Orton injured?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I was almost too busy laughing at "Orton needs more mic time" to laugh at all the rest of the amazing shit in this thread. lolyouguys... Every PPV since Summerslam has been incredibly lackluster, every PPV since Summerslam had Orton in the title match. As Stopspot said, lots of them were interesting because Bryan but that's about it

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Batista is winning the title at Mania. Its in his contract or some shit.

While it wouldn't surprise me if it were, the rumor that seems to have the most prevalence is that there is a clause in his contract that he would win the Rumble and main event Mania, not win the title at Mania.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
While it wouldn't surprise me if it were, the rumor that seems to have the most prevalence is that there is a clause in his contract that he would win the Rumble and main event Mania, not win the title at Mania.

wk
Well we know Orton isn't carrying the title both into and out of Mania lol. Batista would obviously take the strap off him

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't see how it's not possible for Orton to do just that.

wk
Really? really? lol, no change in hell. Even if those were the original plans, no way with how Orton's title run has gone over with the crowd.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
LOL...you talk about the crowd, I talk about the story. Nice to see we know how to play our roles.

wk
Even storyline wise everything is pointing toward Orton being de-pushed. Less and less confidence from the authority, now he is losing all these pre-EC matches?? Someone losing a singles match on SD to Cesaro (whoops, spoiler) is going to walk out of Mania as world champ? Can't picture it personally.

Reactions: Majour

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
An injured Orton would not have any major implication on the ratings. He's never been a major draw. He's been a decent secondary draw but he's never drawn as a major player (see Cena, Rock, Austin)

Cena, Rock, Austin and Lesnar

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Even storyline wise everything is pointing toward Orton being de-pushed. Less and less confidence from the authority, now he is losing all these pre-EC matches?? Someone losing a singles match on SD to Cesaro (whoops, spoiler) is going to walk out of Mania as world champ? Can't picture it personally.

They could be building it up to make it look impossible for him to even walk out of EC as Champion, hence all the talk on Raw and Smackdown the last few weeks about how impossible it is for a Champion to retain in the EC and how Orton has never won an EC match. The more Orton loses, the more likely it is he'll walk out of EC as the Champion. Don't forget that the real feud between Batista and Orton (or Batista, Bryan, and Orton or Batista, Lesnar, and Orton) hasn't really started yet. It won't start until after EC. So, don't get bogged down in the minutiae of the EC build.

Also, I don't think Orton is going to walk out of Mania as Champion. I still think there's a third player that will be involved with the feud because I still think they want to find a way to have Daniel Bryan walk out of Mania as Champion. I'm just saying that it's not impossible, or unlikely, for Orton to walk out as Champion.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'll say it for you. Orton walking out of Mania champ is unlikely and nearly impossible.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If it does happen, I'm going to write a SCATHING! blog post shitting all over WWE for being smurfs.

Reactions: Wacokid27