overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hardcastle

Reaction score
I agree with all of your picks, expect Kennedy. I mean he's not that good in the ring, he needs to be carried to have a good match. He tries to tell a story in the ring, but sometimes he tries to have a powerful style, he changed his finisher many times..He seems to have a lack of confidence..
He's goos with the mic' of course, but I think he's a little bit boring, it's just my personal opinion.

About MVP, I don't think he's overated, but I don't think he's underrated lol

I agree on Cena, just three words " same old shit", well four, " same old BAD shit"...

About Batista, yes this guy can sell in the ring, he can tell a story, too bad he tells the same story since his debut lol " "oh, my leg is hurt, it's gonna be hard to hit the batista bomb, oh my opponent still attacks my leg...batista bomb, victory..."..I hate his matches, and his mic' work is bad, he always says the same thing, well at least it's effective.

Moonlight Drive

Seriously guys, hating Cena is so 2006.

And Batista is freakin' awful. The main fact I hate him is because of all the title matches he gets. And you can't make the excuse 'who else is there?' now he's on Raw, there's plenty of tohers who could put on a much better match with Punk, but hey, we've got Big Dave!

Anyway, Kennedy is overrated. Think about this, if he never did his Mr. Kennedy intro thing when he came in, I don't think that many people would be riding the Kennedy bandwagon. And Kennedy is just getting popular because people see' Hey, this guy likes Kennedy, I'll like him to too!'

Ballin

Reaction score
I didn't want to sabotage the thread, but here goes...

He has awesome mic skills. He sounds exactly how you would picture an evil giant from India to sound. He also has great presence and chairsma

He isn't nearly as bad in the ring, as his WWE work would make him appear. His moveset is extensive, the WWE just doesn;t think a heel giant should have anything but a punch, stomp and powerslam.

He has a great look. You can throw him in at any time with any main eventer and he would seem credible.

As far as I am concerned, they should give him a belt and let him squash everyone for a year then have an up and coming face conquer the giant in what would be a huge and monumental match for the ages.

That would be the boringest pro wrestling year of my life.

But my overated's:

Santino- He's only good on the mic, that's about it.
Jesse/Festus: These guys are boring as hell, Festus has a stupid gimmick that got old after 3 weeks. Also a shitty moveset
Shelton: Really, this guy isnt that "gold"

Underateds:
Shannon Moore

Can't really think of any more at the time. I like Moore's in ring style though.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^How can Jesse and Festus be overrated when nobody says that they are good? You have no logic to that.

And CenaMark, the idea woouldn't work in reality imo. People would probably just stop tuning in. I would like to see it, but it won't happen.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
over-rated id say cm punk and batista cm punk always does the same thing in the same order in the ring, dont think hes that good on the mic, hes promos suk to me 2, and batista its always hes the animal ROAR!!!! he hasnt ben the animal since he 1st left evolution, noew hes just another over-rated big guy

and i dont see how kennedy and mvp are over-rated, to me they are the future of the bis. mvp just needs a new finisher and i think after that he should be in the ME , and as for kennedy ive liked him since alittle after his debut on smackdown, and how he went on and beat so and so former world champs and stuf so i aint the bandwagon hopper

DanDaMan

Reaction score
Hey man if your boy Kennedy was as good as you make him up to be then why was he put back on smackdown? I mean he didn't get over very well he disappointed the WWE. He is the only superstar to win money in the bank and not win lol. It's not over there to really help the show more like start over and try again with him. I would love another explaination from you Kenfan

The Rated R CMStar

I mean he didn't get over very well he disappointed the WWE.

yeah, he wasn't over, sure, that was the problem. Being suspended and getting injured in the midst of his BIG PUSH werent the problem.

He is the only superstar to win money in the bank and not win lol

Uhmm, he was supposed to win the belt, but got injured and misdiagnosed by the doctor.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
even if he was supposed to win the belt um let see has he had a wwe title match at a ppv. Um no as far as i'm concern he couldn't hold the WWE or the WHC champions jock thats why he is stuck were he is at. Until he actually does something and i'm not talking a couple years ago i'm talking about what have you done for me lately? Um that isn't jack sh*t

DanDamMan said:
even if he was supposed to win the belt um let see has he had a wwe title match at a ppv. Um no as far as i'm concern he couldn't hold the WWE or the WHC champions jock thats why he is stuck were he is at. Until he actually does something and i'm not talking a couple years ago i'm talking about what have you done for me lately? Um that isn't jack sh*t
Posts like that aren't helping you. he was slated to win the title twice. Him not being good enough were not the reason he didn't win it.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
I'd say CM Punk, Batista, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, HHH & Randy Orton.

All are mediocre at best on the mic. Sure, Cena can entertain, maybe in 2003. But in 2008, all he entertains are 8 year olds. "Poopy" ? Come on, seriously.

Anyway, HHH is overrated in mic skills and wrestling category. His promo's are boring, and ring skills are meh.

Mysterio? Need I Say More? Show me a GREAT Match he did, and pick one where he doesn't do some flip off the Ladder or something. Also, if it's Angle, that's only because he carried his short ass the whole ride.

Batista is just ugh. Cant talk (Especially now with his 'humor' or lack thereof)

Cena, Cena, Cena. Wrestling Skills are terrible. And as I said, 2003 mic skills were good.

CM Punk. I am yet to see this "Oh so great CM Punk" Everyone keeps raving about from ROH. WWE is the big leagues, so do something good, pal.

Orton....Wrestlings skills, alright. Mic Skills - BORING. Thats the best word to describe him. BORING.

HBK. Well, everyone goes crazy for this guy like he's the greatest ever (Not the greatest ever, 'Taker is) His mic skills aren't too shabby really, but ring skills. Well, not that impressed. Oversells so much he makes his opponent, and him look like a complete dumbass. Oh yeah, HE IS. Nowhere near as good as his "rival" Bret Hart.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot Santino. His mic skills are weak, cheesy ass lines. And ring skills are terrible. Isn't even worth mentioning, but I thought I'd do so, in the overrated category.

And Jeff Hardy. I forgot the Druggie himself. Guy cant wrestle Good. (A Flip off the Ladder isn't wrestling) His mic skills are B-O-R-I-N-G...BORING!!....more than Orton actually, which is a shocker.

Underrated, I'll just say Finlay, Elijah Burke, Shelton Benjamin, Big Show & Y2J.

Jeff Hardy is overrated? What about his matches with Michaels, Morrison and Orton all this year. Yeah, they were just flips off ladders, weren't they?

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
With Orton? That one at the Rumble was decent. Not great.

Vs. HBK. I really don't remember seeing his match vs him, so I cant judge on that one.

And his matches vs. Morrison when John was on RAW were pretty good but....the best ones were in Ladder Matches, and it was good cause, well, it was a LADDER MATCH..

Airfixx

Shelton Benjamin: "Wow! He's so athletic!" ...So, he can run up ladders and mount the turnbuckle in one leap? Big deal!

KroniK 4-2-0 said:
With Orton? That one at the Rumble was decent. Not great.

Vs. HBK. I really don't remember seeing his match vs him, so I cant judge on that one.

And his matches vs. Morrison when John was on RAW were pretty good but....the best ones were in Ladder Matches, and it was good cause, well, it was a LADDER MATCH..
I was reffering to Morrison vs Jeff on SD a few weeks ago. A SINGLES MATCH. And if you can't remember Jeff vs Michaels, you obviously don't watch wrestling.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
^Please, tell me when HBK/Druggie had this match. I don't remember. Then again, I really don't care what those overrated punks do to be honest. Anyway, I don't watch much SD! so I did miss Jeff's match vs. Morrison.....OMG two or three good match in 2008? WOW!!! Let's give him wrestler of the year!!!!

Fuck that, he was overrated 8 years ago, five, and now.