Paige reportedly hires legal representation.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Paige Reportedly Hires Legal Representation, WWE Future Up In The Air, Alberto Del Rio Update, More - WrestlingInc.com

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Paige's WWE future is said to be up in the air right now, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. While also dealing with injuries, she is still serving a 30-day suspension for her first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy and is under contract until 2019 but there has been a lot of heat over her relationship with Alberto Del Rio, and other issues, leading to speculation on her not coming back.

We noted last week via MLW Radio's "MSL & Sullivan" podcast that WWE's Mark Carrano approached Paige and Del Rio individually and harassed them about the relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to end the relationship, which is why they were split up in the WWE Draft. It was also reported that the company threatened to fire Paige if she didn't break up with Del Rio. The Observer reports that WWE is denying the story - the harassment to Del Rio and Paige, and the threat to fire her. Apparently there is also a claim going around that Del Rio called Carrano on the subject but Carrano just went silent during the conversation.

For what it's worth, Paige has now reportedly retained legal representation and there's speculation on if she will stay with WWE or leave.

On a related note, it's believed that WWE will be announcing Del Rio's departure any time now.

raw

feel like Keemstar posting all this Drama...

• Haha
Reactions: Solidus1

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I hope it goes to court and Paige yells, "this is MY house!"

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
According to a couple of insiders with pretty good track records Paige handed in her notice on Tuesday. Main deciding factor was that WWE apparently refused to pay out her Wrestlemania pay, which traditionally is paid out during the month she and Alberto got suspended.

I don't know if they would have paid it out after her suspension instead. But she has apparently handed in her notice.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Meh. I would like to add somewhat of a credible response but Paige/Del Rio is just... meh. She's probably just shot herself in the foot tho. Kudos Paige!

Stopspot

Reaction score
She's young and dumb. Sucks, but good luck to her I guess?
Hopefully her being young and dumb (young in particular) means that with some time she'd be allowed back once her relationship with Del Rio ends. I find it hard to believe that they will be a lifelong thing

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What exactly was it that got Del Rio and Paige suspended in the first place anyway? With all this shit going with both bolting this is all getting me suspicious...

Stopspot

Reaction score
What exactly was it that got Del Rio and Paige suspended in the first place anyway? With all this shit going with both bolting this is all getting me suspicious...
They refuse to mention it. Eva Marie got suspended due to her supplements (not that surprising. The banned supplement listings are updated almost monthly). Paige and Del Rio refuse to say a thing.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
They refuse to mention it. Eva Marie got suspended due to her supplements (not that surprising. The banned supplement listings are updated almost monthly). Paige and Del Rio refuse to say a thing.
If Titus got suspended for grabbing Vince... Then WWE can suspend Del Rio and Paige for refusing to break up if that was the case... WWE has to leave relationships alone

Stopspot

Reaction score
If Titus got suspended for grabbing Vince... Then WWE can suspend Del Rio and Paige for refusing to break up if that was the case... WWE has to leave relationships alone
Except WWE stated they were both suspended for breaking the wellness policy. Not for bad conduct.

And they would not use the wellness policy as a scapegoat. It's one of the most heavily scrutinized policies they have and they do not want it tarnished. The wellness policy is very serious.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Except WWE stated they were both suspended for breaking the wellness policy. Not for bad conduct.

And they would not use the wellness policy as a scapegoat. It's one of the most heavily scrutinized policies they have and they do not want it tarnished. The wellness policy is very serious.
Oh ok

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I just got back into WWE a month or so ago. Never seen Paige wrestle. Cute girl but eh they are a dime a dozen in entertainment industry.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I just got back into WWE a month or so ago. Never seen Paige wrestle. Cute girl but eh they are a dime a dozen in entertainment industry.

That's the reason this is even remotely worth talking about she's a pretty decent wrestler. Seemingly burning a bridge for a guy she'll probably break up with in another month or two.