Orton Criticizes WWE Roster Depth

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Brock Lesnar had a 10 year no compete clause dumbass. He left in '04, and it took him 3 years to get a judge to rule that the UFC did not constitue "Competition".

Contracts are now revised to cover that situation as well. Not every contract is, but the ones that the WWE really invest in, their contracts are so damn binding that they are basicly property of the WWE.

And Name one damn star that left WWE and made TNA a credible threat. NOT ONE. TNA does not exist to the WWE. No matter who has left WWE, and gone to TNA, they have never broken more than a 1.4 rating. Infact, a 1.0 is considered success for TNA.

Vince will gladly give TNA his old trash, let them get huge contracts with TNA and weigh them down with those heavy contracts that produce no results what so ever.

Stop trying to throw BS at the wall hoping it will stick B/C your not arguing with a dumbass.

If you notice... nowhere did I state that anybody that left helped TNA get big. Nowhere did I state anything about ratings. Nowhere did I state anything about these guys helping improve ratings. What I said is they left and eventually went there.

And as far as Brock's contract goes... sorry I wasn't present for the signing and didn't get to read the fine print of it so whatever it was about his contract... I had no info on. Glad you were able to find all of that out though. Saved me a lot of paperwork to thumb through.

So... again... ratings... what does that have to do with anything? You're bringing in useless points that have nothing to do with anything to beef up what you're saying when what you are saying is nothing.

And your pic still makes you look gay.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Good to see yet another thread get derailed...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Chad unless it's on topic keep that other shit to yourself please.

Anyways as for this I think the biggest issue is that they aren't being groomed long term. There is too much hot shotting and then they give up on them if they don't become a star instantly. They seem to be doing it right every now and again with a guy like Dolph who they could have gave up on but thus far they're grooming him the right way as long as they stay with him and don't allow him to fall off the face of the earth in a few months.

Chadillac

Reaction score
If you notice... nowhere did I state that anybody that left helped TNA get big.

And as far as Brock's contract goes... sorry I wasn't present for the signing and didn't get to read the fine print of it so whatever it was about his contract... I had no info on. Glad you were able to find all of that out though. Saved me a lot of paperwork to thumb through.

So... again... ratings... what does that have to do with anything? You're bringing in useless points that have nothing to do with anything to beef up what you're saying when what you are saying is nothing.

And your pic still makes you look gay.

Look, I have been instucted to stay on topic and keep stuff to myself, so im done. However, you can keep calling me gay all you want. I DONT CARE. I am about to become a VIP member, and I want to set a good example.

I'm sorry PHX and Dale.

Orton is basicly saying that he does not want to become an afterthought by being forced to work wih "Tallent" that the WWE refuses to build.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
While Orton is right that there is a lack of depth in the roster he is partially responsible for that with not putting a lot of people over, other then Mark Henry who has really lost to recently in a non dirty matter, he completly killed off Christian's momentum and ratings were fine with Christian as champion and in a span of 4 months Christian got 2 titles reigns and both were awful because he never got any wins during it.

Then we can go back to 09 where he killed off Kofi's momentum as well all because of a botch fuck man he got up early so what no reason for the guy to lose his temper and yell idiot on the screen I sometimes wonder whether Orton is a bad as Triple H in that sense.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Look, I have been instucted to stay on topic and keep stuff to myself, so im done. However, you can keep calling me gay all you want. I DONT CARE. I am about to become a VIP member, and I want to set a good example.

I'm sorry PHX and Dale.

Orton is basicly saying that he does not want to become an afterthought by being forced to work wih "Tallent" that the WWE refuses to build.

You went off topic bringing ratings in and your biased views assuming you were right about everything you said... so you can attempt to be a "model member" but you won't be. I'ma tell ya like it is. If ya don't like it... ah well.

But back to my original post... Orton was absolutely right in what was said. Christian was good but he is still missing something. He is top tier but he isn't main event. He can put together good matches and everything, he can talk but for some reason he just isn't main event.

The Kofi situation... that was completely messed up. Kofi was finally on his way up and then he had the rug pulled from underneath him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Orton talking about lack of talent depth, when he had the opportunity to make a few stars over the years is humorous to me.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
It is frustrating as a wrestling fan now days to watch guys like Edge, Batista, Cena, Orton, among others win multiple championships in such a short time frame. Austin had 6, Rock had 6, and Undertaker had like 3 or 4 championships before 2004. I can't keep up with the number of world titles guys have now days.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
To be fair though Austin and Rock would have probably had more had they stayed. Esp Rock who is a 9 time champion in his 7 year career that he had.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
While Orton is right that there is a lack of depth in the roster he is partially responsible for that with not putting a lot of people over, other then Mark Henry who has really lost to recently in a non dirty matter, he completly killed off Christian's momentum and ratings were fine with Christian as champion and in a span of 4 months Christian got 2 titles reigns and both were awful because he never got any wins during it.

Then we can go back to 09 where he killed off Kofi's momentum as well all because of a botch fuck man he got up early so what no reason for the guy to lose his temper and yell idiot on the screen I sometimes wonder whether Orton is a bad as Triple H in that sense.
I've been a big fan of Orton this year so I guess i'll go on the defensive for him.

He himself didn't kill Christian's momentum, that was obviously the management as it's quite obvious they've never seen him as the guy but because of Edge's injury they felt obliged to put the belt on him. Yes Orton won more of the matches, but the matches were all finely balanced and Orton made Christian look every bit his equal.

Similar deal with the Cody feud, minus the title switches. Orton wins the majority of the matches which he should do being he's the better of the two (in terms of card position and kayfabe) but also made Cody look great and was a great stepping stone for him to move onto Booker.

His ongoing feud with Barrett you could also say that he's been the weaker booked of the two after Wade beating him at Survivor Series, putting him through the table on RAW and then writing him off of TV in the SD Street Fight for a few weeks. Undoubtedly the best Wade has looked since The Nexus.

The Kofi situation there is absolutely no defense for though so i'll give you that one.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Man Orton has become such a douche, your telling me that Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, The Miz, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Christian arent good enough to face at Mania?

His ego has gotten so big, hes probably just pissed cause Punk is the most popular wrestler right now.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He's not saying that he's saying that WWE doesn't stay with the guys they push long enough like they always kept pushing him and gave him chances to succeed without pulling the rug from under him (Well minus the first Triple H/Orton feud but making him a face was mistake anyways). That's pretty much been WWE's problem with pushing guys the guy in your sig a great example of pushing the hell out of them and getting them over but then pulling the rug from under them and making them start all over again making it harder to get over than it was before.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Man Orton has become such a douche, your telling me that Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, The Miz, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Christian arent good enough to face at Mania?

His ego has gotten so big, hes probably just pissed cause Punk is the most popular wrestler right now.

Orton is remembering his '08 and '09 WM years, and he want back with the top guys. He wants a heel run, to face Punk at WM so he can get back to "The good ole' days".

in the '10 WM, he was put in a match he felt was beneath him, and was moved after last year's WM.

It's been 2 years since he was "leading" the WWE, and now he wants it all back.

Well to damn bad. Get your ass in the ring with your successor, Cody Rhodes. That should be your WM match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well to damn bad. Get your ass in the ring with your successor, Cody Rhodes. That should be your WM match.
He's already wasted a Mania on him & Ted, it's time he had a high profile match.

Chadillac

Reaction score
He's already wasted a Mania on him & Ted, it's time he had a high profile match.

Come on my dude. Thats not fair.

That was two years ago. Cody is on a whole new level. It's Cody who is taking off, and Orton who's best year is behind him. Everybody had major praise for their feud late last year and I think it was testing the waters.

If he were floundering like Ted, in having to resort to complete ass kissing to the fans just to get a "polite" cheer, I would not be advocating this.

It was not Orton who had MSG roaring his name at SVS, that was Cody.

And if we took your standard about "wasting" things, and applied them to Orton, he would have never been given a second title oppurtunity after he completly flopped his first.