Orton returning a heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
To be honest, heel or face he will always come out to cheers.

Reactions: Hannah Bee

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Really? That's beautiful. Orton was the best heel of the PG Era, even better than Mark Henry.

As for some of the other posts about how you'd do it, simple. Have a Triple Threat #1 Contenders Match for the WHC between Kofi Kingston (after losing the tag titles), Alberto Del Rio, and Daniel Bryan. Bryan is selling on the outside, and Kofi hits the Trouble in Paradise on Del Rio. Overcome with emotion and being ecstatic, Kofi runs around and does the little bounce off the ropes for the Boom Drop as Orton runs in the ring, RKO. Del Rio rolls over to pin Kofi. (Assuming ADR doesn't main event No Way Out)

Basically it's the same thing Edge did to turn heel in 2010, but it would work. Plus it would re-ignite the Kofi vs Orton feud that almost made a main eventer out of Kofi (fucking backstage politics)

Will Orton still be cheered? Yes. But he'll be more comfortable and less boring, and the cheers aren't forcing WWE to turn Daniel Bryan face...

amjustthat

Jobber
Reaction score
Orton in unique, he is SO good as heel, SO bad as face, on a scale I've never seen before!

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
amjustthat said:
Orton in unique, he is SO good as heel, SO bad as face, on a scale I've never seen before!

Pretty much this. I don't think anyone could really make the "Viper" work as a face. He doesn't have the face-like charisma or mic skills to work that face role. He's sort of like Kane - better as a silent monster type heel.

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
Like Crayo said Viper can never just be a face he is know for saying what he needs to say even if the wwe universe dosent like it

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Legend Killer Heel Orton > All Orton gimmicks.

RKO1-1.jpg

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Not sure tbh. I loved his viper gimmick.

Got boring after a while.. He used the LK gimmick for years and didn't get boring.

I like the pretty boy/show off Orton better than insane/mental Orton.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He played both really well so it's just a matter of opinion really. Either way he's a fantastic heel.

100% agreed.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Really? That's beautiful. Orton was the best heel of the PG Era, even better than Mark Henry.

As for some of the other posts about how you'd do it, simple. Have a Triple Threat #1 Contenders Match for the WHC between Kofi Kingston (after losing the tag titles), Alberto Del Rio, and Daniel Bryan. Bryan is selling on the outside, and Kofi hits the Trouble in Paradise on Del Rio. Overcome with emotion and being ecstatic, Kofi runs around and does the little bounce off the ropes for the Boom Drop as Orton runs in the ring, RKO. Del Rio rolls over to pin Kofi. (Assuming ADR doesn't main event No Way Out)

Basically it's the same thing Edge did to turn heel in 2010, but it would work. Plus it would re-ignite the Kofi vs Orton feud that almost made a main eventer out of Kofi (F**cking backstage politics)

Will Orton still be cheered? Yes. But he'll be more comfortable and less boring, and the cheers aren't forcing WWE to turn Daniel Bryan face...

No Way Out already happened?
And the Kofi vs. Orton feud was pretty cool, didn't the whole thing start because Kofi botched the script? Orton was supposed to go for the punt kick, but Kofi got up so he hit him with the RKO instead.