overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Oh and how many times do you need to be told, Orton DID NOT have momentum going into the match with Hardy, he was booked to look like the weakest champ in 13 years and going directly into the Rumble the WWE gave Hardy the biggest pop going into it by taking Orton out with a 30 foot SWANTON

NEXT

CenaMark54

Oh and how many times do you need to be told, Orton DID NOT have momentum going into the match with Hardy, he was booked to look like the weakest champ in 13 years and going directly into the Rumble the WWE gave Hardy the biggest pop going into it by taking Orton out with a 30 foot SWANTON

NEXT

Of course Orton had momentum going into his mini fued with Hardy.

He was the man who took out Cena and HBK
He won the WWE championship
He retained against HBK
He retained against Jericho

His title reign was slowly building steam towards Wrestlemania. Thats the big MO right there. Hardy was his stepping stone, and Triple H made sure it was a big enough stone to get Orton to Mania.

His reign only got better from there as he beat Cena and won the Triple Threat at Mania.

PS: Don't Double Post. Use the Edit button.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Just My Ka-Trillion-Cents in:

I kinda was a kid that grew up in thee-attitude era(99-2002) and like...

Well when I was first watching wrestling and stuff...

Rock was like champion, then got beat for the title by mankind and they basically traded the belt back and forth for awhile til Rock took Austin on at WM-15....

so basically, I was thinking with the whole "Jeff-Hardy-DreamsCUMtrue" push that he might get the belt, Orton win it back somehow ...
and something kind've like that Rock-Mankind feud...

Then Again...

part of me basically knew that hardy wouldn't win it at the rumble, cause for 1, its the rumble and no-one wins a title at the rumble(nowadays) and..2; Orton needed a bit of a long-credible title reign heading into WM24,so he could seem like someone that might be able to win his match againest either HHH or Cena...(and he beat both in a 3way)..so like...guess something-something...and now I'm confused...

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Exactly it was good enough for Rock and Foley, its more than good enough for Orton and Hardy!

Also MARK, he didnt beat Cena, I'm pretty sure he lost that feud to Cena as well, another feud LOST

I'll double post on my own articles MARK, if you don't like it then don't comment on them!

Also take a look at the first page, who would you be left to bore if I wasn't producing articles for talking points!

Airfixx

@ Gaffer: How do you usually differentiate betwen "fact" and rumour when getting your info from these "guys inside the business" you mention?

(Yes, I am quoting you)

...Can't help but think you're refering to nothing more than the same news sites, or put more accurately, rumour-mills that many of us choose to ignore because they're merely speculative, self-serving articles designed with the intention of getting web-traffic to the respective sites or, in some cases, get the writer a rep as a wrestling journalist. "FACTS" rarely come into it.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Well your probably right there AirFixx, I do tend to read news (newz) sites however I am a member of a very good site that Fred Ottman who well all know as Tugboat/Typhoon posts on and gives his views and inside scoop on things although never discloses who exactly tells him these 'insider tales'

He tends to have things spot on the money, so when he tells it like it is then its generally accepted as fact!

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Yes ha, I suppose you could say that!

He is a good guy though, also a member of another site where John Tenta used to post regularly before he sadly passed, he was a real gent although Ottman is far better with the 'insider scoops'

Airfixx

I'm still wondering how you can ever confirm whether what you are choosing to beleive is true (unless it plays out on our screens).

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Well like I have already said, the things Ottman has said said have came true as far as future angles are concerned, and he usually gets his news in long before anything hits the 'newz sites'

Now having said that I choose to believe Ottman on things that can only be described as rumour when read on certain rumour sites, however having been a member of the site for near on four years I tend to believe what he says, he is not known for his BS so when he says something due to his inside knowledge and his contacts (and he only writes for fun not for cash) then he is a pretty safe bet!

Now you are still questioning why I believe him, having been interacting with him for near on four years I feel I am in a position to trust what he says, especially when so many things either come true or eventually come out weeks or months later!

Now I don't ask or expect you to believe it, no one said you should, you asked me why I believe it or what makes it fact, and that for me makes it fact!

Southtown Original

Reaction score
yea guys Mr. Kennedy is so overrated he is asking peoples oppion's before a ppv! people get real the man is underrated.

Conc3pt

Reaction score
The Undertaker (that's right, I said it).

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fantastic wrestler and he's one of the best workers in the industry in a long time. But for all the heat that Cena and Orton get for being "stale", I don't know why people haven't said the same thing about The Undertaker. He uses the same moves pretty much every single match to point where I wonder if I'm watching a rerun of last weeks Smackdown whenever he has a match.

And the Deadman gimmick is really getting stale in so many ways, but thats besides the point.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
John Cena for sure is the most overrated wrestler in the WWE. The reason behind that though is because so many kids love him and so the more mature fans think that makes him a great wrestler. Popularity does not make a great wrestler, skill does. Cena thinks he is good on the mic but he is lame. He is loud and tries hard to sound like he is from the old school on the mic, goes on his rants like he was the Macho Man, but he is far from that status. He is not even funny when he tries to be. The chain gang is lame, and looks like the idea came from some 80's tv show like the A-Team. Get with the times. His rap is old, it is like he is stuck in the times when LL Cool J first came out. His lines are overused and boring, same goes for his wrestling moves, etc, etc, etc.