• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paige reportedly hires legal representation.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
That's the reason this is even remotely worth talking about she's a pretty decent wrestler. Seemingly burning a bridge for a guy she'll probably break up with in another month or two.

I doubt it is a bridge burned though since WWE has brought back wrestlers who have done worse than Paige (Ultimate Warrior, NWO etc).

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
VuOMg05.jpg

lol
Been together for a few months. smh

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
I don't particularly care about the personal life / drama crap aside from it meaning two wrestlers are gone. But, assuming even a small portion of the OP is true, am I the only one completely perplexed by why WWE would give a crap about the personal relationship between the two, let alone make such a big deal of it? It's not as if they're the first WWE wrestlers to start up a dating / whatever relationship. I couldn't care less what they do, but the logic or lack thereof on why WWE would make a big deal of it -- IF that's the case -- bugs me.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
I don't particularly care about the personal life / drama crap aside from it meaning two wrestlers are gone. But, assuming even a small portion of the OP is true, am I the only one completely perplexed by why WWE would give a crap about the personal relationship between the two, let alone make such a big deal of it? It's not as if they're the first WWE wrestlers to start up a dating / whatever relationship. I couldn't care less what they do, but the logic or lack thereof on why WWE would make a big deal of it -- IF that's the case -- bugs me.
It became a bigger deal with the rise of social media. There are pretty rabid dfans (particularly of the women) who hound this type of info and then send tons upon tons of mail, email, tweets, facebook messages about it to WWE. Wanting it in storylines etc. It had become a legitimate issue within WWE administration.

Then there was Lana utilizing it by airing her engagement to Rusev to get out of the breakup angle they were running on TV at the time. That pissed Vince off, and this in turn was fueled by Vince's history of trying to break up couples he feels don't belong (aka, guy gets girl Vince feels is too hot for him) which was what motivated Lana to out her engagement to begin with.

There's a decree now backstage to keep any relationships quiet unless they are already out there in the open. Zack Ryder and Emma have stopped posting pictures of one another or possibly even broken up. And Vince put Carmella and Big Cass on separate brands just to avoid any of this relationship stuff.

It is a fucking mess

MGS32

The Game
Technician
She's young and dumb. Sucks, but good luck to her I guess?
Dumb seems to run in her family. Their promotion is built of blatant nepotism for their mediocre wrestling family, Paige was a good wrestler when the division was awful but right now her flaws are extremely bright and there's no real place for her anymore.

If she wants to throw her career away then it's no ones fault but her own.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
It became a bigger deal with the rise of social media. There are pretty rabid dfans (particularly of the women) who hound this type of info and then send tons upon tons of mail, email, tweets, facebook messages about it to WWE. Wanting it in storylines etc. It had become a legitimate issue within WWE administration.

Then there was Lana utilizing it by airing her engagement to Rusev to get out of the breakup angle they were running on TV at the time. That pissed Vince off, and this in turn was fueled by Vince's history of trying to break up couples he feels don't belong (aka, guy gets girl Vince feels is too hot for him) which was what motivated Lana to out her engagement to begin with.

There's a decree now backstage to keep any relationships quiet unless they are already out there in the open. Zack Ryder and Emma have stopped posting pictures of one another or possibly even broken up. And Vince put Carmella and Big Cass on separate brands just to avoid any of this relationship stuff.

It is a fucking mess

That genuinely just sounds like a complete cluster. I appreciate you shedding some light on it since I didn't know it had gotten to that point, but jeez. Those people clearly have no lives. They should be able to keep the two separate and differentiate between them without expecting any personal relationships to carry over to their TV sets.

Although, that kind of makes me respect Lana to a degree, honestly. Good on her.

I hate for them that Vince is taking it to that extreme. It seems they could just ignore the ignorant masses, let people have whatever relationships they choose, and continue on doing whatever works for storylines and TV. With all the travel and everything else, I could see it being difficult at best for the wrestlers to maintain much in the way of personal relationships outside of the people they work with, so of course those relationships are bound to happen. Sometimes it's good to listen to the fans, but to me this is not one of those times or scenarios. They should just stay out of their private lives. I know with social media that's impossible, but I mean from the standpoint of "who cares?" and let them do what they want on their own time.