Paul Heyman Reportedly Proposes Faction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- Paul Heyman, who is gaining more creative influence within WWE, recently proposed a faction consisting of WWE Champion CM Punk, Brock Lesnar and Antonio Cesaro, according to SuperLuchas.net.
This of course has been an idea thrown around a lot and it would be interesting to see. Little thrown off with Cesaro's name being thrown in there but it would be a big opportunity for him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not really thrown off by Cesaro. If this faction does end up happening, I think it's obvious that a guy like Cesaro who isn't very big at the moment would be included. He could be interchanged with a lot of other guys though.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd take out Cesaro. I'm not that into the guy and I think there are others that have been around longer and could use the push more.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I would love the idea of this kind of faction. But wouldn't that kind of mean that Lesnar will be a bit more in the ring?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think it should be Punk, Lesnar, and the Kings of Wrestling. Lesnar isn't going to be around full time and we know that, so that would leave Punk with a strong tag, like Legacy, and then a man that can come kick ass when things get heated.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It would have been the Dudley's if they left TNA IMO, as the main tag team

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I think the idea of traditional Survivor Series matches has been tossed around so having a Heyman stable would make sense, say to go up against a McMahon stable.... Punk/Lesnar/Cesaro/Rhodes/Sandow vs Cena/Ryback/Gabriel/Kane/D.Bry (basing this on current storylines or sub in Kofi for Gabriel to have both the mid card titles involved)

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Whatever it takes to utilize Heyman and get him in the spotlight more. His presence is largely being wasted standing around making reaction faces.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Whatever it takes to utilize Heyman and get him in the spotlight more. His presence is largely being wasted standing around making reaction faces.
It's not being wasted when you truly understand his current purpose and role which if you don't he explains it pretty well in his recent interviews. He still gets his mic time anyways as seen on this past Raw.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Eugh, please no. WWE have no idea of how to book a stable thesedays, Both versions of Nexus, SES, Corre, New Breed, etc they always start well for a few weeks then get turned into a group of jobbers. There hasn't been a well booked stable in WWE since Evolution.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I could see this being pretty interesting with Cesaro doing the dirty work for the group as he continues to try to get over. When it comes to exceptional talents Cesaro is one of those guys along with Lesnar and Punk. He's got good size behind him and more charisma than some other options.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Eugh, please no. WWE have no idea of how to book a stable thesedays, Both versions of Nexus, SES, Corre, New Breed, etc they always start well for a few weeks then get turned into a group of jobbers. There hasn't been a well booked stable in WWE since Evolution.
THIS. A million times over. It's actually pretty sad when even TNA does a better job booking stables these days.

On paper, this stable really just looks like 3 random wrestlers thrown together with their only similarity being their allegiance to Paul Heyman. Of course it ultimately comes down to how the idea is executed, but as ETM said, WWE really hasn't been effective at utilizing stables. They always tend to be a 1-man show after a few weeks.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I'll bet if Paul Heyman had complete control over the booking, he'd make his stable work long term.

I'd almost suggest having Punk, Lesnar, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins in a stable.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'll bet if Paul Heyman had complete control over the booking, he'd make his stable work long term.

I'd almost suggest having Punk, Lesnar, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins in a stable.

How sure are you with Heyman? He seems to be content with his outside work from wrestling and he only returned for some big paychecks. I'd do the same but I'd question what kind of ideas he would come up with at this point if his thoughts might be elsewhere.