• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

He has had three amazing matches, and has been in possibly the best feud of the year. But yep, he is overrated. You don't make any points to back up your argument, you just say, "I don't care!"

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Possibly the best feud of the year? Vs. who? Orton??? Lol, that's rich.

AMAZING Matches?

Austin/Rock is Amazing

Bret/Austin is amazing

Angle/Benoit is Amazing

Jeff Hardy/Randy Orton is DECENT.

And I'm sure those other two were possibly good. POSSIBLY. Highly doubtful it was Amazing or I would of heard about 'em.

Well go on, tell me a better feud from this year. There have been none.

Hardy vs Michaels was amazing. Do I care that you haven't heard of it? No. Your opinion does nothing at all to alter mine, because you never back up your 'facts'.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Joe/Angle.

Edge/'Taker

Y2J/HBK is already better

Show/Mayweather (Pretty pathetic, huh?)

Hell, HBK/Flair was better, and I hate them both.

Booker T/Robert Roode

Year is only a bit over half way through, so many more others will beat that one out. Booker T/Joe just began and that's already better, soon it'll be way better.

Joe vs Angle 2000? No way. Everyone was sick of it.

Edge/Taker. Once again, everyone got sick of it. Wasn't as dynamic as Hardy vs Orton, and didn't have anywhere near the great hype.

Y2J vs HBK? It would be second. Only problem is that it is the same stuff happening every week, and that Y2J isn't what he used to be.

Show/Mayweather? That's why they both turned mid-feud, isn't it?

HBK vs Flair: Wasn't really a feud, it was Flair's angle.

Booker vs Roode: Yeah it was great for the first month. Two months mater it was boring.

It's funny, because you are trying so hard, yet coming up with so little. But please, do keep trying.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
I don't need to try hard, I just gave the facts of why Orton/Hardy wasn't "great".

Again, DECENT, just like the match.

I already said 7 feuds that were better. Why should I need to list more? I don't.

ben.waller

Reaction score
I don't need to try hard, I just gave the facts of why Orton/Hardy wasn't "great".

Again, DECENT, just like the match.

I already said 7 feuds that were better. Why should I need to list more? I don't.

Well, it was well hyped, made the viewer want to watch the PPV and see if Hardy was to win the belt... Well at least the average WWE viewer, mark.

the-gaffer

Reaction score

I am not the biggest fan of either of them, and at the time the WWE did not know who to have walk out of the Rumble with the strap so YES it was great, it wasn't a classic angle but when the writers do not even know for sure who is going to come out on top then the viewer can have very little knowledge on it, so mystery makes it instantly better!

If Cena had not returned at the Rumble Hardy would have won the WWE title from Orton, he may have lost it again at No Way Out but he probably would have went over Orton at the Rumble, in my opinion of course!

CenaMark54

I am not the biggest fan of either of them, and at the time the WWE did not know who to have walk out of the Rumble with the strap so YES it was great, it wasn't a classic angle but when the writers do not even know for sure who is going to come out on top then the viewer can have very little knowledge on it, so mystery makes it instantly better!

If Cena had not returned at the Rumble Hardy would have won the WWE title from Orton, he may have lost it again at No Way Out but he probably would have went over Orton at the Rumble, in my opinion of course!

Please....Are you telling us you actually expected Hardy to win?

There was no way Orton was losing that match. It was one of the most predictable matches of the year. For one, Hardy was not main eventing Mania. Secondly, they wouldn't put the belt on Hardy only to take it off him a month later and kill all Orton's momentum. Thirdly, they had been building up to some combination of Orton, Cena, and HHH for a while. Why would they throw that away by putting the belt on Hardy.

Hardy was just a puppet, used to get Orton even more over than he was for Wrestlemania. Triple H, put him over so that he would be a credible victim for Orton, since Jericho wasn't able to get the job done.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Not at all, Hardy was pushed by Triple H because Trips felt he was far more deserving of the push than a returning Chris Jericho, I fully believe Jericho was to come back and 'save us' from John Cena, a heel Jericho would then have won the title at the Rumble and Triple H would have won the Rumble and it would have led to Hunter going over Jericho at Mania!

Now its already been widely accepted that Stephanie McMahon made the 11th hour call on Orton retaining the title, there was questions the WWE never new what to do or where to go with it, however you being you, simply only believe whats in your mind, a reason why I have no desire to debate with you, simply because you cannot reason with you, if no one accepts your version then you sulk and then spit out stuff like "I only accept my opinions" like the nonsense you spouted last week!

As for Orton losing his momentum? You shown your lack of knowledge on the matter up, Orton up until the Rumble was the weakest looking world champ since Bob Backlund in 1994, he only 'won' the strap after Helmsley had beat him then Umaga, Shawn Michaels nailed him for about 5 weeks solid with Sweet Chin Music, and beat him a couple of times as well, it was only when Orton was booked to beat Michaels in a match that he wasn't allowed to use his finisher that he looked like he could actually beat him, even then Michaels carried the match with his amazing array of technical classics, Jericho was booked to have looked like he was seconds away from winning the strap before JBL saved him with a DQ, Flair beat the world champ on RAW to save himself, Hardy was beating him up every week, there has never been a weaker looking champ until after he managed to beat Hardy!

Yea, great momentum!

CenaMark54

Hardy was beating him up every week, there has never been a weaker looking champ until after he managed to beat Hardy!

Yea, great momentum!

Ummm...I was referring to your statement that Hardy would have beat Orton then lost the belt back to Orton at No Way Out if Cena didn't return.

That is the single most ridiculous theory I have ever heard.

If they wanted Orton to main event manai, why would they have him lose the belt, only to win it back a few weeks later?

That is a momentum killer right there. I don't care how Orton retained his title. He still managed to get passed HHH, Jericho, HBK. He had momentum going into the match and was the top heel.

The reason Hardy beat Orton up every, is so marks like yourself would beleive that Hardy had a chance to beat Orton. Say all you want about last minute changes, Orton was only going to win. Hardy never had a shot.

Triple H put over Hardy, not for Hardy, but for Orton. So Orton could be a huge heel going into Mania coming of victories over Hardy and Cena.

The only thing that changed was the Mania result because no one beleived Orton would win.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Helmsley put Hardy over for Hardy, he may not have wanted him to win the title but he wanted him main eventing instead of Jericho - FACT

Unless you seem to know ohh so much more than guys inside the business, again having read your thoughts on your self worth I would have no shock in beliving you think you know everything!

"That is a momentum killer right there. I don't care how Orton retained his title. He still managed to get passed HHH, Jericho, HBK. He had momentum going into the match and was the top heel."

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

You argue for arguments sake, instead of looking at the proper opinion you stick to your guns for no other reason than accepting you are wrong!

Orton was made to look like the cheapest and worst champion in 13 years - FACT, Hardy (who I do not like) had the biggest pop in the company and HE was the one who had the momentum, now I did not say he would have lost the strap at No Way Out, I said he could have possibly lost it at No Way Out

Not until Mania did Orton look credible and even then it was the shock of shocks that he won, although you probably think you knew he would!

CenaMark54

^^^Nope....I thought Orton would lose. Just like everyone else in the world except SP. I did however think he should have won.

Regarding Hardy, if Triple H put over Hardy for the benefit of Hardy, Jeff would have beaten Orton.

Triple H put over Hardy, to make him a credible face for Orton to beat. It made suckers like you believe that Hardy would win. It made you hate Orton even more when it didn't happen. That right there is the one true fact. It isn't fact because of some internet report. It is fact because it actually happened.

Hardy was lined up to get beaten by Orton.

Regarding Orton not being credible. The WWE did what they had to do. With HHH, they couldn't just have Orton pin HHH clean when they were both fresh. There would be no justification for a rematch at Mania. They also couldn't have him beat Jericho clean in Jericho's return match. They did what they could to elevate Orton, without hurting the top money maker (Triple H at the time) and a returning star (Jericho), who they were expecting big things out of.

Bottomline, Orton had momentum going into his match with Hardy. It evnetually set up big wins over Hardy, Cena and Triple H. The top three faces on Raw. If Orton didn't have momentum, he wouldn't have gone over. His title reign put him in a position where he can jump into the main event at any time.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss i guess in your world ehhh?

Triple H has no say on who wins the world title despite what marks like you think!

He does have some pull though in the office and he did his best to put Jeff over, which many felt he did well!

Jeff and Orton were neck and neck going into the Rumble as to who would win the title, Stephanie made the last minute call it should be Orton when Cena confirmed to Vince that he would return at the Rumble- FACT

Again you believe what you want, not like it matters, MARKS can not be reasoned with!