should look when he's outnumbered so badly. At least TNA dont just job their stables out to one guy.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige